• Recorded with FCEU
  • Luck manipulation
  • Fastest time to get the CPU bankrupt
Yet another improvement of this speed run (from #431), this time using ziplock's ideas for the second half and even better luck manipulation.
There's a 1 second wait after I buy houses, to get the CPU to roll 6+6 then 4 ... it looks somewhat bad and I tried to get it shorter, but that was only the second working attempt after about 800 tries, so I took it.

Bisqwit: Publishing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #433: Acmlm's NES Monopoly in 00:35.17
Holy Crap!!! THAT'S INSANE! But... the one thing that bugs me is letting the movie end where it does... because I dunno... seems.. cheap...? But I know it follows the guidelines properly so it's more a wha...? then a complaint... because HOW CAN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS! 35 FREAKING SECONDS! [Wonders if he should open this up as a "Fastest Bankruptcy of the PC" variation at TG] You know... I wish there was a way it wouldn't take so long to have the max players and you STILL Bankrupt them all before they go around the board. Now that'd be too awesome! But this..? Hall Of Fame! Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Editor, Active player (296)
That's quite a high rerecord density in this movie.
Experienced player (527)
After my first successful attempt at manipulating the CPU's last turn, I only had about 600 re-records ... the rest was all because I tried about 800 different timings to get a shorter wait. The CPU actually goes bankrupt at 53 seconds, which is still shorter than the previous submission (bankrupt at 1:01), and no player input between the movie's end and the bankrupt can stop it from happening.
Player (70)
WOHAA!!! This is madness! And I LOVE it. :) Damn nice indeed. Haha.. Can we see YET an improvement on this movie? Would be soo awesome. But for now I have a hard time closing my mouth. If possible it would be cool to see max players get bankrupted. But that woulden't be as impressive perhaps. Would pretty much be the same thing but with more turns right? Nah.. Give even more energy to improve what you already have. Already clicked the YES vote here so. Hey Bisqwit. Encode this beauty instantly before he menages to break the record again. ;)
Highness wrote:
Hey Bisqwit. Encode this beauty instantly before he menages to break the record again. ;)
I think that Bisqwit might wait a few weeks first, so he doesn't waste his time encoding it, only for a better time to pop up the instant he puts up the encode... even if it IS small. I mean I'd LOVE to see this encoded personally.. but with how often it gets trashed... we have to all consider HIS free time to do things, and I can live with that. :) Not trying to denounce the deserved Glory or Respect this demands, but I'd rather wait to see if this is all she wrote, or if we're going to see it drop another 2-3 seconds. :) [Which as we all have learned... it's VERY possible. [Cough cough Kid Chameleon, SMB1 Cough cough]] Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Former player
I knew it'd go lower - good job ;)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [241] NES Monopoly by Acmlm in 00:35.17
wow!!!! only 35 seconds, this HAS to be the fastest time attack I will EVER see for any game!!!
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Former player
Editor, Active player (428)
I created a new encode and uploaded it to archive as a part of the new encoding project. Movie: http://tasvideos.org/241M.html Archive Link: http://www.archive.org/download/monopoly-tas-acmlm/monopoly-tas-acmlm.mkv