Submission Text Full Submission Page
Time Diver Eon Man is an NES game that for some reason was never released commercially, despite being completed. I played through it in a blind race and it was a lot of fun, so I decided to make a TAS. There were a lot of decisions to be made in this run, such as which bosses to use special attacks on and when to take damage to save time. There are two points where I kill myself intentionally to regenerate health. Power-ups drops in this game are fixed, so there's no way to manipulate items. There is some improvement potential on bosses and whatnot, but due to my routing choices, I had to take a small delay to save time elsewhere. Levels are randomized after the first, so routing has to change accordingly.
Level 1: Pretty straightforward. Plowed through pretty much everything without stopping except to wait for platform cycles. Decided to save my special attack for level 2 boss.
Level 2: Another pretty straightforward level. May have been able to save a few frames by jumping into the spikes during the digging section, but not having to wait for health regen after the boss made it pretty much even. Climbing the shaft was awesome. The boss didn't even get an attack in, which is a shame because he literally throws the word "wow" at you.
Level 3: Waiting for the stupid tram wasted some time, but it's instant death if you get hit. Intentional death to restore health because walking through the electricity is much faster than waiting for the platforms. The robot boss wasted a little time because I had such low health.
Level 4: Jump a lot because water slows you down. Climbing the shaft seems a little slow, but I don't think it's possible to do it in one cycle. Boss went quickly.
Level 5: Took a little too much damage in the beginning, but had some nice damage boosts escaping the flood. Died intentionally to restore health. The rest of the level was pretty smooth. The boss could have been slightly faster, but I'm mostly satisfied.
This is a fun game and you should play it.

feos: Rejecting for suboptimality. However, this is a great game to TAS, maybe someone makes a better version.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4074: Palidian's NES Time Diver Eon Man in 15:06.27
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
...Making temp Finally: Link to video Every time you see a forward movement it is the entering of the level (something to do with the story) it's a seizure flicker... but at 30fps you don't see it.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
That looks like a pretty good game! It reminded me of Ninja Gaiden. Other than the fact that the SNES was probably reducing demand for NES games, I can't see why this wasn't released. I was entertained and I give it a Yes!
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
It was mostly fun to watch, but for the deaths and the parts where you were slowly spinning through the ground. I love the wall kicking, though.
Player (83)
I really wish the drops weren't fixed. It would open up so many new possibilities. It's still strange this was never released. There was an article about it in Nintendo Power and everything. Edit: 250 copies were released in 2010, according to Wikipedia.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
At frame 1174 I jumped sooner and saved 4 frames. After frame 2212 I changed the strats and saved 121 frame starting the next room. At frame 2326 I jumped 3 frames earlier and saved 6 frames on getting up. I predict that the movie is overall very suboptimal. If needed, I can try really looking for improvements. The above alone took me 415 rerecords, while the submission uses just 6 times that number throughout 15 minutes of intense gameplay!
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Player (83)
Level 1 is a little sloppy in places, I admit. The only reason I submitted this run is because this game doesn't have a TAS at all that I can find. If it gets rejected, so be it. I'll revisit it again sometime, but it's a neat game and I wanted to share it. I'm much more interested in an RTA at the moment and made this as a proof of concept on certain strategies. I leave it in the hands of the voters.
Former player
Errrr.......I don't think he did well I TASd this game before and almost 1 minute faster than this ,but I do not use this version so I think it can improve a lot
Patashu
He/Him
max12187566 wrote:
Errrr.......I don't think he did well I TASd this game before and almost 1 minute faster than this ,but I do not use this version so I think it can improve a lot
If you still have the input file, could you upload it?
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!