Submission Text Full Submission Page
My first TAS run and one of my favorite SNES games, a hidden gem! I thought this would make an entertaining speedrun as the mouse character (Ooze) is one of the fastest moving sprites I've seen in ANY 2-D game; he puts Sonic to shame. I did the whole run once, but it desynced so I did it again and was able to shave many minutes off my time. This should be one of the fastest runs around.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Hello Rushnerd, and welcome to TASVideos. Note that there's a much faster publication of this game, although that run uses warps. However, this run looks quite suboptimal in many areas, mostly in the player's movement. The lack of optimization is also proven by the very low rerecord count. For that reason, I'm rejecting this run.
Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4080: Rushnerd's SNES Claymates in 39:01.01
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
I don't like the re-record count. Is it optimal or is this sub-optimal? Not giving an encode.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
We have a publication that completes this game in about 15 minutes or so: [2215] SNES Claymates by quietkane in 15:21.92 This submission is slower and cannot be accepted (unless there are special goals like 100% that I am not aware of). You are welcome to improve the movie that I linked above.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!
Spikestuff wrote:
I don't like the re-record count. Is it optimal or is this sub-optimal? Not giving an encode.
I don't remember seeing anything about this. Any suggestions? I don't quite understand why it was rejected for player movements though, I didn't think it was that bad. Not totally sure what the "low re-record amount" means. I didn't used many save states because I was using the rewind button for most of the game 1000's of times.
FractalFusion wrote:
We have a publication that completes this game in about 15 minutes or so: [2215] SNES Claymates by quietkane in 15:21.92 This submission is slower and cannot be accepted (unless there are special goals like 100% that I am not aware of). You are welcome to improve the movie that I linked above.
I knew I should have used the warps. Also why isn't his run listed under "movies" on this site? I only did my run because Claymates wasn't under SNES games. EDIT: Well after watching the guy who used the warps TAS, I can see why you would reject mine. Though i'm wondering if you would if there was nothing to compare it to.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Rushnerd wrote:
I knew I should have used the warps. Also why isn't his run listed under "movies" on this site? I only did my run because Claymates wasn't under SNES games. EDIT: Well after watching the guy who used the warps TAS, I can see why you would reject mine. Though i'm wondering if you would if there was nothing to compare it to.
Oh, I didn't realize you were going for warps. It counts as a special goal. In that case, you don't need to beat the run I mentioned above. However, we have existing runs on this site (this movie is listed under the "All" option at SNES, but it can also be retrieved by searching "Claymates" at the search page; this will also give non-published submissions as well). Because of this, you will need to be careful to compare your run with the existing one(s). By the way, the submission text should give important details like how the TAS was made, as well as strategies tested and anything important that would be of interest. If you aim for not using warps as you did here, then that should be mentioned as well. If at all possible, please provide an encode. It doesn't have to be a publish-quality encode, just a temporary encode that any person can easily refer to. If encoding is too much trouble, please make a request to an encoder (preferably one who is known to make these temporary encodes) by private message, either forum or IRC.
Here is the encode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pOwBxi0gDM the other two parts are on my channel. Thanks for the info Fractal. It was fun to TAS the game anyway.