(Link to video)
Improvement of 480 frames of my first TAS of Lucky Luke [2270] GBC Lucky Luke by TheKDX7 in 24:20.47
Mexico City - 101 frames lost (more accurate emulation)
Stagecoach - 12 frames lost (more accurate emulation)
Painful Gulch - no change
Train - 23 frames lost (more accurate emulation)
Saloon - 78 frames gained (actual improvement)
The Prairie - 3 frames gained (actual improvement)
Buffalo - 18 frames lost (more accurate emulation)
Ranch - 46 frames gained (more accurate emulation)
Rapids - 19 frames gained (more accurate emulation)
Cheyenne Mtns - 303 frames gained (big improvement)
Tornado - 28 frames lost (more accurate emulation)
Jail - 209 frames gained (actual improvement)

Game objectives

• Emulator used: vba-rerecording-svn232-win32
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Take damage to save time
  • Uses the hardest difficulty
  • Uses no password
  • Genre platform

Improvements

I do not know exactly the number of frames which I gained in every level but I can say to you which was improved compared with the old TAS.

Mexico City

Nothing changed.

Stagecoach

Nothing changed.

Painful Gulch

Nothing changed.

Train

Nothing changed.

Saloon

First improvement: In the old version I lost my second heart because of the mouse, maintaining I them lost in an explosion what made me gain some frames. Second improvement: Instead of hanging on twice on the scale, I catch the floor.

The Prairie

Old version: (Saloon) 1 heart lost because of a mouse. Old version: (Prairie) 2 hearts lost because an explosion and a snake. New version: (Saloon) 2 hearts lost because of the explosions. New version: (Prairie) 1 heart lost because an explosion.

Buffalo

Nothing changed.

Ranch

Nothing changed.

Rapids

Nothing changed.

Cheyenne Mountains

I managed to get through certain explosion, what was the biggest improvement compared with the old version.

Tornado

Nothing changed.

Jail

A little more precise movement.

Suggested Screenshot.

Enjoy

feos: Accepting this improvement and publishing to the Vault.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3858: TheKDX7's GBC Lucky Luke in 24:19.08
Editor, Experienced player (608)
It appears you used VBA24 for this run, and not any VBA23 (desyncs on all of them). I also figured out the frame gain/loss at the end of each level for you, VBA24's more accurate emulation means there is more lag by the end of most levels: Mexico City - 101 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Stagecoach - 12 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Painful Gulch - no change Train - 23 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Saloon - 78 frames gained (actual improvement) The Prairie - 3 frames gained (actual improvement) Buffalo - 18 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Ranch - 46 frames gained (more accurate emulation) Rapids - 19 frames gained (more accurate emulation) Cheyenne Mtns - 303 frames gained (big improvement) Tornado - 28 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Jail - 209 frames gained (actual improvement) Also, according to VBA, this run is an improvement of 480 frames over the previous run, not 481. You might want to add all of this to your submission text. Now that we have the Vault, I'm voting No to this so it will still be published, even though the autoscrollers are quite boring.
TheKDX7
He/Him
Player (115)
CoolKirby wrote:
It appears you used VBA24 for this run, and not any VBA23 (desyncs on all of them). I also figured out the frame gain/loss at the end of each level for you, VBA24's more accurate emulation means there is more lag by the end of most levels: Mexico City - 101 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Stagecoach - 12 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Painful Gulch - no change Train - 23 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Saloon - 78 frames gained (actual improvement) The Prairie - 3 frames gained (actual improvement) Buffalo - 18 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Ranch - 46 frames gained (more accurate emulation) Rapids - 19 frames gained (more accurate emulation) Cheyenne Mtns - 303 frames gained (big improvement) Tornado - 28 frames lost (more accurate emulation) Jail - 209 frames gained (actual improvement) Also, according to VBA, this run is an improvement of 480 frames over the previous run, not 481. You might want to add all of this to your submission text. Now that we have the Vault, I'm voting No to this so it will still be published, even though the autoscrollers are quite boring.
OK thank you for the information CoolKirby, but why to vote not?
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
TheKDX7 wrote:
Bad game choice (this run will not be rejected for that reason).
Editor, Experienced player (608)
TheKDX7 wrote:
I'm not voting No for it not to be published. I'm answering the (relatively) new poll question. I didn't find the run entertaining, so I do want it to be published, but in the Vault, and not among the Moons.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2316] GBC Lucky Luke by TheKDX7 in 24:19.08