Submission Text Full Submission Page
You can download the game here: [dead link removed]
I used Hourglass r81. (When I rendered to avi I couldnt capture audio...)
My aim was to complete the game AQAP (I could be some frames quicker i guess).

feos: This submission, given how simple the game is, is very sub-optimal, as was proven in the discussion thread. But other than that, it seems to be that kind of a game that can't be accepted to Vault. It's not a game allowing the player enough freedom to highlight superplay over regular human play, because it's only an interactive fiction piece, limiting your actions by some pre-defined solutions. Rejecting for game choice.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4274: mbm's Windows Betasuppe in 01:49.08
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Go back over what you did. The ending should be this: "I should be able to float now I think!" LEFT. -end input- "You win" you continue. "You win" LEFT "Okay!" Edit: Voting NO. Why? Unoptimal. at "use elevator" you can just have "up" and going "down" Edit 2 (THE ROUTE): = START = - flip switch - r ENTER - u - l - get shades - r ENTER - get elevator - use shades - use elevator - l ENTER ENTER = DONE =
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (26)
Spikestuff wrote:
at "use elevator" you can just have "up" and going "down"
You can even use u/d/e/w as commands. I don't usually believe in "bad game choice", but in this case a TAS isn't noticeably different from a non-tool-assisted playthrough. I mean, there's only three rooms and most of the time you just have to type in a one-letter command and press enter, that's it. Typing a few milliseconds faster than is possible in real life is not a superplay. No vote.
Spikestuff
They/Them
I have completed my TAS faster than this. 01:16.0 is the time. (Half-assed + Half-awake still un-optimal) 246 Rerecords. Link to video Eh, might as well add mine now since TASEditor improved on it: User movie #14004487415018093 Then again, I don't care.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Fog
Experienced player (626)
Should submit it
...this is a game? Seems more like someone's "I'm trying to figure out how these development tools work" toy than a game.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Inb4 MESHUGGAH
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
The run should be improvable by 2 frames, but keyboard blocking doesn't allow it happening.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Skilled player (1706)
TASeditor wrote:
The run should be improvable by 2 frames, but keyboard blocking doesn't allow it happening.
Can't you hex edit the file to include the keys? :P Also what game is this? Edit:
betasuppe is a little platform / text adventure hybrid game that I made for the TIGsource B-game compo that ran in August/September 2007. The game is unfortunately very short, but it is completable, and people generally seemed to like it =)
Is this game notable? I don't mind the easiness, given the fact it was made for a contest, but I don't think it's worth publishing since it doesn't "feel" like an actual fully-fledged game nor is it notable like You Have To Burn The Rope. :o
User movie #14008501992560107 Saved 5 frames? 2 from writing "shades" faster ( I hex edited it to write "s" "h" "ades", instead of "s" "h" "ad" "es"), 1 frame just be saved from a lag frame, the others should be too, but I'm not sure.
Spikestuff
They/Them
TASeditor wrote:
I hex edited it to write "s" "h" "ades", instead of "s" "h" "ad" "es".
Isn't there a program which disables keyboard limitation?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Spikestuff wrote:
TASeditor wrote:
How would it do that? Magically remove hardware limitations of your keyboard?
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
Wait a sec. Are we now voting on Spikestuff's improved run, or mr_eeh's (now apparently obsoleted) submission?
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Player (142)
Warepire wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
TASeditor wrote:
It automatically detects buttons you try to press simultaneously but aren't registered by using the webcam to track your fingers, then finds and orders a better keyboard for you from amazon.
Spikestuff
They/Them
ars4326 wrote:
Wait a sec. Are we now voting on Spikestuff's improved run, or mr_eeh's (now apparently obsoleted) submission?
I was proving that it can be obsoleted very easily. Then TASEditor decided to add to join in. In other words it's quite obvious we are voting on eeh's run.
Scepheo wrote:
Warepire wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
TASeditor wrote:
It automatically detects buttons you try to press simultaneously but aren't registered by using the webcam to track your fingers, then finds and orders a better keyboard for you from amazon.
for me I was doing s-h-ade-s as input and I remember seeing that was a program which removed the keyboard limit... forgot the name though... and it actually worked.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
Spikestuff wrote:
I was proving that it can be obsoleted very easily. Then TASEditor decided to add to join in. In other words it's quite obvious we are voting on eeh's run.
Oh, I know lol. Any plans to submit that one, or are you subtly telling mr_eeh to 'step his game up' :D
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Spikestuff
They/Them
ars4326 wrote:
Oh, I know lol. Any plans to submit that one, or are you subtly telling mr_eeh to 'step his game up' :D
Oh hell NO, no way I'm submitting this. TASEditor has the optimal time, ask him. and yet again I'm showing proof due to the text length and how sudden the input can be.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
Spikestuff wrote:
Oh hell NO, no way I'm submitting this. TASEditor has the optimal time, ask him. and yet again I'm showing proof due to the text length and how sudden the input can be.
Haha, that's cool. I understand. BTW, off-topic, but how do you adjust your profile settings to have multiple avatars, to reflect different moods? It's a cool feature, but I can't find any way to adjust it in my settings.
Spikestuff
They/Them
ars4326 wrote:
Haha, that's cool. I understand. BTW, off-topic, but how do you adjust your profile settings to have multiple avatars, to reflect different moods? It's a cool feature, but I can't find any way to adjust it in my settings.
Yeah, I rather submit something that's worth submitting then something we are going to question about. 350 Posts
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Regardless of the optimization level, I don't think this is a good enough game choice to be published here. It's too short, with too few chances for actual input (similar to the problem with the recently rejected Super Road Blaster submission), which also makes it too similar to a real-time speedrun as Radiant noted. No vote.
ars4326 wrote:
BTW, off-topic, but how do you adjust your profile settings to have multiple avatars, to reflect different moods? It's a cool feature, but I can't find any way to adjust it in my settings.
It's a privilege given to members who have accrued at least 350 posts. Once you've reached that number, another field will appear in your profile allowing you to specify a set of filenames to use for your mood avatars. You can read more about it here. EDIT: Spikestuff beat me to it.
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
@ Spikestuff & CoolKirby Thanks, guys! Appreciate the info!
Spikestuff
They/Them
CoolKirby wrote:
Regardless of the optimization level, I don't think this is a good enough game choice to be published here. It's too short, with too few chances for actual input (similar to the problem with the recently rejected Super Road Blaster submission), which also makes it too similar to a real-time speedrun as Radiant noted. No vote.
I say a speedrun would be around 2 mins (due to longer typing and other). TASEditor proved with hexing it can be done at 1:15. Basically it's at the acceptable level of Bishi Bashi and Salary Man but at the lower level of You Have to Burn the Rope. Superhuman but only 1 level so it becomes somewhat... eh.
CoolKirby wrote:
EDIT: Spikestuff beat me to it.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :3
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!