(Link to video)
This movie is a Quad run. What is a Quad run? It is the attempt to clear multiple games with one set of input. With my input (emulator movie file), I cleared SMB, 2J, 2U, and 3 all at the same time.
How to confirm this movie file correctly completes all four games? Use the submitted movie file in each game separately, then if all four games reach their respective endings with it, it is successful Quad run.
Thanks to HHS and the authors of SMB3 game end glitch run, I succeeded in using the demonstrated game end glitch in SMB3. As a result of it, I took another strategy over the current published run. By the way, I stopped the movie file when I touch SMB's bowser's axe. I want to say I adjusted the currently submitted SMB run when I stop the movie.

Movie Objectives

• Aims for showing four endings at the same time
  • Aims for fast time
  • Aims for more entertainment
  • Uses Left+Right and Up+Down button preses at the same time
  • Uses Warps
  • Uses game end glitch
  • Uses glitches to save time
  • Card game
  • Uses the same ROM images the currently published run uses
  • Made with FCEUX 2.1.5
In SMB, I went to World 3 to adjust its time so it matches the other three games. Now SMB has 12 stages just like SMB: The Lost Levels.
SMB: The Lost Levels is now the longest of all four games, so the main focus is on this game.
SMB2, is the second longest, which is 20 seconds slower than SMB: The Lost Levels. In SMB2, sometimes I was required to move towards the left side. For example, the short cut to go to the boss room in 6-3, 7-1, and 7-2. In this case, I focused on this game and move towards the left side with inertia. You can see SMB1, The Lost Levels and 3 go towards the right side but 2 goes towards the left side in 2's 1-1's boss fight to grab eggs. When SMB, The Lost Levels and 3 are running towards the right side, if the left button is pressed, their running speed will decrease. Pressing left doesn't necessarily force Mario to start moving left, rather it will still have Mario running towards the right, but slower with the left button being pressed. When SMB2 has a character running quickly towards the right side, I sometimes have to press the left button so that SMB1, The Lost Levels, and 3 will go toward the left side. So I went towards walls in SMB2 not running quickly in either direction, and then push the left button to go towards the left side in SMB2 alone.
In SMB3, I got 3 star panels, the card game, and performed a ritual to dive into a memory sea.

Special Thanks

• HHS for supplying details. Without his details, this movie wouldn't exist.
  • Lord Tom. He said the game end glitch would never screw with inputs. He inspired me to make this run. Also I sometimes referred to his first success movie to go to the ending from 7-1.
  • Tompa. I also referred to his currently published SMB3 run.
  • pirohiko for supplying details for SMB3 in Japanese.
  • HappyLee for his runs, especially SMB: The Lost Levels. I often referred here first to save time.
  • Aglar and andrewg for their SMB2 run. I referred to it for some technique and glitches.
  • Authors of current SMB3's warpless run. I referred to their run to calculate time to go to 2-1 and card game.

Nach: Very nice and unexpected improvement to existing run. Good audience response. Accepting for moons.
Spikestuff: Time to kill some ears. Publishing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Oh goodie, oh yeah. Easy Yes. Easily Painful to the ears when all at once (w/ headphones). EASY DEATH TO HUMANS! Previous TAS: [1778] NES Super Mario Bros., 2, The Lost Levels & 3 by agwawaf in 10:39.75
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
THIS IS SO GOOD. The N-Card match was particularly cute :)
Editor
Beats the previous run by two minutes, and then, finishes all at the same time, because it can.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Expert player (2453)
Epic quadrun, you've done it again! Easy yes vote, except personally I think the fastest time should be the No.1 goal no matter what. Perhaps the path you've chosen in SMB and SMB3 for entertainment and showing 4Ending at the sametime might increase the time overall a little bit. Thanks for the effort you took to make such an entertaining run. I found this run quite different from the previous TAS. I like them both, and I wish there could be a way to keep both of them. :)
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Ford
He/Him
To beat all four games using the same input is impressive enough, but to beat them within 10 seconds of each other is nothing short of fantastic! All my yes are belong to this!
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
What I find very impressive about this is that the SMB3 ACE bit, one that's fairly nontrivial to TAS, was able to be done in a quad run. It's also pretty cool that all games ended at pretty much the same time, which is very nice. Obvious Yes vote.
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
Great show =D!
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
He broke the games so hard, even the submission text's been broken o.o
Experienced player (703)
yolo run. Yes vote :) (sorry for yolo :()
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Player (12)
scrimpeh wrote:
What I find very impressive about this is that the SMB3 ACE bit, one that's fairly nontrivial to TAS, was able to be done in a quad run. It's also pretty cool that all games ended at pretty much the same time, which is very nice. Obvious Yes vote.
What do you mean by this? The N-Spade card game? That seems pretty easy to TAS, but hard to optimize. Nonetheless, I was amazed that SMB3 has become such a short game that so many things you never see in a speedrun could be done for entertainment value while beating three other games! Yes vote! When Wii U TASing become a reality, the first thing I want to see is a dual run of NSMBU and NSLU.
Skilled player (1431)
mathgrant wrote:
What do you mean by this? The N-Spade card game?
Don't know why this should be spoilered but I guess I'll follow suit: ACE stands for Arbitrary Code Execution and refers to the method that is used to glitch to the ending in Super Mario Bros 3, which is extremely sensitive as a bunch of enemies have to be placed/killed in exact positions for it to work correctly
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
Fog
Experienced player (626)
creaothceann wrote:
He broke the games so hard, even the submission text's been broken o.o
I have fixed this for him
Experienced player (760)
Thanks for feedback. :D
mathgrant wrote:
It meant I went to ENDING from 7-1 with glitch in the SMB3. How to adjust it is what Cpadolf said.
Player (12)
Cpadolf wrote:
mathgrant wrote:
Don't know why this should be spoilered but I guess I'll follow suit: ACE stands for Arbitrary Code Execution and refers to the method that is used to glitch to the ending in Super Mario Bros 3, which is extremely sensitive as a bunch of enemies have to be placed/killed in exact positions for it to work correctly
I didn't realize it was an abbreviation. I don't follow TASGlossary.org like you guys do. I only follow TASVideos. :) Thanks for elaborating.
Player (33)
I can appreciate the difficulty of performing the run, but as for a watch I can't really say I was entertained. Too many things to try to watch lead to me not actually watching anything at all, and all the audio mixed together made me never want to hear the mario jumping noise again. Voted meh.
My complete comments on this run: Deserves a star.
 _/\_
\    /
 |/\|
"I think we can put our differences behind us... for science, you monster."
Player (12)
I agree with HappyLee's opinion about aiming for the fastest time no matter what. Still, this was fairly impressive. Good job! :)
Damn, beats the old run by two minutes, and utilizes the new arbitrary code execution in SMB3. Hell yeah. Yes vote.
Former player
Well played
Wow, great run! Not only the fact that this beats the old run, it also improves on the timing of the endings. I especially liked the Memory Game in SMB3.
Editor, Active player (296)
I liked it. The struggle to execute some complex actions simultaneously in different games was very clearly seen. And it managed to beat the games almost the same time.
SXL
I showed the encode to TAS first-timers, and they wouldn't believe me when I told them the input was the same. Are the 4 videos sync'd ? Would it be possible to display the input on the Youtube encode ?
I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death - NAS
Patashu
He/Him
SXL wrote:
I showed the encode to TAS first-timers, and they wouldn't believe me when I told them the input was the same. Are the 4 videos sync'd ? Would it be possible to display the input on the Youtube encode ?
Yes. Aside from obvious things like 'jump only makes some jump if others are in the air', the behaviour of L+R and U+D differs between versions, allowing for the same input to move different games in different directions in a limited way.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Totally awesome! I really like all the little things you did to make the run entertaining, and finishing all of the games around the same time was also a nice touch. Yes vote!
Omnigamer wrote:
Too many things to try to watch lead to me not actually watching anything at all, and all the audio mixed together made me never want to hear the mario jumping noise again.
It's been said before, but the easiest way to watch a quadrun is to stare at the center of the screen and watch all four movies with your peripheral vision. This should allow you to enjoy as much of the action as possible. As for the audio, I suppose there's not much you can do other than turn your volume down a lot lower (that's what I did to watch this).