Submission Text Full Submission Page
Theme Park is a classic building game from Bullfrog. It was initially released for DOS, but has since been ported to the DS.
This run reaches the credits in the fastest possible time.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: DeSmuME 0.9.8
  • Scarifies input time in favor of realtime
  • Skips the Dinosaur ride
  • Never opens the park
  • Never starts the park

Comments

I am quite sure that this is unbeatable.

Noxxa: Claiming for judgment.
Noxxa: Rejecting because it fails to beat the game. No matter what Warp might think.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3911: henke37's DS Theme Park "0%" in 00:09.41
Skilled player (1706)
Editor
It's April 1st in Russia.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Requesting encode. [/henke37]
Post subject: Theme park: YouTube
Link to video
FractalFusion wrote:
Requesting encode. [/henke37]
Active player (441)
I blinked. What did I miss?
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
hegyak wrote:
It's April 1st in Russia.
It's been April 1st in Australia for about 10 hrs and 36mins... 24 minutes remain after just writing that it's now 23mins till april 1st for the server 22mins 21mins 20mins 19mins 18mins 17mins 16mins 15mins 14mins 13mins 12mins 11mins 10mins 9mins 8mins 7mins 6mins 5mins 4mins 3mins 2mins 1min I'M NOT DOING SECONDS! HAPPY APRIL 1st 2013 SERVER!
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (12)
April Fools or not, I hate joke submissions. Complete waste of my time.
LSK
Theme Park is an awful, awful game, so even though this is a joke submission, I think this is the treatment the game deserves.
Editor
I admit that the port has some missing features, but the game itself is quite good.
LSK wrote:
Theme Park is an awful, awful game, so even though this is a joke submission, I think this is the treatment the game deserves.
the DS version? I've never played that version
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
I broke out laughing about this - thanks so much :) :)
Post subject: Re: #3911: henke37's DS Theme Park "0%" in 00:09.41
Banned User, Former player
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Since the Pokemon Yellow run (seems to have) set the precedent, this is actually a completely legit game completion, so it's not even a joke submission.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Warp wrote:
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Since the Pokemon Yellow run (seems to have) set the precedent, this is actually a completely legit game completion, so it's not even a joke submission.
These situations are not even remotely comparable.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Mothrayas has it right. Pokemon Yellow manipulates memory to trick the game into scrolling the credits, while this one does nothing but show the credits roll on the main menu. They couldn't be more different.
CoolKirby wrote:
Mothrayas has it right. Pokemon Yellow manipulates memory to trick the game into scrolling the credits, while this one does nothing but show the credits roll on the main menu. They couldn't be more different.
But the requirement for game completion is not "manipulate memory to trick the game".
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Warp wrote:
CoolKirby wrote:
But the requirement for game completion is not "manipulate memory to trick the game".
The requirement for game completion is to get to an end screen of sorts. This is not an end screen in any way (other than the credits appearing, a common feature of end screens). How exactly you define "end screen" for games like Pokémon Yellow can be subject to debate, but I'm not going to get into that here.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Player (26)
Warp wrote:
Sorry guys. The IOCCC has an award for most creative use of loopholes, but TASvideos does not.
Radiant wrote:
Sorry guys. The IOCCC has an award for most creative use of loopholes, but TASvideos does not.
Say that to the current pokemon yellow submission.
Editor
Warp wrote:
Radiant wrote:
Say that to the current pokemon yellow submission.
At least Yellow did something that Real time can not.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Beep boop must categorize everything and have rigid rules for every situation. Exceptions are not allowed. Human judgement is not to be trusted.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Derakon wrote:
Beep boop must categorize everything and have rigid rules for every situation. Exceptions are not allowed.
That's where you are wrong. Exceptions are very much allowed, as long as they are strictly well-defined, described and categorized, are logical and non-arbitrary, and have a purpose.
I guess I forgot the requisite emoticons to indicate sarcasm. Because that previous post was sarcastic. It was not meant to be taken seriously.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Mothrayas: Rejecting because it fails to beat the game. No matter what Warp might think.
I fully expect the same argument to be used for the pokemon yellow submission.