(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a MK4 run:
-Played as Scorpion
-Uses mupen64-rerecording-v8
-Hardest Difficulty
-Fast Pace
-Flawless Run
This run teaches you how fast a Character like Scorpion is not a full of best combos in the game this is faster then Quan Chi's Flawless Run to.
ENJOY!

Noxxa: Claiming for judgment.
Noxxa: This run is improvable in many ways, as has been noted in the discussion topic of this submission. The submission is clearly unoptimized like your other submissions. Please read the rejection notes from these runs and the discussion topics about improvements before submitting another movie; if you submit another unoptimized movie, your submission privileges will be revoked. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4165: saomoore94's N64 Mortal Kombat 4 "Flawless Run" in 08:59.23
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
    Fast Pace This run teaches you how fast a Character like Scorpion is not a full of best combos in the game this is faster then Quan Chi's Flawless Run to.
Due to my limited knowledge of Mortal Kombat. ARE You certain you have the fastest character? "Flawless Run" is quite annoying branch to see because without it you can get a much faster run done. I'm going to bring Tekken 2 up as an example due to my limits. These 3 Tekken 2 runs were done on Hard Mode. First time it was LAW with a time of: 3:38.5 (In-game time: 1'43"81) Another run was made with KING time of: 3:19.92 (In-game time: 1'25"93) Then I came along with a YOSHIMITSU run which was a time of: 2:36:27 (In-game time: 50"28) - Which is not submitted due to how un-optimized it is. So I'm going to write this again are you 100% sure you have the fastest character due to the words you wrote "Fast Pace"? I'm not voting 'til I see others comment on it. REGARDLESS THIS IS GOING TO VAULT.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I feeling he got fall in love with Scropion ^"^ Edit: watched this clip. With me, I feel this run have bad more than his MK1: slow selections, do many actions for nothing This's TAS, not SDA. Waste many time for nothing are bad ideas... About how to control enymies. Here's my tech: it's depend time you start meet enemy on board (not in battle), sometimes you need meet enemy late a little. Why need control enemy? It'll help you can allow enemy do what you want. You need optimize your actions more than. here my tech: - try a round with full actions you think it's best and record movie - try other a round with full other you think maybe best too and record movie - compare 2 videos then find best way - control enemy for sure your best way can alway work Here's my example did it ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IEk_UHCZ1U
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
This is the 3rd Mortal Kombat run with Scorpion in the last two weeks, and all of them have had obvious problems. There are multiple runs on Youtube beating it not even trying for speed. Even the menu selection is obviously substandard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8e0XUtAlmU You really need to watch some other Mortal Kombat runs on this site and listen to what people are saying.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Ah thanks Tangent I know I forgot about that. #2998: Thevlackdemonn2294's N64 Mortal Kombat 4 in 07:43.07 - REJECTED "I felt the previous movie had more fluid combos, demonstrated more stage specific fatalities, an additional glitch fatality... While the continuing to move after the round was interesting, it doesn't outweigh the others" - DarkKobold Yea, NO.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
This is why the Limited user rank was invented.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Expert player (2581)
Somehow I knew this one was coming next... Well, looks like an unoptimized run and I'm pretty sure there are new tricks not used here, although I'm not an MK expert. So, my vote is no, but my advice; try again.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
omg don't tell me next time is his SF, waste many time with shoryukens :D
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
I don't think the author realizes these runs are not up to TASVideos standards.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Dooty wrote:
Somehow I knew this one was coming next...
Screw it imma say it. HUEHUEHUEHUE.
feos wrote:
Let's see the TASers who have written something in this forum with rejected runs (April 1st doesn't count). Myself and xxNKxx... well then, I know when I'm not needed.
actually not really... HALP.
There have been runs which have been accepted last year, which wasn't to the optimal level especially in something that wouldn't take long to do. Bowser (SMW - GBA)... Very late cannot bother listing actual examples. But yeah whatever~ And surprisingly the one thing up to standards is this.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Editor
feos wrote:
Well for goodness' sake, somebody tell him. I've just checked, he was online less than 12 hours ago so I assume he is visiting the site quite often. All somebody needs to do is leave him a PM (or better still, an e-mail, since he's left his address on his profile). Yes, TASvideos' standards are prohibitively high for many newcomers. That does not mean we should have to put up with a steady stream of mediocre submissions.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
Y'know, for being supposedly "flawless", these runs sure have a hell of a lot of flaws!
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Active player (434)
i would say jax or some character with a max damage infinite would be the fastest way(or maybe jabjab reset jabjab) to go but this player is more interested in getting something accepted than actually studying the game
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Patashu
He/Him
To the author saomoore94: Videos hosted on tasvideos are intended to be as close to frame perfect in every way as the maker knows how to be, and unbeaten/not easily beatable by any other TASes of parts of the game/the full game. If this is not your intent, there are some better places to submit to: http://www.youtube.com/user/EnterPlaymentNet 'tool assisted flawless playthroughs' are intended to go through a game with no mistakes or human errors, but not necessarily TAS style play (TAS only techniques and glitches, major sequence breaks, showing off the game rather than skipping cutscenes, etc) http://www.youtube.com/user/cubex55 Longplays intend to show off all of the game (including intro, cutscenes and credits and no major sequence breaks) with no major mistakes/wastes of time due to failure, by using savestates (or being good enough at the game that one take is all that's needed). (Let me know if there's a place I should be emailing/PMing this to)
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Player (131)
grassini wrote:
i would say jax or some character with a max damage infinite would be the fastest way(or maybe jabjab reset jabjab) to go but this player is more interested in getting something accepted than actually studying the game
I doubt that an infinite is necessary because it's probably easy enough to just manipulate the AI into eating your attacks, especially since many infinites use weak attacks to juggle or trigger damage protection. I don't think any of the existing non-playaround fighter TASes use an infinite combo for that reason.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom
According to his reply to the PM I sent him, he's only doing this to show you the best ways to play Scorpion.
I like Doraemon