Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is my very first TAS movie on the Internet! Today! I'm going to be playing Super Donkey Kong 2: Dixie and Diddy as a TAS. Here, Diddy and Dixie will speed up rescuing Donkey Kong from the evil Kremling Kaptain K. Rool, using their feet, bashing through Kremlings and playing as Animal Buddies. I have some problems that there were some death threats in Chain Link Chamber and during the K. Rool Duel battle. Anyways, this is going to be the best TAS ever! After the K. Rool Duel battle, K. Rool fell down into the ocean and the Kongs listened for Cranky Kong because they rescued Donkey Kong and then the credits began to be displayed. I know that the Parrot Chute Panic level without Squawks was a little easy. And also, one of the levels in Krazy Kremland had a few trys untill I beat the world. Anyways, enjoy my first ever TAS!
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (AKA Super Donkey Kong 2: Dixie and Diddy" is a 1995 game as the sequel to Donkey Kong Country. In the story, after the events of Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong decides to relax on the beach on his beach chair, but suddenly, King K. Rool (now known as Kaptain K. Rool) decides to kidnap DK. You can either play as Diddy Kong or his girlfriend Dixie Kong. as they adventure through worlds, collect Kremcoins for the Lost World, bash the Kremlings and ride through Animal Buddies.
There are also a few TAS movies about DKC2.

Nach: Hello MegYesDKNo, welcome to TASVideos!
TASVideos aims to publish the highest quality tool-assisted super-plays available. While this first TAS of yours is a valiant attempt, it falls short of what is considered highest quality. For this game in question, notice that we have a very popular and extremely well played 100% run which was completed with a significantly less final time: [2027] SNES Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest "102%" by Dooty, NxCy & Comicalflop in 1:21:31.88.
When making a TAS, please make more use of rewinding and rerecording, so that every action appears precise in the end. Our best TASes have tens of thousands of retries and more to gain the precision and polish they portray.
When creating a TAS, please make ample use of our forums where you can discuss with viewers and other players techniques and strategy, as well as receive reviews and advice for works-in-progress (WIP). You can upload WIPs for casual review and discussion without submitting them to the full publication process.
We look forward to seeing more material from you.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced player (630)
wut.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I'm confused. Is this a hack, or is this the wrong title for "Donkey Kong Country 2"?
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
mklip2001 wrote:
I'm confused. Is this a hack, or is this the wrong title for "Donkey Kong Country 2"?
"Super Donkey Kong 2: Dixie & Diddy" is the transliteration of Donkey Kong Country 2's Japanese title.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Post subject: Re: #4405: MegYesDKNo's SNES Super Donkey Kong 2: Dixie and Diddy "51%" in 1:41:17.01
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2121)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
And also, one of the levels in Krazy Kremland had a few trys untill I beat the world.
Haha, okay. Once again, this isn't a TAS. This is a very lazy speedrun with a couple savestates every now and then. It's over 20 minutes slower than the 102% TAS. If you're aware of other TASes of this game, perhaps you could... Oh, I don't know, learn from them?
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Guga
He/Him
"51%"? Wherever you look at it, it just seems like you choose an arbitrary number so you could get the record.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
We can be nicer than this. MegYesDKNo: I'm glad to see you enjoy Donkey Kong Country 2. However, when you submit a movie to a site that maintains speed records, you need to do a little research to see what the records are. There are currently published movies which are much faster and more precise than your run. Don't be discouraged though; the first run is usually not good enough yet. We have discussion forums for learning more about the game, submitting Works-In-Progress, and improving yourself. There's a lot to learn about making TAS movies!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Glitcher
He/Him
You know, I like to think that "no one gets it right the first time". But in your case, you got it very... very... wrong...
Obvious no. That said while we're on the subject of the game, I did want to point this out to any TASer who wanted to take a crack at the game again for an any% category: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEC-T9wCvEY This saves 55 seconds in RTA over previous routes, including the current TAS which is pretty massive. It would be great to see another TASer who's worth their salt to take another look at the game, as the realtime community feels the game still holds a lot more secrets than this for both RTA and TAS :)[/video]
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Glitcher wrote:
But in your case, you got it very... very... wrong...
...By more than an hour...
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Why not 69%?
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
"Anyways, this is going to be the best TAS ever!" I'm giving you the best yes vote ever!
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
EgixBacon
He/Him
Player (181)
My inner voice told me to vote Yes out of pure sympathy.
FanFiction|Youtube Still on Win7! Take that, Microsoft!
Expert player (2582)
I didn't watch it yet, so I can't vote, but this is interesting;
Garrison wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEC-T9wCvEY This saves 55 seconds in RTA over previous routes, including the current TAS
Nice find. Thank you, Garrison for sharing this new wrong warp glitch.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Very entertaining description text 10/10 would read again. Yes vote.
Expert player (2582)
mklip2001 wrote:
We can be nicer than this.
Can we? Really? I don't know, but I sense something strange coming from this submission. I stopped watching at three minutes or so, but it's enough to vote No on this one. I just don't get why people pay attention to this kind of submission, when there are lots of legit runs which have almost no replies...
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Dooty: You have good points. I haven't actually watched this run or voted on it. I didn't say this was a good run. However, I like to think that we should give new runners the benefit of the doubt, like they didn't understand the site but were eager to try and make movies. If they actually cause problems in the future, there are administrative ways to deal with that. As for why people pay attention, it's not fair that this gets so much attention, but I think I know two reasons why. 1) This is a really popular game, so people are more likely to know what to expect. 2) It's more obvious what the level of the quality is, so it takes less effort to make a comment. I'm not saying these are good reasons, but those seem plausible to me.
Expert player (2582)
Thank you, mklip2001. I didn't mean to be rude or anything like that, but the the level of silliness of his run is simply too high. It's hard to believe he is a newbie playing the game, rather, it looks like someone who knows pretty well what he's doing. I might well be completely wrong, in which case I apologise, MegYesDKNo.
Player (228)
Dooty wrote:
I just don't get why people pay attention to this kind of submission, when there are lots of legit runs which have almost no replies...
It's because trolls will automatically gain more attention than people doing solid but uninteresting runs of games no-one knows much about. "You sure did play that game really fast I guess" isn't really a post that feels good to make, but sometimes that's all you can really say after watching a run. And sure, it is an assumption that this person is a troll rather than just a newbie... but I'm assuming that a person who joined two days ago, was online for barely over a minute, made 0 posts, and submitted "the best TAS ever" in the "51%" category is a troll rather than someone who's just legitimately confused. I think that assuming this is all part of some elaborate and obscure joke is both the more interesting option as well as the more positive one. If MegYesDKNo really is just new to TASing, I recommend he take some time to do some more research before launching into any future projects. Sure, it takes 30 times the work to spend a month making something good than to throw something together in a day... but the end result is more than 30 times more satisfying. If you're merely uninformed about what this site is about, I recommend reading the FAQ, welcome page, submission rules and guidelines to get a handle on why people are reacting poorly to your submission. If he is a troll, on the other had, I still recommend putting some more effort into it. More people would be able to subject themselves to your creation if you had included an encode on youtube or a similar site. Most rerecording emulators will export a video file, and it doesn't take much work to learn how to produce a passable encode with something like virtualdub. Alternatively, a little more work can add additional layers to the joke, such as uploading your two-hour encode in segments out of order, or recording it by filming your monitor with a hand camera as your emulator plays back the TAS.
Expert player (2582)
BrotherMojo wrote:
uninteresting runs of games no-one knows much about.
Yeah, sure, but we won't have new Mario, Zelda or Metroid runs so often. Also, a "Yes, your run's quite good" sometimes is all a TASer ask for, as it shows that people is supporting his effort.
BrotherMojo wrote:
a person who joined two days ago, was online for barely over a minute
Oh, I see. Lots of sites require the user to have some kind of "fidelity" to the comunity before one can download, or upload something to the site. Isn't it time to adopt something similar here? For example, you must have that amount of posts before you're able to submit a movie, or you must vote in a certain number of runs. I know a troll can also post and vote, if his main objective is "trolling", but it may discourage some of them.
BrotherMojo wrote:
or recording it by filming your monitor with a hand camera as your emulator plays back the TAS.
:)
Patashu
He/Him
Dooty wrote:
BrotherMojo wrote:
a person who joined two days ago, was online for barely over a minute
Oh, I see. Lots of sites require the user to have some kind of "fidelity" to the comunity before one can download, or upload something to the site. Isn't it time to adopt something similar here? For example, you must have that amount of posts before you're able to submit a movie, or you must vote in a certain number of runs. I know a troll can also post and vote, if his main objective is "trolling", but it may discourage some of them.
Disagree. Many of our best TASes are from Japanese TASers who are not interested in posting in the forum, but we appreciate their work very much regardless.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Editor, Expert player (2015)
How about a 7 day delay before movie posting is allowed? That would probably stave off one-off trolls.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Honestly, troll submissions aren't THAT common. I hope nobody lost too much time watching the movie, realizing its quality, and then stopping. I don't see the need to make it harder for someone to submit. As long as they have some way of contacting them, that's what matters. If people want to submit poor submissions and get poor feedback on them, that's their choice.
Player (228)
Dooty wrote:
Also, a "Yes, your run's quite good" sometimes is all a TASer ask for, as it shows that people is supporting his effort.
It's true, but that doesn't change the fact that it's not something that feels good to say. Forum conversation isn't really like actually talking with a room full of people. If someone says or presents something that people approve of, you'll get a lot of murmurs and gestures of appreciation from the crowd. In a forum, however, it takes a lot of effort to actually put those feelings into words... and generally if all you can say is "quite good" it feels awkward. That's often how I feel at least, because I feel like I should be saying more but can't find the words to do so.
Dooty wrote:
Lots of sites require the user to have some kind of "fidelity" to the comunity before one can download, or upload something to the site. Isn't it time to adopt something similar here?
I have to agree with Patashu and mklip2001 here. We already have the review system in place so low-quality runs, whether due to trolling or otherwise, generally won't get published. A rejected submission isn't much different from a WIP and a forum post. Most sites that have such a restriction do so for space and bandwidth concerns. I suspect the site doesn't get so much throughput that the handful of megabytes that the input file and submission text take up could really be a huge problem unless somebody somehow rigged up a bot to spam enormous numbers of submissions.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
The problem with fidelity systems or other anti-troll measures is they also block legitimate submissions from e.g. Japanese TASers from nicovideo or the like (who may not speak English, and thus are unlikely to post in the forums). Other anti-submission systems like delays also possibly just scare them off from submitting when they're allowed to. That's why we won't be introducing any such systems.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.