This movie beats all levels in this game. After the ending there's one more level, which I decided to play as well.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.20.10
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Minor glitch abuse

Comments

Tricks used in this run

Speed cycling
While jumping the main character normally has a speed of 405, but with the input pattern: >>_>>_... The character gets an average speed of 407 while jumping.
Jump boosting
By jumping off enemies which aren't killed instantly, the character can increase his velocity up to 456, with speed cycling to 458.
Clipping
The clipping glitch in this game is so easy, it is impossible to miss. Just be at the very left on the wall and constantly press to the left.

RAM addresses

AddressTypeDescription
0541unsigned ByteX Position
0542unsigned ByteX Position 2nd
052Cunsigned ByteX Subpixel
052Asigned WordX Speed
0543unsigned ByteY Position
0544unsigned ByteY Position 2nd
04E6unsigned ByteY Subpixel
04F2unsigned ByteY Speed
Here a picture of a tomatoe. [dead link removed]

feos: Accepting for Moons.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4120: TASeditor's NES Attack of the Killer Tomatoes in 06:08.18
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
I liked it. Yes vote.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
letcreate123
He/Him
Player (200)
Why did he suggest a tomatoe picture? Its supposed to be a SCREENSHOT. Because when the submission gets approved and published that screenshot will be here. A tomatoe picture as a screenshot would be absolutely ridiculous!
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
LIMO wrote:
Why did he suggest a tomatoe picture? Its supposed to be a SCREENSHOT. Because when the submission gets approved and published that screenshot will be here. A tomatoe picture as a screenshot would be absolutely ridiculous!
Screenshots are picked and placed by publishers. The author's screenshot suggestion is nothing more than that, a suggestion.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Skilled player (1705)
LIMO wrote:
He placed it there as a joke. I'm pretty sure the publishers are aware of that, and would not actually use it as a screenshot. >.>
Experienced player (703)
Here a REAL tomato. btw for TAS
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
xcd
I was just told about this submission lol. I had no idea it was being developed. Very cool, and some of the notes may help me improve the record further. Good stuff :) I seriously did not think sub 4 would be possible.
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
xcd wrote:
I was just told about this submission lol. I had no idea it was being developed. Very cool, and some of the notes may help me improve the record further. Good stuff :) I seriously did not think sub 4 would be possible.
Sub 4 for this run, do you mean sub 6? Or do you mean the RTA record? Indeed this run would be 3:53 with SDA timing.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
got4n wrote:
Here a REAL tomato.
I Raise your maple story tomato for what I thought of this tas. Edit: made it more festive.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
xcd
TASeditor wrote:
xcd wrote:
Sub 4 for this run, do you mean sub 6? Or do you mean the RTA record? Indeed this run would be 3:53 with SDA timing.
RTA.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I was pleasantly surprised by how much variety this platformer is, and it's short enough to avoid getting repetitive. It would probably be better with actual boss fights, but the game looks pretty good even without them. And the run looks good too.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Player (124)
Pressing b while jumping speeds up in first level.
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
The B button is constsantly held.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Player (124)
I haven't watch it
Jungon wrote:
if I was to have a Tool-Assisted real life ... I'd.. I could abuse death, just to see if it saves time ..
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2491] NES Attack of the Killer Tomatoes by TASeditor in 06:08.18
Active player (324)
Fun fact: The music in this game was done by Mark van Hecke, the same guy who did the music for A Boy and His Blob.