Submission Text Full Submission Page
Obsolete. Check my new and optimized TAS.
Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Hello PikaBlurTAS, and welcome to TASVideos. Unfortunately, I will have to reject this movie. The run appears to be suboptimal in many places, including character choice. Additionally, the TAS was not liked by the audience, because the run lacks entertainment value and does not look much different from real-time play.
Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
I'll wait for an encode to vote, but fighting game TASes that aim for fastest time are generally VERY boring.
Previous Name: boct1584
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
boct1584 wrote:
I'll wait for an encode to vote, but fighting game TASes that aim for fastest time are generally VERY boring.
I agree fighting games are most likely to be boring unless you made it similar to how Cooljay is making his Tekken 3 tas. Thanks RGamma for the encode. Now lets see... You use Law instead of King, so I'm going to question WHY? The characters (various) on the ground with minimal health you didn't attack, WHY? Lei blocked an attack. You're going for fastest time and let me tell you, it can be improved much greater than having times at 32-34. Question to Tekken players (specifically 2) Isn't there the double tap running boost in this one, if so why didn't you use flying kick? Also another question, You can run over people in this version too right? Meh Vote. This vote will change to a NO, if the two questions can be answered in what I thought or I will reconsider changing to NO if you can give the exact fact for not attacking the characters on the ground.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Quick encode: Link to video
All syllogisms have three parts, therefore this is not a syllogism.
Spikestuff wrote:
Meh Vote. This vote will change to a NO, if the two questions can be answered in what I thought or I will reconsider changing to NO if you can give the exact fact for not attacking the characters on the ground.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3I9xrNF9c You absolutely can hit characters on the ground. Only the most basic two hit combos are used and there are also a bunch of sloppy missed attacks, and attacks really don't look at all like they're being done as soon as possible so it's definitely nowhere near as fast as it could be, and it can't really function as a playaround either.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Tangent wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3I9xrNF9c You absolutely can hit characters on the ground. Only the most basic two hit combos are used and there are also a bunch of sloppy missed attacks, so it's definitely nowhere near as fast as it could be, and it can't really function as a playaround either.
Thanks for the clarification on that, I wish I owned the first and second one so I can see what was added before the third but this works too. Law is not the #1 choice and well what Myself and Tangent have written would change my Meh to a No, so it's now a No vote... Request, someone please change my Meh to a No, thanks.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Active player (276)
Yoshimitsu looks down on you in dissapoint. No vote for lack of variety and bad character choice.
Banned User, Former player
I actually voted yes. I found this a lot more entertaining than I was expecting. (If this had been like 15 minutes long, it would have been a completely different matter. However, at 3.5 minutes it's sweet and short and didn't get boring.) Is this the fastest possible completion (given that that's the goal of the run)? Probably not. Could it have used a bit more of variety, even if it costs a few seconds more? Probably. However, I still thought it was quite entertaining enough. I have most certainly seen published movies that were way, way more boring than this. (I really think that this is not getting appreciation because of preconceptions like "aiming for speed in fighting games is boring".) Seems like I'm the only yes vote. Well, at least I enjoyed it.
I agree that it was pretty reasonable to watch, being so short. There is really not much here to see, and the points made about speed cannot be ignored. And it is a bit sloppy-looking in parts, several of the flipkicks do not land and it is left apparently as an exercise for the viewer to figure out why they were thrown at all. So it's demonstrably suboptimal, has no exhibition of any "neat tricks," and the best thing that can be said is that its duration is mercifully short. I think my vote is clear.
I grew up playing loads of Tekken, and IMO this is not as entertaining as watching a skilled playthrough in real time, so voting no. For a game such as this, I'd really prefer to see creativity take priority over practicality. In general, watching a fighting game get beaten with superhuman speed isn't nearly as interesting to me as watching it done with extreme (yet classy) exhibitionism.
Oh, play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the space cops.
Hm... it was short enough to be bearable, but it just didn't feel... super-human enough. It strikes me as more something I'd find on SDA
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Good try, Diego Montoya. However, if this is trying to be a speedrun, I'm pretty sure it could be quite a bit faster (for instance, by knocking down opponents less often). If it's trying to be a playaround, it doesn't have enough variety.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
@Spikestuff Question 1 reply.;Yes, wastes more times and I lose frames by approx 3 more. :/ Question 2 reply.; I can't pick king because it lacks at slower times than Law's. Question 3 reply.; I don't know :|
Spikestuff
They/Them
Diego Montoya wrote:
@Spikestuff Question 1 reply.;Yes, wastes more times and I lose frames by approx 3 more. :/ Question 2 reply.; I can't pick king because it lacks at slower times than Law's. Question 3 reply.; I don't know :|
#1 It's called going LEFT they're the same distance apart. (Unless it's a PAL only thing, then I got nothing) #2 King is a Powerhouse #3 ... that's very helpful isn't it >.<
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Active player (292)
Warp wrote:
Is this the fastest possible completion (given that that's the goal of the run)?
not even close, this game has 1 hit kill moves. Manipulating the opponent to get hit by them in hard mode wouldn't be trivial, but I'm sure it could be done. edit: yeah I tested it out, a 39 shouldn't be that hard even in hard mode
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom
Spikestuff
They/Them
errror1 wrote:
edit: yeah I tested it out, a 39 shouldn't be that hard even in hard mode
Well, errror go destroy this game more... also question which character did you use?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
skychase
He/Him
It may sound crazy but a Tekken 1/2/3 using King, Jack or Yoshimitsu would be awesome. Same inputs, similar moves, different opponents.
Spikestuff
They/Them
skychase wrote:
It may sound crazy but a Tekken 1/2/3 using King, Jack or Yoshimitsu would be awesome. Same inputs, similar moves, different opponents.
Like I stated before: Yoshimitsu is best for entertainment for 1 and 2, Mokujin is for 3 King for Powerhouse in all 3 (speed rather than entertainment.) P-Jack (and Jack-2)... well that's interesting to bring up because I always thought of Paul being the other instead of King. Also a Playround of Tekken 3 would be awesome to watch.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
skychase
He/Him
Is it possible to run three games on psxjin at the same time ?
Spikestuff
They/Them
skychase wrote:
Is it possible to run three games on psxjin at the same time ?
Do you have screen caps of the characters positions (without unlockable characters) Because I don't know where they are on Tekken 1 and 2
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
skychase
He/Him
Spikestuff
They/Them
skychase wrote:
That's all characters... but obviously you cut off bottom half. also fix the images and make it img=320x240 edit2: thanks edit 1: Now if it was an exact sync (so all up to character screen) at the same time it's best to go right 5 times as you get 3 different characters.... (Eddy, King, Jack) However if you went LEFT 3 times you get 2 kings and a Jack. edit 3: Here's the correct image
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Active player (292)
Spikestuff wrote:
errror1 wrote:
edit: yeah I tested it out, a 39 shouldn't be that hard even in hard mode
Well, errror go destroy this game more... also question which character did you use?
yoshi, he has two moves that will 1 hit kill on counter hit, otherwise it puts them one light attack from death. It requires a lot of enemy manipulation, but isn't that hard.
Spikestuff wrote:
Now if it was an exact sync (so all up to character screen) at the same time it's best to go right 5 times as you get 3 different characters.... (Eddy, King, Jack) However if you went LEFT 3 times you get 2 kings and a Jack.
I'm late but anyway, since load time are most likely different in all 3 game, you can probably start moving your cursor before the other game allow input, thus allowing you to position your cursor before making em all move to pick whatever 3 character you want. So you could probably pick any 3 character you want.