Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is my best Fisher Price Firehouse Rescue Speedrun I ever made myself.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.1.6
  • TAS Editor Used
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Genre: Learning Game/Puzzle

Stage by stage comments

Level 1

Simple game, each of the 4 mazes have only one house with no time limit.

Level 2

Has 3 Multi-Screen mazes, each of the maze in this level has 2 houses.

Level 3

Adds a 50 second timer in Level 2.

Level 4

Similar to Levels 2 and 3, has a key around the maze to get to the house.
That's all!

feos: There was an old (2005) rule that excused publishing 1-level movies due to the former precedent. Now such movies are just strongly disliked by the audience, which means they can not be accepted to Alternative, and are not eligible for Vault either. This submission neither completes the game, nor was liked, nor is vaultable. Rejecting.
Now, to prevent any ambiguity, that rule was removed from MovieRules, because it doesn't make sense anymore. The runs that don't complete games are not acceptable. And no, it was not a post factum measure to justify this particular decision. The decision about this submission was stated independently in the previous paragraph.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
This was not entertaining, so I voted No. However, there are other reasons this should not be published. First of all, this is incomplete since it only plays the first level. While this is more entertaining, precedent says that we should have runs of complete games (most of the time). Also, even in this first level, it's less technically precise than goofydylan8's run. There are two issues I notice: (1) In the last house, the people are not manipulated to be in the quickest order. (2) The people should climb down the ladder when it's as far to the left as possible, to reduce walking time. Most of the time, they climb down when the ladder is to the right, not to the left.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
We already have a run of this game. [2306] NES Fisher-Price: Firehouse Rescue by goofydylan8 in 10:59.13 No vote.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Experienced player (508)
Whew. I thought my, by far, least entertaining run was about to be obsolete. But as others have said this is not optimal and thus will have to be rejected. On a sidenote I seriously doubt there is an improvement for my run. This game is extremely simplistic.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Goofy exists. This doesn't compare to his (worse). ONE LEVEL. WIP!? THIS EXISTS FOR A REASON
goofydylan8 wrote:
This game is extremely simplistic.
Oh Fisher-Price games why you so easy?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (508)
Spikestuff wrote:
goofydylan8 wrote:
This game is extremely simplistic.
Oh Fisher-Price games why you so easy?
Seriously pre-schoolers. Get your stuff together.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!