Submission Text Full Submission Page
Link once again saved Hyrule. Almost saved it, Ganon isn't death.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: lsnes-rr1-delta17
  • Heavy glitch abuse

Comments

This is an improvement of 1 and an half minutes over the published run.
First Tompa created some 2:19.68 run, which I improved by adding a damage boost and a different strat going to Ganons room.

Tricks

Faster running
By alternating between left and left+right or up and up+down, Link walks faster.
Narrow passage boosting
In narrow passages Link can walk very fast.
Moon-jumping
This works because the game thinks Link is on a different floor than expected.
Screen-scroll glitch
By pressing left+right when entering a door Link will appear on the other side.

Thanks to

Tompa for making a run. Yuzuhara for finding a lot of tricks.

feos: Judging...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Why Japanese?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
feos wrote:
Why Japanese?
Faster Text, I guess. And everyone TASed the Japanese version.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Editor, Skilled player (1403)
The new glitches caught me by surprise. Amazingly quick completion of the game, yes vote.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
What the hell was that?! Yes vote.
Experienced player (646)
I don't understand what is going on, but I liked the run, so voting yes.
oh wow, it looks so easy to complete the game now. Yes vote
"No love for the game gear"
"PSYCH!" (heads left). Yes vote
Former player
maybe someday we will have the ending screen just after entering the character name. I was wtf watching so yes vote
My favorite part about LTTP runs is that when an improvement is made, it's usually something completely bonkers that's new. This did not disappoint.
Player (70)
Haha! What can I say? That was crazy and cool at the same time. Here's another yes-vote.
Active player (432)
Absolutely sick and great run. Easy yes vote.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Active player (306)
Oh s***... At least the game didn't suffer for too long. Yes vote.
No wait, I blinked WHAT HAPPENED? Yes vote
Patashu
He/Him
I thought I would be prepared because I had already watched Kryssstal grind attempts with the new sub 2 minute glitched route. I was wrong. I was not ready at all. Is this route TAS only? Yes vote
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
Well, that didn't make much sense. Yes vote.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Tub
I'm hoping for an in-depth explanation of the new tricks. Meanwhile, here's a yes vote.
m00
So Hyrule is on the Moon?
AzumaK wrote: I swear my 1 year old daughter's favorite TASVideo is your R4MI run :3 xxNKxx wrote: ok thanks handsome feos :D Help improving TASVideos!
If Link wants to save the day badly enough to jump over a castle wall from a riverbank than this run deserves a yes vote. Great Job TASeditor.
My user name is rather long, feel free to call me by htwt or tape.
Uh, what?! Link you just full of surprises... Yes vote.
Working on a mod of an old favorite in my spare time. PM for updates!
Skilled player (1705)
TASeditor wrote:
Faster Text, I guess. And everyone TASed the Japanese version.
So....you aren't really certain if it does have an advantage? Like differences in RNG due to text?
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I'll echo the crowd by asking: What in the heck happened? How in the world did Link manage to jump so much? This game doesn't even have a Roc's Feather or Cape. Incredibly amusing new route, and I'm looking forward to seeing the ALttP tricks page updated.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Say what?! That was so... wtf?! I enjoyed it for the sheer bafflement... but would love to know more on how it's achieved. Yes vote for it being entertaining! Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Zavalix wrote:
No wait, I blinked WHAT HAPPENED? Yes vote
That must have been one long blink.............................................................. yes vote.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Lol, Spikestuff. Great improvement, TASeditor. I love the new glitches! I'd be interested to know how they work, if you wouldn't mind detailing that in the submission text. Yes vote for sure!