Post subject: TASVideos in "media" (internet articles)
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
I've gathered some articles to Wiki: Meshuggah/Media. Wiki: SiteHistory should contain it (according to TODO). Also a few milestones should be added and reorganize it into a humanly readible page like first "executes arbitrary code" (edit:) TASes and SDA marathon appearances. Aaaand this won't be me.
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
Updated the page with articles up to the start of AGDQ 2019. It's very close to my imagined final form. Initially I didn't thought the page will become this massive, so I'm looking for some feedback on where to go. Let me summarize the contents of the page first and then the questions. edited from here - Contains many non-TASVideos TASers under TASers - Contains TASes not available on TASVideos at the moment under TASes - Contains many articles in different categories 0. Name and subpages? - Any better name to reflect "TASers, TASes and TASVideos in the media"? - Divide pages in to subpages? (Media/TASers, Media/Movies, Media...) and names? 1. Where should this page located? - Wiki: Interviews are under Members, but maybe Other is more suitable. - Wiki: Interviews currently edit: contains only shows and text interviews 2. Where should this page mentioned? - Somewhere in Wiki: SiteHistory (see #5) - End/bottom of Wiki: WelcomeToTASVideos (see #4) 3. Should I make subpages to exclude non-TASVideos TASers and TASes? - Especially that most of them refer to a youtube video, not uploaded by TASVideosChannel - Also this way it should be easier to navigate Plans without questions: 4. Editing Wiki: WelcomeToTASVideos - A better example than 2009 crispy gamer article - Linking this Media page for more articles 5. Editing Wiki: SiteHistory - Move interviews (Speed games mostly) from my Media page to here
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
Cyorter
He/Him
Editor, Player (236)
In TASVideos -> Speedrunning history: medium page is Brazilian, not Spanish.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
First of all, I don't think "Media" is the right name if we want it to be official. That's way too broad. If we use "Mass Media" instead, it becomes clearer what we're trying to show. And even then, the text on the page should inform us that this page (or these pages) collect appearances of TASing and TASers in mass media. Make use of wiki lists instead of forced linebreaks. Why do you put "GamesDoneQuick/" so many times? AGDQ/SGDQ is already there. Then, you have 2 bots, those would be 2 items in the list, and then all the GDQs would be a TASBot's sublist. Personally, I'd bold all mass media source names.
MESHUGGAH wrote:
- Contains many non-TASVideos TASers under TASers
Split them into TASVideos TASers and Other TASers.
MESHUGGAH wrote:
- Contains TASes not available on TASVideos at the moment under TASes
You seem to be showing Games there, not individual TASes.
MESHUGGAH wrote:
- Divide pages in to subpages? (Media/TASers, Media/Movies, Media...) and names?
Movies, Bots, TASers, and Games seem to need to be on subpages. Also I believe Interviews should be a subpage of MassMedia.
MESHUGGAH wrote:
1. Where should this page located?
http://tasvideos.org/MassMedia.html
MESHUGGAH wrote:
2. Where should this page mentioned? - Somewhere in Wiki: SiteHistory (see #5) - End/bottom of Wiki: WelcomeToTASVideos (see #4)
Seems to be relevant in lots of places. I'd leave that for later.
MESHUGGAH wrote:
3. Should I make subpages to exclude non-TASVideos TASers and TASes? - Especially that most of them refer to a youtube video, not uploaded by TASVideosChannel - Also this way it should be easier to navigate
Having them as 2 groups on the same page should be handy enough.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
- Bolded media sources (unfinished at other TASers) - Nicer grouping bots - lists instead of linebreaks Remaining: subpages
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
Some questions Wiki: Interviews: 1. Contains 8 Speed Game interviews. (Mass)Media page contains only one for [2725M], so I guess I should remove it from Media and add a link to Speed Game series on Interviews page? 2. Subpages contains usernames... ? I guess this was something an old tradition. Or maybe because of SEO? Do we need that extra subpage just to mention the user and the event at once in the link? MassMedia (this page): 3. Should I ask someone to move the current page to MassMedia (to keep stats)? Or just create it and link it from Media? (this way I could only put only the relevant text (subpages) to the main MassMedia page)
MESHUGGAH wrote:
1. Contains 8 Speed Game interviews. (Mass)Media page contains only one for [2725M], so I guess I should remove it from Media and add a link to Speed Game series on Interviews page?
Yes.
MESHUGGAH wrote:
2. Subpages contains usernames... ? I guess this was something an old tradition. Or maybe because of SEO? Do we need that extra subpage just to mention the user and the event at once in the link?
They are hosted at tasvideos, so it makes sense to break them up like this. If those were just external links, we wouldn't need to keep names subpages. Doesn't seem to harm this way anyway.
MESHUGGAH wrote:
3. Should I ask someone to move the current page to MassMedia (to keep stats)? Or just create it and link it from Media? (this way I could only put only the relevant text (subpages) to the main MassMedia page)
Done. Though format the links for Other TASers the same way others are formatted. Also, PangaeaPanga has published movies. Haven't checked the others.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
Movies done --> Wiki: MassMedia/Movies Bots done --> Wiki: MassMedia/Bots - What about "TASVideos" subpage? MassMedia/Tasvideos... ? Seems silly. - TASers? Games? My idea would be something like this: MassMedia page: - linking subpages (movies, bots) - on this page: TASVideos, Multiple Fame, Others
Doesn't seem silly to me. Those 2 pages look good too. And I don't understand the second question.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
The second question is the same as first: what should be name of the subpages. Is this ok? TASVideos related --> MassMedia/TASVideos TASers related --> MassMedia/TASers Games related --> MassMedia/Games Linking this 3 (edit: and the already listed movies+bots) subpages, Multiple Fame and Others --> MassMedia My reasons: - Others only have 3 article for 2 entries 3DNES uTAS - Multiple Fame are articles that don't focus only on a single TAS/TASer/etc, so it makes sense to leave it on the first page - TASVideos is important enough to be on a subpage however
TASVideos, TASers, and Games are fine as subpage names. Multiple Fame and Others are not descriptive at all, I still don't know what they are about.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
Other: 3DNES by geod originates from FCEUX and the discussion thread is on TASVideos forums. uTAS by dragonbane is a "complete" TASing framework for Wii U. Multiple Fame: These articles focus on multiple TASers/Movies/Pages. I thought this as a different category to avoid repeating the same articles on different subpages.
Looks like you need to rename Other to Tools? Put there articles about rerecording emulators, frameworks, tools, workflows, whatever. As for multiple fame, I'd prefer having duplicate entries that are cross-linked, "this has also been covered in this article about X" kinda thing.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
Multiple fame: Okay, I will try to put these "mentioned in article X" by directly linking to the article within MassMedia. For example under Wiki: MassMedia/Bots: TASBot -> Also mentioned in Wiki: MassMedia/Movies.html#Smb3In2SecondsByTotalAis523Unsubmittable Other / Tools: I guess I should look for some BizHawk / Hourglass / libTAS / fceux mentions.
I'd be really interested in seeing such articles!