Submission Text Full Submission Page
I already introduced this movie and game at #450: Ferret Warlord's NES Cheetahmen II in 02:24.63. This movie is virtually identical (the Apollo levels being identical) except for the following changes.
-I used an additional 1035 reloads to cut out 101 frames, about a second and two thirds. That's about 10 reloads per frame saved. The Ape Man easily ate up 700 reloads due to how imprecise and inconsistent this game is.
-I discovered that jumping and punching at the same time seems to cut two frames from the punching animation. Because of this, I redid levels 3 and 4, using this trick wherever possible.
-I can defeat the Ape Man in the same time while taking less damage. Taking this in mind, I barged through a couple of enemies in level 4 that I ordinarily would have punched. I also managed to dodge some others I didn't before. This results in a lower score of 25500, but with some time saved.
-I end the movie a little earlier. The viewer cannot interfere with the finishing time, just the final score. Time was saved there.
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Abuses errors in programming (not that hard to do, since this game is practically one big glitch)
  • Aims for fastest time
Enjoy. ;)

Bisqwit: Sorry, but I fail to see this movie entertaining. It falls to the "bad game choice" category.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #452: Ferret Warlord's NES Cheetahmen II in 02:22.95
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
I applaud your efforts at improving your work on this obscure and pathetic title. Now move on to something better!!!
Yes--like the original The Cheetahmen. Or Wait and See!, another shoddly assembled "game". Seriously, though--I can see the differences, and I know you put a lot of effort into this. However, I would like to petition Bisqwit (or Phil) to review the rules for submission, and consider if games like this--ones that cannot be legitimately finished without violation of such rules--would be admissible. If a proper ending is preferred, would FW--and others like him to come--be allowed to do what is necessary to get it, and if so, to what degree?
Former player
Taken from the rules: Generally, we only accept hacks which only make the game playable on an emulator. I think your situation might fit into this, maybe you should ask Bisqwit... If you think it's worth it, of course.
Skilled player (1404)
Generally, we only accept hacks which only make the game playable on an emulator. Except this isn't an emulator glitch. Happens on the NES as well.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Former player
I'm going to have vote "no" because of the always controversial "entertainment" provision. No offense to your work on this movie, but as you freely admit this game blows. Big time. So much so that I find it a chore to even watch it for two minutes. In contrast to the badness that is Dark Castle, I found that game amusingly (some might say embarassingly) awful in such a way as to keep my attention. It was like watching a car accident...with clowns. Cheetahman II is something I never heard of before and I wish I hadn't, like tapeworms. This is all one man's opinion, however. Please don't view this as a personal attack, a mistake first-time submitters sometimes make.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Former player
feitclub's description and analogies were perfect in my opinion. As soon as it started I gave a bit of a chuckle cause it was so bad, but that badness did not make it a consistently entertaining movie like Dark Castle. But I'm with everyone else in that I'd like to see you move onto something better, because I didn't notice any errors.
Skilled player (1404)
Wow. The reaction here was nowhere near as positive as it was at the NES boards. :P Ah well.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Former player
I liked it. The sheer stupidity of the game is enough for me, and that flying glitch takes the cake. I really do wish you would've included that awesome intro, but ah well. -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Gosh, this game was actually released? No matter how great the run is, the entertainment value suffers quite a bit from the game itself (especially its attractive improvised plingplong musics) Anyway, the run is technically good, so I'm giving it a Yes.
"You win because you have a Kunio-kun avatar." -Boco
Skilled player (1404)
Actually, it never was officially released. The cart manufacturer was sitting on the cartridges for a few years until he decided to give them to some independent store owners. The ROM leaked soon thereafter.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
Good run, excellent TAS. Shitty game.