Oh God, why did I do this?
In the game Bishi Bashi Special there is another mode... Time Trial.
Time trial uses the more button mashing events as the levels... and that car level removing majority of skill and precision.
These levels never change.

Boring Stuff:

• Emulator used: PSXjin v2.0.2 svn0
  • Japanese Bios
  • Hardest Difficulty
  • Completed with Maximum Score
  • Goes for in-game time

Things I quickly learned from the last tas.

• RNGing the levels is just pointless
  • The Car level needed to be optimized

RNG Pointless?

This game surprisingly enough has RNG for the level you go in. This actually wastes time and overall can make it the same length of time as just ramming straight into it.

Car Level Changes.

Being Hard difficulty the controls are still pretty dumb. If different difficulty was used there will be less screeching and a faster time. Compared to my last tas I improved the time quite a lot after several attempts. (Went through what buttons I pressed)

Why do this again?

Different branch. Okay I lied, the real reason is I saw a European tas complete time trail in [dead link removed] (101.34 in-game time) on Normal Difficulty.
There is also another tas which also does normal difficulty 5:10 (in-game time of 92.38) under the Japanese version.
Now that's tas time... my time is slower due to switching to hard mode. I was going for in-game time. The European tas got a time of 101.34secs, I got 90.69secs with no differences on what level we both received (besides the car one because controls change in each difficulty)

Levels (in order) (Note: This is the English translation version)

\Shark Jumper - 1.30
Blaster Soda Race - 4.76
Spaceship in Warp Phase - 9.15
Building Climber - 3.74
\Facial Slot Machine - 0.83
Race or Fall - 30.15
\Burst The Balloon - 1.40
\Totem Shrinker - 0.74
Jump for the Meat - 4.67
Mega Speed Race - 33.43
\Now I know my ABCs - 0.52
\ = RNG can be used to change the level (pointless)

Anything that needs to be improved?

I got nothing.
Screenshot Suggestion: 14469 or 5721

If you vote no please explain why, I just don't want to sit there and go "The hell?"

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Accepting for the Vault.
feos: Prcssng...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Player (228)
What do you mean by saying the level RNG is pointless? Does the game only randomize the order in which you encounter the levels, or something like that? Also, I thought the video was entertaining. Watching the levels which required pressing buttons in the correct order end nigh-instantly was funny, and the more complex levels were interesting as well, especially when comparing your time to the "qualify" time on the more timing-based levels.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
BrotherMojo wrote:
What do you mean by saying the level RNG is pointless? Does the game only randomize the order in which you encounter the levels, or something like that? Also, I thought the video was entertaining. Watching the levels which required pressing buttons in the correct order end nigh-instantly was funny, and the more complex levels were interesting as well, especially when comparing your time to the "qualify" time on the more timing-based levels.
When loading up a level you have the ability to loose frames to get the best possible outcome of that level. I have checked between my "Maximum Score" run with different loadings (Now this only happened recently). There was a result. (This was based on the same level) When the level was loaded up with the best RNG it had a very fast time, however I had to wait a couple of frames... I reloaded the level and went straight in, the time was worse but the level was one frame faster to the RNG one. (It was counted from Black, Game name, How to, Gameplay, Black)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
This game is awesome if you play it with a friend. I'd be lucky to get half the times on any of these in real life.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
First time is this run, second time is from full run.
Shark Jumper            1.30  -
Blaster Soda Race       4.76  4.85
Spaceship in Warp Phase 9.15  9.21
Building Climber        3.74  4.89
Facial Slot Machine     0.83  -
Race or Fall            30.15 31.05
Burst The Balloon       1.40  1.29
Totem Shrinker          0.74  0.67
Jump for the Meat       4.67  5.32
Mega Speed Race         33.43 33.07
Now I know my ABCs      0.52  -
(I couldn't find some minigames in the full run.) I don't know why some times are smaller in the full run rather than this run.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Should point out Mega Speed Race's sizes actually changes in length, same for the balloon. Totem Shrinker was the level I was meant to say was 1 frame faster compared to the last run. Edit 1:
Shark Jumper            1.30  1.30
Facial Slot Machine     0.83  0.36
Now I know my ABCs      0.52  0.56
Facial Slot Machine [Extra info] The full run's time goes to 17.5 This run goes to 17.0 Faces positioning >.> Edit 2: All up that would've been 92.57 seconds.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
This run feels like a shorter version of the full run, without conclusively being superior to it. If this is the fastest possible completion of the game (hardest difficulty and in-game time considered), then I think it can go into Vault. I vote no.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2390] PSX Bishi Bashi Special "Time Trial, maximum score" by Spikestuff in 05:13.50