Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Recorded with FCEU
  • Luck manipulation
  • Fastest time to get the CPU player bankrupt
I decided to try this after watching the previous submission #426: lordofvt's NES Monopoly in 01:37.98, to see how much I could improve it.
I took a similar but shorter route (5 turns, all planned), and manipulated the rolls with well timed waits (no pausing). Recording stops right before the CPU's last turn where no input is needed.

Bisqwit: Rejecting this submission in favor of its successor by different author :)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #427: Acmlm's NES Monopoly in 01:10.12
Editor, Active player (296)
(regarding edits of the submission text): Tip - read the Text formatting rules. :)
Former player
I don't know why, but I really like this idea. One thing - would it save time to have the computer hit income tax on his first roll?
I beleive the computer will take the 10% option if it hits income tax first turn; I'm not sure if $150 will be enough to shorten the game.
Former player
I'd like to see an outline of the strategy used...I'm not sure I understand why the computer went to jail...or did you go to jail?
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Experienced player (527)
- I go first to save half a turn - I take the fastest way to New York Avenue - CPU buys the most expensive thing nearby (income tax might work too, but wouldn't help that much if even) - I go straight to jail so I can go back to the orange section (need 2 rounds to buy it all) - CPU spends some more while going slowly - I get out of jail and buy St. James Place - CPU spends some more while going slowly (again) - I buy Tennessee Avenue to complete the set (so I can buy houses) - Since it's my turn again, I do whatever's the shortest (Chance) - Then I spend all my money on houses - Now that it's time for it, the CPU lands on my houses and pays a lot - Again, I do the shortest possible turn since I have nothing left to do - But with the money I just got, I buy more houses (otherwise the CPU would mortgage to be able to pay and get out) - The CPU lands on the houses again and goes bankrupt (I win) The strategy is pretty simple, I try to get houses as fast as possible (works best with orange) and make sure the CPU lands on them with not enough money left. With a better Chance card (the one I got gave $50, I needed $10 more), I'd have enough money to buy all the houses in one turn and save 8 seconds, but that can't be changed once the game is started ...
With a better Chance card (the one I got gave $50, I needed $10 more), I'd have enough money to buy all the houses in one turn and save 8 seconds, but that can't be changed once the game is started ...
Would it not be better then to maybe keep retrying this until you land on a chance and get MORE then $50.. I mean it might take a lot of retries and restarts, but still... a 1m2s run would be even more impressive. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.