Game Object

• Emulator used:VBA-rr 23.6
  • Starts from SRAM (the same as what cpadolf used)
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Takes damage to save time

About the Run

222 frames faster than current movie.

Improvements

• When passing the doors, sliding is faster than the way in previous runs.
  • Optimized the Creaking Skull fight.
  • Improved the way of dodging enemies.
  • Changed the way of entering Manticore's boss room. The spike gear stops moving when it is outside of the screen, thus the position of it can be manipulated and save time exiting the room.
  • Julius can't jump again in the midair after whipping, but he can jump again after spinning whip (even for only 1 frame). This was used to improve the Graham fight, in which once fewer axe was used in the first form and once more axe was used in the second form. The third form remained unchanged.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Another nice run of this category. Accepting as an improvement to the published run.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
PCachu
He/Him
In this video, Julius shows his love for the Commodore 64's SID sound chip by demonstrating the sawtooth waveform everywhere he goes.
Active player (469)
Link to video Comparison Old(left) vs. New(right)
More 'ule' love, woohoo. Pity it takes a side by side comparison to see any differences, but improvements are improvements.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Nice improvement. Julius mode runs never get old. hellagels, how is the Julius All Bosses run progressing?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
That was very exciting. Nice improvemenet, yes vote.
hellagels
He/Him
Experienced player (758)
Mothrayas wrote:
hellagels, how is the Julius All Bosses run progressing?
We are now redoing the run and fighting the first boss. The project is slowly going on for Pike's and my summer is over.
Current projects: Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Editor, Expert player (2015)
ULEULEULEULEULE 4 evar Yes vote
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2689] GBA Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow "Julius mode" by hellagels & mtbRc in 03:53.83