Submission Text Full Submission Page
Monster in my pocket (1 player + NO DAMAGE). First of all this TAS was created for passing of 1 player and no damage. And only then on speedrun.
Rus: Уже имеется TAS этой игры. Не имеет смысла делать еще один обычный пробег, поэтому я сделал tas за 1 игрока и без получения повреждений, чтобы как то усложнить и разнообразить прохождение.
Об игре: Персонаж может повторно бить только спустя 22 кадра (включая первый и последний), что кажется очень медленным на боссах. Сначала я думал, что боссы получают повреждения только тогда, когда издают звук (щелчок) после удара (22-27 кадров), что казалось еще более медленным. Но пересмотрев TAS этой игры у x2poet и dragonxyk, я понял, что ошибся. Так же я узнал, что если после удара развернуться назад и сразу обратно, то повторно можно будет ударить уже на 14 кадре (включая первый и последний), что значительно помогло мне сэкономить время.
О монстрах: Персонаж не может бежать и бить одновременно, поэтому монстров убиваем в прыжке.
Уровни: 3-1 Второй раз покатились шары: пришлось остановиться после первого шара. чтобы появилось место для моего прыжка между первым и вторым шаром. Все три шара перепрыгнуть не возможно. 3-2 Использую баг в игре с платформой на воде, пригая не с нее, а с воздуха на землю, чему следует меньшая затрата кадров. 6 Динозавров приходится убивать, т к их обойти невозможно.
О боссах: Боссов убиваем максимально быстро и выгодно. На 5 и 6 уровнях использовал манипуляцию удачей с боссами. (manipulation luck).
Старался делать красивые финты, чтобы зрителю понравилось и не было скучно при просмотре.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: This run isn't eligible for the Vault, and has mediocre viewer feedback. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Editor
Requesting translation.
henke37 wrote:
Requesting translation.
Courtesy of Google Translate:
Already a TAS of this game. It makes no sense to make only one more run, so I started doing tas for 1 player and without injury, that as that complicate and diversify passage. On the game: The character can beat again only after 22 frames (including the first and last), it seems very slow on bosses. At first I thought that the bosses are damaged only when the beep sound (click) after impact (22-27 frames), which seemed even slower. But revising the TAS of this game and have x2poet dragonxyk, I realized that I was wrong. I also learned that if you turn around after hitting the back and right back, then again you can already hit 14 on the frame (including the first and last), which greatly helped me to save time. About Monsters: A character can not run and beat, so we kill all the monsters in the jump. At 5 boss used manipulation success (manipulation luck). I tried to make nice to the audience was not bored while watching. I hope you enjoy it.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
For reference, here's the published two-player TAS of this game by x2poet and dragonxyk: [1192] NES Monster in My Pocket "2 players" by X2poet & dragonxyk in 14:14.97
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Link to video Автору: По текущим правилам, если пробег не понравится зрителям, но является хорошо записанным, он может быть опубликован только если не используются временные поблажки типа "пацифист" или "ноу дамаг" - то есть только если это чистый рекорд по времени (any% или 100%). Так что если данный сабмишен будет воспринят без энтузиазма, придется добавить получение урона и всяческих смертей, если надо, чтобы не было временных поблажек. Тогда опубликуют.
Explained the tier rules for such goals.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Not bad. I was worried this was going to be boring, but it's interesting to see how many enemies you have to dodge. I'm not sure the best choices were made to remove lag, but it seems ok for a first attempt. I'm concerned about the boss fights though. * The first boss stays out of your reach a good while. Can you manipulate him to jump lower? (Your refight with him is much better.) * The third boss takes much longer without taking damage. It seems you lose valuable time by jumping to the right away from the tentacles. Could you instead jump over his head and start attacking the other side? Maybe you could finish him in two phases instead of three. * For the fifth boss, she gets away with one hit left in the first round. Could you wait for her to come on screen more before attacking so that it takes her longer for her to leave the screen? Maybe that will finish the fight in one round.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
mklip2001 wrote:
* The first boss stays out of your reach a good while. Can you manipulate him to jump lower? (Your refight with him is much better.)
I could beat him in air, but for this purpose it is necessary to jump. There will be more expense of frames (a jump + punch). Therefore I do the last blow on the earth, the boss falls on it. Besides if I beat it in air, it will fall to the ground and only then will die. In refight I already am near it and I start beating with 1 frames of emergence. In the first fight at first it is necessary to reach him.
mklip2001 wrote:
* The third boss takes much longer without taking damage. It seems you lose valuable time by jumping to the right away from the tentacles. Could you instead jump over his head and start attacking the other side? Maybe you could finish him in two phases instead of three.
Not absolutely I understand in 2 phases :) I so beat it in 2 phases, but not in 3. Though it is possible to make it in 1 phase if take damage.
mklip2001 wrote:
* For the fifth boss, she gets away with one hit left in the first round. Could you wait for her to come on screen more before attacking so that it takes her longer for her to leave the screen? Maybe that will finish the fight in one round.
I don't see sense to wait for her, I start beating with 1 frame of emergence. Yes, I won against it 1 round, but it was necessary to accept damage deliberately. p.s Sorry for my bad English.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
This is better English than you have had before, so you're fine :-) I don't think you answered my question with boss 5, though. I was thinking: if you wait for her to come on the screen more, does she take longer to leave after damage? If that is true, then does the extra time to leave enable you to defeat her in one round without damage?
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
mklip2001 wrote:
This is better English than you have had before, so you're fine :-)
haha, thanks :)
mklip2001 wrote:
I don't think you answered my question with boss 5, though. I was thinking: if you wait for her to come on the screen more, does she take longer to leave after damage? If that is true, then does the extra time to leave enable you to defeat her in one round without damage?
I at first didn't understand a question. No, it isn't right. Boss appears and leaves at the same time. Punches don't influence its movement. I forced she to fly to the left, but I again didn't have punch and she flies quickly, therefore couldn't catch up with she. Without sense more frames will be spent.
I'm curious if a no no-damage, but still 1 player run would be acceptable for this game.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
feos wrote:
I'm curious if a no no-damage, but still 1 player run would be acceptable for this game.
Do you mean as with chip and dale 2?
Yes. There both branches deserved Moons and were perfectly publishable. While this game isn't received as good.
But still there is no final decision, vote only 5. But I any more have no hope of good vote
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
I'll throw a weak Yes vote, since I liked the game back in childhood. Although, yeah, it's not very suitable for TASing. But, fiskerN, did you try to beat current 2P record?
feos wrote:
Only if it's faster than 2P run, so it can obsolete it in Vault.
AnS wrote:
I'll throw a weak Yes vote, since I liked the game back in childhood. Although, yeah, it's not very suitable for TASing. But, fiskerN, did you try to beat current 2P record?
No, because already is available 2P record. Though I did 1-st level for 2P, but then I saw TAS 2P and changed structure.
AnS wrote:
Only if it's faster than 2P run, so it can obsolete it in Vault.
1P can't be quicker than 2P
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom