Submission Text Full Submission Page
A rare novelty TAS for your collection!
  • Genre: Sports
  • Aims for maximum score
  • Ends input as soon as possible
  • Never ends
The score limit in Virtual Pinball is 99999900.
In this movie the score increases by 100 points every 16 frames.
Maximum score is reached in 74 hours.
After that, nothing happens.

feos: This is an awesome movie. But by being so good at setting up that funny trick, it brings everything to absurd level. We use to love TASes where input ends far before the real ending is reached, seeing how neatly the post-input events are planned. Now, you will need to wait for 3 days just to see the event this run aims for. And it's not even so that there is different action during this time - anything different ends a few seconds into the run.
Then, this is not quite a superplay. The author reports the same thing can be easily done in real time. Which means the game is coded so poorly it allows to farm the score forever by sticking the ball in the same pattern forever.
Finally, this run, even while reaching the point it aims for (after 3 days), does not finish the game! The fastest max score Tetris run dies once it meets its goal. In this run, there's no way to die.
Rejecting this great misdated April fool's submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4168: Aqfaq's Genesis Virtual Pinball "maximum score" in 00:05.46
Player (26)
I will take a look once I'm done watching this run.
Patashu
He/Him
Where's the 2160p encode? Kappa
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Editor
I presume the ball just gets stuck somewhere and loops repeatedly? Should have waited till April Fool's Day for this one.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Aqfaq submissions always bring me joy. Voting yes.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Super quick (and crap) encode (somehow there's no sound): Link to video
All syllogisms have three parts, therefore this is not a syllogism.
Vote: Did you find this movie entertaining? (Vote after watching!) [ ] No [x] Yes [ ] Meh
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Radiant wrote:
I will take a look once I'm done watching this run.
(Towards that run)
This is the song that never ends.
It just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue singing it forever just because...

This is the song that doesn't end.
Yes, it goes on and on my friend.
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue singing it forever just because...
Anyways this isn't infinite so meh vote P: Ooooooooooooooooooo......
This is the song that never ends...
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor
Yes vote for Gruefood Delight!
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Voting Yes because the solution for maximum score made me laugh out loud. I don't know if it's publishable though. (If not, it can go into Gruefood Delight as thatguy said.)
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Technicality: it looks like it reaches maximum score (eventually), but it doesn't seem like it ever finishes the game, which is still generally one of the requirements for maximum score runs. (See Tetris for example, where after reaching the maximum score, the run 'loses' as fast as possible).
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Banned User, Former player
Is there a way in this game to affect the ball other than with the paddles (typically by bumping the table, as supported by some pinball computer games)? If not, then this would be technically acceptable even under the rule "the earliest acceptable ending point is when no further input can make the game end faster" (or in this case, for the goal to be achieved faster.) But this should have really waited a few months for April 1st...
Skilled player (1706)
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Notable, but unwatchable and absurd. Equal to Desert Bus. In some terms better, in some terms worse than that.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Active player (372)
That was awesome! Yes vote all the way. :)
Largely unrelated: I vividly remember going to a friendly gathering with my parents when I was five years old, where one of my father's friends ended up showing the adults his new PC pinball game. It was eventually suggested that I give the game a shot for fun. Within 30 seconds of play, I accidentally locked the ball in a pattern where the score would go up infinitely. On-topic, this was short enough for it to be fun and entertaining. Yes vote from me.
Post subject: April wise men!
Former player
Definitely glad you didn't submit this on April 1 when it would get buried under all the sub par "joke" submissions. Console verify and stream forever please <3
Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign aqfaq Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign
Post subject: Re: April wise men!
Editor, Expert player (2459)
jimsfriend wrote:
Console verify and stream forever please <3
The result is easily reproduced in real time, so there would be no need for Genbot. Streaming it might be a nice sideshow during a charity marathon.
Aqfaq wrote:
The result is easily reproduced in real time
Which is a great reason to reject, among others.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Banned User, Former player
feos wrote:
Aqfaq wrote:
I don't follow your logic.
Warp wrote:
feos wrote:
Aqfaq wrote:
I don't follow your logic.
Moons wrote:
Aims to fulfill the site's goal of being entertainment based and provide impressive and high quality TAS movies to the audience.
Vault wrote:
The gameplay still needs to standout from non-assisted play. Example of a (mini)game which does not is Desert Bus.
Right here it looks not like a superplay, but just as some bug demonstration, especially when the game is so crappy that bug can easily be replicated in real time (no need for tools to pull it off).
Former player
:( That does seem like good reason to reject.
Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign aqfaq Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!
Editor
Now, how's about getting this thing into Gruefood Delight where it belongs?
Please do it whoever can.