(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator:FCEUX 2.2.0
  • Aims for the fastest time
This is my first submission movies, and is my first TAS on Super Jeopardy! for Nintendo Enterainment System. I made this movie for 3 days, I total used 7 hours for 3 days. this movie ended at 2014-09-27 08:26:49.
The frame was just an integer, I'm so lucky!

Screenshots:

• (My nickname's abbreviation was MUZ.)
[dead links removed]
Please download fm2 file and enjoy!
Current movie:Click this.←Current movie was ended at 59082, so the time length was 16:23.08.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Hello MarioUniverseZone, and welcome to TASVideos. Unfortunately, I'll have to reject your submission. The Vault movie rules state that game show runs are not accepted; this means that for such a run to be published on the site, it has to do something special and entertain the audience. Just filling in the answers quickly and correctly does not cut it.
Additionally, as shown in the thread, the answers can be input faster by abusing the text parser to omit certain letters. Note, however, that even such a run would not be acceptable for publication on this site.
Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4447: MarioUniverseZone's NES Super Jeopardy! in 16:55.00
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Input ends at 60999 should be ending at 59081. I don't like trivia games especially for a TAS (Unless done right) you need to find a way to use the shortest possible responses. For example you answered "April Fools Day" for one of the questions the shorter answer is "AprilFol" No Vote. Edit: 1 Example out of many within the TAS: Note: My vote was based on the branch bring titled "fastest time" before I removed it due to it being a branch name which wasn't needed. Edit 2: In the TAS you avoid doing Rock and Roll 500 first instead you do Astrnomy 500. To Note: Rock and Roll's 500 is the box already selected, the input then moves right to get away which slows you down because you have to go back and that wastes time. Edit 3: You do not give it to the AI if you're doing your answers! Edit 4: For an example. Here's an entire line completed.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
Too easy game for TASing! Typing right answers in the fastest time is not entertaining or challenging! No vote even for Vault!
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
I do not find this entertaining. Need something more creative. Agree with Dimon12321 and voting the same.
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
According to Vault rules, game show games are not eligible, and thus, to be published on this site, a run like this should do something more special to entertain the audience (see: Family Feud). Just filling in the answers as fast and correct as possible doesn't cut it.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
And when this game was played by Moons laws, it was rejected #3965: c-square's NES Super Jeopardy! in 25:28.57
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
This type of game is specifically not vaultable. However, Spikestuff's idea with exploiting its primitive spell check, does add an interesting dimension to optimizing. Enough to not be trivial perhaps?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: Re: #4447: MarioUniverseZone's NES Super Jeopardy! in 16:55.0
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Click this.←Current movie was ended at 59082, so the time length was 16:23.08.
Still keeping it at No for the same reasons when it was branched "fastest time". No point on shaving the ending frames when everything else is done wrong.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Post subject: Re: #4447: MarioUniverseZone's NES Super Jeopardy! in 16:55.0
Skilled player (1435)
Even if ignore the fact that game itself boring, "fastest time" challenge also was failed due suboptimal-long answers as was proved by Spike. Not voted because i sure that it will be rejected even without my additional "no".
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!
Spikestuff wrote:
For example you answered "April Fools Day" for one of the questions the shorter answer is "AprilFol"
Ancient, but can you explain the text parser to me?
I didn't kill donkey, I saved it. Current projects: Misc Donkey hacks :) Past projects: Pacifist DKC1 DKC1 Entrance randomizer DKC2 Entrance randomizer DKDC (a troll hack of DKC1) DKC1 Enemy randomizer (among other things)
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
It seems to be the same as any other game like this with a text parser: It only checks for specific letters in a specific order, it doesn't check for complete phrases, meaning if you play around with spelling and dropped letters you can easily find acceptable phrases that are much shorter than the actual correct answer, i.e "AprilFol" as opposed to "April Fools Day". This is how runs like Family Feud and the other Super Jeopardy run were able to insert entire random phrases as answers: The parser would take something like... A PRIEST LEFT FOR IRELAND ...which isn't a funny phrase but then again I'm not a funny person, and it would detect... A PRIest LeFt fOr ireLand ...because it only checks for those particular letters being in that order. I guess since the topic's up, I never 100% agreed that all game show games should be banned for Vault, though it should still be fairly strictly judged. There would have to be heavy manipulation involved to get as short of answers as possible for each question (a few submissions, including the first Family Feud submission, have done this), as opposed to just nothing but menuing as fast as possible (which should always be rightfully rejected). We're allowing some sports games now under the same general sort of restrictions, I think it may be high time to consider what actually can and can't be TASed to the site's standards.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Samsara wrote:
It seems to be the same as any other game like this with a text parser: It only checks for specific letters in a specific order, it doesn't check for complete phrases, meaning if you play around with spelling and dropped letters you can easily find acceptable phrases that are much shorter than the actual correct answer, i.e "AprilFol" as opposed to "April Fools Day".
I guess my ultimate question is how do you find the characters required? Guess and check?
I didn't kill donkey, I saved it. Current projects: Misc Donkey hacks :) Past projects: Pacifist DKC1 DKC1 Entrance randomizer DKC2 Entrance randomizer DKDC (a troll hack of DKC1) DKC1 Enemy randomizer (among other things)
Pretty much. Unless the parser itself tells you (directly or indirectly).
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
Even Family Feud on the NES you have to put in 3, 4, or 5 characters or at least half the answer. And Classic Concentration to a lesser extent.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
RainbowSprinklez wrote:
Samsara wrote:
It seems to be the same as any other game like this with a text parser: It only checks for specific letters in a specific order, it doesn't check for complete phrases, meaning if you play around with spelling and dropped letters you can easily find acceptable phrases that are much shorter than the actual correct answer, i.e "AprilFol" as opposed to "April Fools Day".
I guess my ultimate question is how do you find the characters required? Guess and check?
That, or find the answers in RAM. I know from SNES Family Feud at least that it had a series of memory addresses where the expected (minimal) phrases were stored as ASCII strings. With a tool like BizHawk's hex editor where you can see the RAM as both hex and ascii characters, it's easy to find such phrases just by scrolling through RAM while in game.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Mothrayas wrote:
That, or find the answers in RAM. I know from SNES Family Feud at least that it had a series of memory addresses where the expected (minimal) phrases were stored as ASCII strings. With a tool like BizHawk's hex editor where you can see the RAM as both hex and ascii characters, it's easy to find such phrases just by scrolling through RAM while in game.
Thank you SO much! This helped me enough to get going!