It is my first TAS ..
I have use a glitch at AREA 8.this save about 3s.
the glitch was coused by screen scrolling.
use death to save time.

feos: Accepting for Moons as a side branch.
This movie got a very good feedback, only Yes votes and support in forum posts. It is still not perfect, the author was not aware of some most effective strats, but the glitch he introduces in the last level approximately makes up for all the losses from sub-optimality, saving a good amount of time over them. My reasoning to accept this submission because of that was not disproved, and so, I'm accepting it now.
Airwe, in order to improve this movie, create a thread for a single player Super C runs in Games forum (or use the existing one) and investigate all the existing movies of it, as well as all the suggestions posted in this submission discussion. Compare the strats and co-operate with others, I hope the improved version will follow.
Processing for publication...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3982: Airwe's NES Super C "1 player" in 12:29.63
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
I liked it, it is also faster than the latest 1P Super C movie: [105] NES Super C "1 player" by Genisto in 12:39.42 Doing a fast encode. One question: jumps don't seem to slow you down in this game, while they cost 1 frame in the original one, right? EDIT: The trick in the last level is amazing, can it also be applied to the 2P branch?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
See now that I see the word "glitch" in the title I have a feeling something like Kirby would happen. I hope not. Vote: Yes.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Not bad at all. Very smooth 1P playthrough of Super C, and the glitch in Stage 8 was really cool. Yes vote.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Also worth noting that it is faster than this submission
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
So I watched this movie and am very impressed! Optimization is very high quality, including good spread gun optimization (which is often hard to understand and very difficult to optimize). The glitch in level 8 was very surprising. It would be a lot harder to pull off in 2p mode but may be possible to save time on the published movie. Also, this movie does a great job of being as entertaining as possible. For instance, stage 4 showing off the glitch of falling through the elevator just to show it off, and also playing around with enemies without causing lag (a hard balance to achieve in that level). Getting different weapons in level 8 just to show them off, since he will be dying later in the level anyway, he could do this without costing time. I'm not usually too fond of slower 1p movies, but this TAS made me a believer. Big yes vote.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Skilled player (1149)
I haven't voted yet. I found something trick you didn't use in your this submission. You can watch these in Soig's pacifist run. #3762: Soig's NES Super C "pacifist" in 13:00.20 There is a glitch in area1's boss fight. He beat boss 49 frames faster than yours. In area2, you can beat only 1 tank in the middle of tunnel. But I'm not sure it can be helped to save frames. In the middle boss of area3, you shouldn't shoot him at the first time. Watch the RAM address, and you will understand it. I haven't watched other areas carefully. But you can go on compare yours and others to improve. Airwe, can you willing to improve your amazing tas? At that time, I will vote Yes.
Former player
I think so ... this movie I first recoded just for funny. and that glitch I had come up many years before . This movie I have done is not very well. a lot of frame lost and auto shot uesd .careless. I think I can done this better,but I need some time..
Former player
I see sub optimal play for a tas that is aiming for speed. 1: Stage 1 boss 4th turret glitch not used 2: Shooting the ground turrets in stage 3 loses one frame each shot using this method 3: Stage 6 boss was not fought optimally, You can get every bullet to deal damage (no bullets waited) 4: Edge jumping not used after slime in stage 7 5: Stage 8 glitch does not seem to save any time but rather waist time. You need to go further to the left than normal and you die twice along with no F gun for the final boss. 6: Many wasted shots during many stages and bosses before they are able to receive damage. For a tas going for entertainment, you did a great job. This was awesome. Yes vote.
feos wrote:
One question: jumps don't seem to slow you down in this game, while they cost 1 frame in the original one, right?
The frame loss is only in Contra. Edit: Oh wow, I watched it more closly and realized that yes, this does save time. It does not really look like it at first due to the deaths, but it comes after that as there are only 2 sets of pits to jump over rather than the usual 5 sets. I wonder how this works exactly...
Former player
A very good job! The glitch makes Area 8 a little short. Yes vote.
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1469)
I have waited for a very long time in this site. And this one is my favorate game's movie. I like your movie. And I saw the glitch in movie. It's awesome... But I have some question want to ask you. This glich may save some time. But if you die there, boss fighting will be slower. Also, why you uesd second death?
Former player
The boss fight is slower, but it still saves about 3 seconds in real time, so I would say that it saves a bit more in a tas.
Can anyone estimate whether the saving coming from the scrolling glitch makes up for the losses in suboptimal places Heidman mentioned? I think it would be critical, since we still could accept a run that can be improved, but introduces a time saver bigger than the possible improvements.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Former player
I was being really nit picky, like max 10 frames for everything excluding the stage 1 boss, so no more than 2 seconds were wasted. But that is coming from just what I see. I did no do any testing. I would recommend that a speed/entertainment trade was made as almost everything I mentioned falls into that more or less.
I see. Misoptimization shall not be considered a trade-off however, it is still misoptimization. But yes, I'm voicing my will to accept this submission and wait for someone who can implement the improvements. Ideally, it would be the author himself, and everything must be discussed in an appropriate thread in Games forum. It is a great start already, let it grow to a serious level.
Former player
Already working on a real time speedrun improvement... Does that count?
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2401] NES Super C "1 player" by Airwe in 12:29.63