(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
This text is not supposed to be read, because there is this video which should be watched instead.

Comments

I decided to make a 1.43 instead of a 1.41 or 1.172/2.5 exit version because I actually started this TAS one year ago(?)!

Why this should be accepted

I'm totally sure this will be accepted because it has a valid goal and very optimized strategies. (As you can('t) see) I'm using tricks that aren't even in the Game Resource page of SMW (eg. not 49 hopping or 6/5ing but just pressing the direction is about 1.43 times faster). I should also mention that my input is very entertaining in the loading scenes, which is why I included it in the video. I unfortunately didn't end input as fast as possible, because then the rest of the run wouldn't sync (this game is really hating hex edits), but this shouldn't be a reason to reject this run (that wouldn't make sense at all then).

Possible improvements

Since this is a glitchfest, there are always improvements:
  • Pressing random buttons at loading screens can make them load faster (that is because the controller else has to be latched multiple times in a frame, which slows down the loading process).
  • Ending input faster without desyncing the run.
  • Avoiding too many glitches. That is just decreasing the entertainment value and might affect the speed of this run.

Thanks to

• the people that helped me creating this run.
  • <- these lists which are super neat and handy to use.

Nach: This was a nice run, and is the kind of thing we're looking for at TASVideos. However, TASVideos only accepts runs which complete the game, and this sadly does not. Also, Snes9x 1.4x is no longer accepted. Please however don't get discouraged, and try making a nice full run on a newer emulator, and I'm sure you can get published!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Synahel
She/Her
Former player
This is seriously one of the best things I've ever seen in my life. I'm not even kidding.
Skilled player (1705)
What does 1.43 exits mean? Does it crash Snes9x 1.43 v17? Is it even a real goal?
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
jlun2 wrote:
What does 1.43 exits mean?
It doesn't mean 1 exit. It doesn't mean 2 exits.
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
Active player (420)
I must say, this is quite an amazing run. The way you shelled those clips and blocked those duplications was pretty impressive. However, I notice you are not using the recommended ZSNES 1.51; perhaps you should redo this run on that emulator and resubmit.
YouTube Channel - Twitter Current projects: Sutte Hakkun, Hyper VI, RTDL, own hacking projects
Skilled player (1705)
kaizoman666 wrote:
I must say, this is quite an amazing run. The way you shelled those clips and blocked those duplications was pretty impressive. However, I notice you are not using the recommended ZSNES 1.51; perhaps you should redo this run on that emulator and resubmit.
No. That emulator is not official. Use Dolphin to TAS the VC version of this, which is the OFFICIAL emulator by Nintendo.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Voting no (Insert Charles Ruck run here)
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Amaraticando
It/Its
Editor, Player (157)
Some parts I can't do. Therefore YES vote. . . . . . Since bahamete and TheFinalBoss726 are never going to submit their glitchfest, I think this should be at the site and a TAS with more glitches could obsolete this.
Experienced player (508)
kaizoman666 wrote:
I am glad you finally have realized the errors of your ways. Quality or entertainment doesn't matter. All that matters is strict adherence to the rules. TASVideos has been about having fun with a hobby for a bit too long. It is time to get serious here.
Skilled player (1705)
goofydylan8 wrote:
I am glad you finally have realized the errors of your ways. Quality or entertainment doesn't matter. All that matters is strict adherence to the rules. TASVideos has been about having fun with a hobby for a bit too long. It is time to get serious here.
Exactly! Here at TASVideos we aim to see how far the staff can be pushed. Instead of walking on the paths they've created for us, we create our own paths, our own legs and so on. And we're not listening to people who say "you can't do that!". inb4ban
Patashu
He/Him
This is actually a really entertaining glitchfest. Now if only we could make it last infinitely long somehow... (hint hint)
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Patashu wrote:
This is actually a really entertaining glitchfest.
yeah, it really is do we publish glitchfests? because if so this could actually go up
Patashu
He/Him
I think to be accepted it would have to be a glitch fest that also beats the game (ala the link's adventure glitchfest). SMW is probably the best game you can make a glitchfest video for, due to the endless amount of abuses known in its engine.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
April 1st sub I know, but this rocks the hizzouse, I give it a serious yes
Oh, play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the space cops.
Post subject: Re: #3916: Masterjun's SNES Super Mario World "glitchfest (1.43 exits)" in 03:58.46
Former player
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Pressing random buttons at loading screens can make them load faster (that is because the controller else has to be latched multiple times in a frame, which slows down the loading process).
What.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
psst ShinyDoofy you arent supposed to be here.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Post subject: Re: #3916: Masterjun's SNES Super Mario World "glitchfest (1.43 exits)" in 03:58.46
Amaraticando
It/Its
Editor, Player (157)
ShinyDoofy wrote:
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Pressing random buttons at loading screens can make them load faster (that is because the controller else has to be latched multiple times in a frame, which slows down the loading process).
What.
Pressing select or start first and then pressing A and B later is faster than simply A,B,A,B,... But I heard it's because of Snes9x.
Former player
NitroGenesis wrote:
I am not? :( /Amaraticando: My main focus is on the part of reading the controller's buttons multiple times per frame. That just blew my mind. Well, somebody's trollin'...
NitroGenesis
He/Him
ShinyDoofy wrote:
NitroGenesis wrote:
I am not? :(
aprils fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Former player
Dude, your 1 key is stuck.
Skilled player (1705)
NitroGenesis wrote:
ShinyDoofy wrote:
NitroGenesis wrote:
Squidward, is that you?
NitroGenesis
He/Him
jlun2 wrote:
NitroGenesis wrote:
ShinyDoofy wrote:
NitroGenesis wrote:
Squidward, is that you?
I'm actually Bubble Bass but whatever
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Player (12)
1.43 exits? Does that mean those are Snes9x-exclusive glitches? I'd like an actual explanation otherwise.
Skilled player (1705)
SmashManiac wrote:
1.43 exits? Does that mean those are Snes9x-exclusive glitches? I'd like an actual explanation otherwise.
Masterjun wrote:
jlun2 wrote:
What does 1.43 exits mean?
It doesn't mean 1 exit. It doesn't mean 2 exits.
In other words, it means
Post subject: Re: Bite me.
Moderator, Senior Ambassador, Experienced player (898)
ShinyDoofy wrote:
Dude, your 1 key is stuck.
Err... and apparently so is the shift key. :) A.C. ******
I was laid off in May 2023 and could use support via Patreon or onetime donations as I work on TASBot Re: and TASBot HD. I'm dwangoAC, part of the senior staff of TASVideos as the Senior Ambassador and BDFL of the TASBot community; I post TAS content on YouTube.com/dwangoAC based on livestreams from Twitch.tv/dwangoAC.