Submission Text Full Submission Page

Super Contra 7 TAS "Pacifist" in 0:04:57:74 by McBobX

Goals

• Aims for fastest time possible
  • Use death to save time
  • Pacifist version
  • Luck Manipulation

Comments

• This is a quick pacifist run of Super Contra 7 and it's just 21 sec slower than the current run by Marx
  • Using the Up+Down/Left+Right option and "B"(Barrier),I can do the invincibilty trick for a long time and thats makes the run easy for making

feos: This run's goal is unvaultable, but the viewer response was quite negative, so it won't go to Moons either. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3992: McBobX's NES Super Contra 7 "Pacifist" in 04:57.74
Post subject: Internet Connection
Experienced player (543)
Hi everyone I sometimes use internet, so I can't connect to TASVideos as always and disscus movies. Don't wait for messages.Thanks
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
Experienced player (508)
Voted no. Doesn't add anything to the any% run by Marx in my opinion and we already have two pacifist Contra runs published so it also lacks being a new concept which would make it interesting from that perspective.
Post subject: super contra 7 pacifist: YouTube
Former player
"I can do the invincibilty trick for a long time and thats makes the run easy for making " Easily made yes, but it takes all the fun of a pacifist run. Voting no because the barriers made this really boring. Side note: What caused some of the Pillars to die? Such as 1:58 in the YT link.
Active player (372)
While I love pacifist runs, using Barrier to just pass through enemies removes most of what makes this type of run so interesting. Make one without using barrier and I'll vote yes (though looking at some of the comments, others still might not).
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!