Submission Text Full Submission Page

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4055: turgish's GBA Super Mario Advance "princess only" in 11:37.87
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Run uses warps too. Meh. Yes for Vault. GBA Port is the reason for Meh look at SMW.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Thanks for reminding, Spikestuff!
Skilled player (1706)
Spikestuff wrote:
Run uses warps too. Meh. Yes for Vault. GBA Port is the reason for Meh look at SMW.
Er....the vault is for any% and 100% only though...
This run was alright to watch, but it wasn't spectacular. I think I'd prefer a Super Mario Bros. 2 run over a Super Mario Advance run. Meh vote.
My user name is rather long, feel free to call me by htwt or tape.
This run is improvable in real time.
Player (12)
This again? I'm just going to repeat myself then.
SmashManiac wrote:
Super Mario Advance is a bad port of Super Mario Bros. 2 in my opinion, and adelikat made a princess-only TAS of the latter in 08:29.57. Voting no.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Spikestuff
They/Them
feos wrote:
This is the same movie as #4056: turgish's GBA Super Mario Advance in 11:37.87.
I KNEW THAT 1MINUTE WAS TOO GOOD (It showed up as 1minute originally). In that case if I can move Meh, to NO.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Spikestuff wrote:
I KNEW THAT 1MINUTE WAS TOO GOOD (It showed up as 1minute originally).
For the record, it turned out that the author modified the frame count in the VBM header in both movies (which is why those only showed up as 1 minute long). I've fixed both movies.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Mothrayas wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
I KNEW THAT 1MINUTE WAS TOO GOOD (It showed up as 1minute originally).
For the record, it turned out that the author modified the frame count in the VBM header in both movies (which is why those only showed up as 1 minute long). I've fixed both movies.
That makes sense
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
I'd say it totally doesn't :D
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Banned User, Former player
Mothrayas wrote:
Why did he do so? Was it some kind of attempt at deception/cheating? If yes, perhaps there should be some consequences.
Noxxa
They/Them
Looks like deception. I can't think of any other reason. The VBM file looks like it was deliberately tampered with before he submitted it, as VBA automatically corrects the value in the header when loading a file. (Though it isn't really effective deception either way, because as soon as you load the file in VBA you can see the correct length).
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
At least it's 5 minutes faster than his last one? http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14320
Spikestuff
They/Them
Tangent wrote:
At least it's 5 minutes faster than his last one? http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14320
feos wrote:
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Noxxa
They/Them
Tangent wrote:
It's actually only 01:26.58 faster than the previous submission. The other submission only stops input after the credits. That said, it's still over 3 minutes slower than the NES version. Don't think the version switch makes remotely near that much difference.
Spikestuff wrote:
feos wrote:
Note that that submission (4056S) was submitted after this submission (4055S).
Editor
I think that settles it. Reject and possible ban.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!