Submission Text Full Submission Page
My main goal with this movie was test lsnes and see if it's better than snes9x, only that. I could be faster, but the scripts that I use in snes9x doesn't work in lsnes, complicating my TAS.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: lsnes rr1-Δ18ε3
  • Play all levels
  • Test lsnes and see if it's a good emulator or not
  • <And so on>

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: This run is visibly severely suboptimal compared to other runs of the game, including this two-years old cancelled any% submission, and is over a minute and a half slower than this six-and-a-half years old run [dead link removed]. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4294: Kaizoboy's SNES Kaizo Mario World "100%" in 19:48.24
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
This run finishes the first stage with the remaining timer at 339. This nearly 2 years old cancelled submission finishes the first stage with the remaining timer at 360, an ingame time difference of 21 seconds. (The timer seems to tick down once every 40 frames, so that's a real-time difference of about 14 seconds). I think I already know enough.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Fog
Experienced player (626)
would have been better to leave as a WIP
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
*reads Moth's point* So I vote Yes right? Obvious No.
Why am I not asleep?
About 8 mins difference between this and the Canceled one. As Moth pointed out the clear instage differences. Even if the canceled TAS was SNES9x if it was converted to Bizhawk/lsnes (more accurate emu.) It would be more than 6 minutes (Estimate and a half here) ahead of this TAS.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (172)
I watched it twice, and found it highly unoptimized. Super Mario World is a well-studied game and possesses a lot of tricks/glitches, which you may have to learn. For example, you can optimize your speed by releasing the direction key at a correct timing while flying. Mothrayas has already pointed out that this is slower than a part of any%. Even as 100%, it's slower than the 6.5-year old TAS. No vote, for poor strategies and suboptimality. @Spikestuff: the cancelled one is for any%, not 100%. With the latest strategies, the 100% run would be done within 17 minutes or so.
Retired because of that deletion event. Projects (WIP RIP): VIP3 all-exits "almost capeless yoshiless", VIP2 all-exits, TSRP2 "normal run"
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Mister wrote:
@Spikestuff: the cancelled one is for any%, not 100%. With the latest strategies, the 100% run would be done within 17 minutes or so.
Ah. Well seems unoptimized.
runs into bed
So I guess my no will stay for that way. Mister x Mastejun for Kaizo 100% Or whatever fancy SMW combo.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
Like Fog mentioned, this would have been more appropriate to upload as a WIP in the forums. You would likely receive more constructive feedback on this, as well.
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Post subject: Re: #4294: Kaizoboy's SNES Kaizo Mario World "100%" in 19:48.24
Expert player (2581)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
My main goal with this movie was test lsnes and see if it's better than snes9x, only that.
That's a really arbitrary goal if you ask anyone here, but since you didn't I can only see two possibilities; 1) you are still inexperienced with the submission system. In this case, visit the forums to seek advice from other members, most of us enjoy helping newbies, please give it a try. 2) you are one of those banned guys who just want to mess with the system. In this case, no one care anymore, you're wasting your time, most of us have better things to do. Give up already.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Post subject: Re: #4294: Kaizoboy's SNES Kaizo Mario World "100%" in 19:48.24
Editor, Expert player (2001)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
My main goal with this movie was test lsnes and see if it's better than snes9x, only that. I could be faster, but the scripts that I use in snes9x doesn't work in lsnes, complicating my TAS.
If you were just testing, why did you submit this as an entry? Unless you meant to submit it as a WIP, of course.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
All the people who dislike lsnes. This is your chance! Vote Yes quickly!! Scripts don't work, it's gonna be banned!
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!