Game objectives

• Emulator used: desmume-0.9.8_r4382 and Advanced Bus-Level Timing OFF
  • Aim For Fastest Time
  • Uses zipping glitch
  • Manipulates luck
  • Takes Damage To Save Time

About the run

This is an improvement Version of My TAS. 2819frame was updated.This is because a new zipping glitch was optimized.

Tricks

New zipping glitch

It will reproduce , if screen outside LVUP at a place with a screen change.In order to make it reproduce by the skill of axe, a certain necessity for a change is upside a screen. Furthermore, a return place needs to be in a wall. This place can attain this condition early most.

About the place which made the zipping glitch reproduce this submission

The open space top of the two-room left cannot usually come and go from the place of Flying Armer.but, only by coming and going ordinarily being impossible, there is a map change judging in fact.The zipping glitch is started using this change judging more quickly than the obsolete.Moreover, it stopped on the way in order to earn exp for making it LVUP at this place, and Armer Knight is kill.

Note

• This glitch can be used also by Julius Mode.Since it can go to Mine of judgement, without setting a flag, julius mode tas should be able to also be updated sharply.

Special thanks

• McBobX: TAS which took in new movement was created first.
  • gocha: Most technology currently used by this TAS is built by him.Moreover,it was exerted for the improvement of DeSmuME.You could not make this TAS without him.
  • Kriole: Technology shown by 100% soul TAS , such as a random number method of preparation and motion cancellation, was greatly consulted. Moreover, it is referring to a part of course of this TAS.
  • KAZU:New zipping gliche used for updating this TAS was discovered.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Replaced submission file with a 46-frame improvement by the author.
Noxxa: Excellent improvement once again. Again accepting as an improvement of the published run.

natt: peroecseing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3909: mtbRc's DS Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow in 03:50.05
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Fun, the way the run is constantly getting improved.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Welcome to mtbRc's wild ride Yes vote.
GoddessMaria
She/Her
Reviewer, Experienced player (849)
Beautiful quick destruction, mtbRc! Vote is Yes!
Current projects: failing at life
darkszero
He/Him
Improving the TAS in less time the publishing process takes, twice! At least the encode's easier to make now, since IT'S SO SHORT. Yes vote, of course!
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Incredible, another improvement! Nice work. Yes vote.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Active player (266)
Simply amazing. Never thought the game would be pushed to the limit like this.
Love how the in-game timer freaks out and jumps twice. (to 00:02:05.xx --> 4971:08:15.52 --> 4972.21:04.65) Yes vote! Four thousand hours! Desert Bus, you better watch out! We got a new challenger!
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Too long setup. How about INSTANTLY glitching the flying heck out of the damn gaem? Guys are impatient after all!
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Editor
Guys, stop being so slow with the publishing. Remember, the in game timer is not suitable for deciding how much video to capture.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
/rocks back a forward/ please be the last one, please be the last one yes vote... you destroyed it more...
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Patashu
He/Him
So this category is not going to get any faster, right? Right??
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Since I could find the correct image for this run, I decided to made one instead.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
That was amazing! Yes vote, of course.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
I wonder if we reached the peak of how broken this game can get. Yes vote.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
There's no peak in that.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
All the zipping in this game is starting to remind me of the Harmony of Dissonance glitched runs. Yes vote.
My user name is rather long, feel free to call me by htwt or tape.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
yes vote I don’t understand why he spent time grinding though
Wow!! LONGEST TAS EVER! Over 4700hrs and it's not even Desert Bus! Yet you still compact it all into an awesome TAS! Definitely a wonderful improvement. But could you explain the zipping glitch in more detail for those of us who are having trouble understanding the seemingly random movement on the map? Like it looks like you have control along the way, but not really... Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Yes for sure what a nice 200days speed run lol
Patashu
He/Him
ALAKTORN wrote:
yes vote I don’t understand why he spent time grinding though
I think that it is because you need enough mana to finish the zip.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Invariel
He/Him
Editor, Site Developer, Player (169)
To start the zip, actually. He has barely enough mana to throw the bone and activate the axe special. I think the small amount of MP he has left after it drops is due to levelling up off the bat.
I am still the wizard that did it. "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -- Satoru Iwata <scrimpy> at least I now know where every map, energy and save room in this game is
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
The grinding is two-fold. 1. To be at a high enough level for MP usage to pull off both techniques. 2. To be at the right EXP level in order to get a level up while killing that bat. If he doesn't kill the bat in the middle of the axe's special attack, the zip won't trigger.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Invariel
He/Him
Editor, Site Developer, Player (169)
I think my favourite improvement out of all of this is that Skeleton soul actually has a use. If only Ghost soul did.
I am still the wizard that did it. "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -- Satoru Iwata <scrimpy> at least I now know where every map, energy and save room in this game is
Skilled player (1263)
Flying Armer battle and zipping were fixed finely. and were improvement 46Frames ->http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/145542696/mtbRc-CV-DoS-glitched-tas_v3d3.dsm. Is it substitutable?