It's Kangaroo, again. A lot faster, too. Super quickly after the first publication, too. I love you guys. 2290 frames faster than the published TAS.
Kangaroo takes some Kangaroids and demolishes the game. This TAS is much quicker than the previous. This is because a new bug is abused. Pressing down+left+right causes the kangaroo to fall through the ground. He eventually wraps around to the top of the screen. This allows us to skip pretty much each level. Now the game is completed super quickly. To all the people who liked the previous submission because the game was from their childhood, uh... sorry.
  • Genre: Broken

Incredibly Long Level Comments

Level 1

Pretty straightforward. No, you don't win if you stand on the top floor.

Level 2

In this level, you die if you're in midair, which is why we have to land on that one platform. Also, moving left at the start is to avoid being killed by an apple on the top floor when we do the warp.

Level 3

Stupidly simple, since the ladder is right above us.
Thanks for Yep2yel for making the previous movie. Have fun!

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: It is fun to see how even the simplest of games can be broken badly. Accepting to Moons as an improvement to the published movie.
Guga: It's mine!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4255: NitroGenesis's A2600 Kangaroo in 00:34.79
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Beautiful. Screw it I'm just going to give it a yes vote. Starts laughing Temp: Link to video I like how we thought it couldn't be improved. Continues to laugh
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Guga
He/Him
You broke it.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Lol, I love it.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Expert player (2581)
The every-game-has-a-bug rule seems to have no exceptions, nice job on finding it.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Skilled player (1705)
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
This speaks for itself, yes vote.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Wow. I feel bad for the gameplay. However, this is IMHO way more entertaining than what came before, not to mention faster. This is like when that bug was found in Stage 1 of Donkey Kong... except that this entire run looks like that bug. Yes vote!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Reviewer, Player (181)
I congratulate you, and I actually feel good that someone obsoleted my first video. I'm incredibly curious to see what other bugs this and other Atari games have. All of my yes votes.
No game is perfect, Everything can be broken. - Whoever was on the couch with dwangoAC and Weatherton at AGDQ 2014.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
This is just crazy. I also like that the new glitch makes the game even more similar to (NES) Donkey Kong. Yes vote.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
When I load this game, it resists
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Guga
He/Him
I could load the game just fine.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Want to publish?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Guga
He/Him
Sure, why not? PD: Get yourself on IRC!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2571] A2600 Kangaroo by NitroGenesis in 00:34.79
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
what the fuck