• Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Uses death to save time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Abuses Programming errors in the game
  • Sacrifices a little frames for fun
  • Genre: Fighting
  • Genre: Platform
This run is 18.5 seconds faster than the previous published [1279] NES Double Dragon II: The Revenge "2 players" by adelikat in 08:40.13. The GameResources here about Double Dragon 2,you can look this page, other ram adresses look this page. The majo improvment comes from details and better application of "Double Flying Knee glitch". Thanks adelikat and jprofit22.

feos: Accepting this improvement.
Ilari: Processing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Post subject: Re: #4321: xipo's NES Double Dragon 2 - The Revenge (U) "2 players" in 08:21.61
Editor, Expert player (2459)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
18.5 seconds faster
WOW!
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Wow nice improvements! The 2nd and 3rd screens surprised me, I did not think to use player 2 to limit screen scrolling to minimize the time needed to go back to the ladder. This movie syncs on Bizhawk 1.6.1
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
Make an encode, please!
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
Dimon12321 wrote:
Make an encode, please!
Trying (already got it dumped). http://ilari.tasvideos.org/4321S.webm
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Great job xipo! This was really fun to watch. Stage 4 was probably my favorite, but everything about Stage 7 was great too. I was surprised to see that you seem to use the double-knee glitch a little less. You don't use one in stage 2 after the helicopter. In stage 4, you walk quite a while under the claws before using the double-knee glitch. The one that glitched up stage 6 is awesome though. I'm also surprised to see you didn't use adelikat's trick against the shadow warriors, where you waste a life to get invincibility and punch them both.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Experienced player (630)
Wonder why the game name has the (U) in it...
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Kurabupengin wrote:
In a game name, (U) means (Unimprovable), which means the author is challenging others to try and improve the movie. Source: am gynecologist
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Kurabupengin wrote:
USA version. But it shouldn't be in the game name. Removed.
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
The movie is not as entertaining as adelikat's, but I vote YES anyway!
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
xRavenXP
He/Him
I vote yes for this TAS! ;)
I love games and love to record videos (longplays). Visit my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/xRavenXP
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2607] NES Double Dragon II: The Revenge "2 players" by Xipo in 08:21.61
The encode video screws up for me at 5:54, is it just me?
Tristal wrote:
The encode video screws up for me at 5:54, is it just me?
Youtube, right? No, I have no idea what went wrong there.