Submission Text Full Submission Page
Super Turrican in the hardest mode
Emulator snes9x 1.43 v9 Emulator settings : use wip1 timing, allow left+right, sync samples sound with cpu Start from the beginning Aims for fastest time takes damage to save time
I submit last year my 2nd Tas of this game but it was a "No Damage" But to my mind, the aim of a TAS is to win the game the faster we can so I decided to make a new one. It's an improvement of 237 frames since my last Tas.
Level 1-1: 28 frames wins
near frame 1800, i decided to skip the red item and take it later (at frame 2140), with this trick, i can pass through the wind to reach the other platform and don't have to wait.
level 1-2: 68 frames wins When there is a freefall, the speed in rolling technique or a normal jump is the same, so i managed to save time indfferent part in this level by doing a normal jump near frame 3800; 4125 and 4500, so i can roll until the end of the level
level 1-3: 117 frames wins
Taking damages into the lava is a faster way than waiting for platforms
level 2-3: 24 frames wins
a better boss fight, take one hit when he shots mahes me restart the battle faster than dodging his fire
level 3-1: 1 frame lost
one lag frame and can't do anything against it
level 4-2: 3 frames wins
Some lags i managed to delete on my last tas
Thanks to all the people who enjoy to watch this movie.

Nach: Snes9x 1.4x is deprecated, rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3939: dark_rocco's SNES Super Turrican in 11:15.52
Post subject: Re: #3939: dark_rocco's SNES Super Turrican in 11:15.52
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
dark_rocco wrote:
snes9x 1.43 v9
ಠ_ಠ
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Aside from the choice of emulator (and the lack of available rerecord count), I like this submission. It's not clear that you pick the best places to walk instead of roll, but I imagine it's a tough route-planning choice. The action looked good, and I don't mind seeing the damage in several stages. Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Former player
I know it's an old emulator but i'm a oldgamer too so....:) The problem of no rerecord count is because i use tas-movie-editor-v0-12 and make a lot of copy paste. it's not because of the emulator.
Active player (432)
dark_rocco wrote:
I know it's an old emulator but i'm a oldgamer too so....:)
That does not make sense. If you knew the rules then you can't expect this run to get accepted.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Is this one of those situations where a little tweaking will make a movie that syncs with lsnes?
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Former player
the last tas was accepted !
Skilled player (1670)
I really can't believe you're keeping the worst part of my TAS, the massive mine-spamming in the beginning... :( Anyway I am sitting on an even faster TAS than this but I intend to redo it using Bizhawk so it's gonna take a long time before that happens. It's a bit sad on the emulator choice here. That being said this is an improvement and I think it should be published.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Former player
you know, i'm not a very good taser and i don't know how to use all the tools i can. (not enough time for that, between my work, my baby...my wife :) ) i'm so glad i 've just beat one tas, but i think you 're right, a good taser can beat my tas easily.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Judges don't read threads, cool.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
Has it been tested whether the TAS works on lsnes or BizHawk?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Mothrayas wrote:
Has it been tested whether the TAS works on lsnes or BizHawk?
I watched it in BizHawk and let me tell you, it will win the award for "best slow suicide in super turrican 2013" in other words, it doesn't work.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.