Submission Text Full Submission Page
tas of the legend of zelda a link to the past no shudden sword in ~3min40
~10000 rerecord but i have a problem with count rerecord in my file

feos: This run is sloppy, and it's visible to most of the viewers. However, this kind of a run can be accepted if done well, because different system ports runs don't obsolete each other (anymore). But yes, it will still look like some outdated SNES ALTTP run, so nothing much to expect entertainment-wise. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Player (23)
my tas of the legend of zelda started on 20 february 2014
Experienced player (703)
I think your input isn't correctly ended...
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Player (23)
i forgot stop my movie at 25 000 frames
Experienced player (703)
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (480)
I think you're TASing games so fast! Do you understand that your runs aren't well optimized? This game is already TASed! Waiting for encode to compare.
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
Post subject: Re: #4457: gamerretro2's GBA The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past in 14:24.86
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2121)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
~10000 rerecord but i have a problem with count rerecord in my file
Thank you, I needed a good laugh.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Player (23)
no i ve done 10 000 rerecord but i had a problem with emulator i have 2 desync
Experienced player (703)
Dimon12321 wrote:
I think you're TASing games so fast! Do you understand that your runs aren't well optimized? This game is already TASed! Waiting for encode to compare.
The TAS of Tompalala gets to Palace of Four Swords, a different place, only accessible via Four Swords, gamerretro gets into the the final room, those are different branch.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
got4n wrote:
Tompalala
Correction it's Tompalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal*more la here*lala's thing also don't take my thing~! (I could got for more la) Anyways time will tell when Mr. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala*more la here*lala will come just to wreck house.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (703)
Spikestuff wrote:
got4n wrote:
Tompalala
Correction it's Tompalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal*more la here*lala's thing also don't take my thing~! (I could got for more la) Anyways time will tell when Mr. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala*more la here*lala will come just to wreck house.
TOMPALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA
Glitcher
He/Him
What the hell is a "shudden sword"?
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (480)
Here is another submission: #3563: MTA's GBA The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past in 04:39.03 Even faster, but cancelled.
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
Player (23)
i am not used the sword sorry my english is bad i am french
Player (23)
oh to bad
Active player (276)
Before you TAS a game: do your research. Is there an existing TAS or realtime run, and check the time of those. If you can beat the TAS especially, or at the very least the realtime run, that will be the first point. Second is to go over each section and wonder: can it be done faster? Try it out, go over every part of the run with a fine tooth comb. Learn to use frame advance and go one frame at a time to get the best approach for each part of the game. When you can do that, and have a run that beats existing records and at least looks optimised, then you may consider submitting. Check with other TASers, they may spot improvements you miss - fresh eyes can be the best after all. Only after doing all this should you consider submitting. TASing is all about being the most optimal in the shortest amount of time, not just doing a run once and figuring that is good enough. Be the best, and go for it!!
Editor, Expert player (2012)
Knock it off with making TASes in like 3 days. You should know that they're not optimized. Please don't be like "Oh, I took damage here? No big deal, I'll totally be forgiven. I didn't test this jump to see if it was faster? Oh well, they won't mind." TASvideos is the site for the most optimized TASes on the web. It is not the place for RTA runs, which is more what your TASes are turning into.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Someone should explain him the point of tool-assisted speedrunning and rules of this community in his native language (feeuzz, here?)
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Player (23)
yes but i don't know serve ram watch my next run will better optimised
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
WST wrote:
Someone should explain him the point of tool-assisted speedrunning and rules of this community in his native language (feeuzz, here?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNrJ9G8-Do
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Player (23)
TASeditor wrote:
WST wrote:
thank's i never watched this video
Active player (306)
TASeditor wrote:
WST wrote:
And with more content (this video is included inside, too) we have a french TASing guide made by STBM: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13224 In french: gamerretro2, va lire ce topic: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13224 En entier, vidéos comprises. (bon ok pour commencer, la partie sur l'encodage n'est pas obligatoire...) C'est un guide qui couvre assez bien ce qu'est un TAS et comment on fait. Beaucoup de concepts de base importants comme l'optimisation, le frame advance et autres outils et techniques... En bref, ça te donnera des bonnes infos sur le concept du TASing et les moyens employés. Ensuite il faut de la patience, le souci du détail (une frame est une frame, et chacune compte), une bonne connaissance du jeu et... L'envie de faire du TAS, mais ça on voit que tu l'as déjà :P Le souci c'est que tu fais tes runs bien trop vite, donc avec plein d'erreurs, et en plus tu les soumets les unes après les autres telles quelles; il y a de quoi exaspérer un paquet de membres du site, autant de gens qui ne risquent pas de vouloir t'aider quand tu feras du TAS plus sérieusement.
Player (23)
Grincevent wrote:
TASeditor wrote:
WST wrote:
And with more content (this video is included inside, too) we have a french TASing guide made by STBM: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13224 In french: gamerretro2, va lire ce topic: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13224 En entier, vidéos comprises. (bon ok pour commencer, la partie sur l'encodage n'est pas obligatoire...) C'est un guide qui couvre assez bien ce qu'est un TAS et comment on fait. Beaucoup de concepts de base importants comme l'optimisation, le frame advance et autres outils et techniques... En bref, ça te donnera des bonnes infos sur le concept du TASing et les moyens employés. Ensuite il faut de la patience, le souci du détail (une frame est une frame, et chacune compte), une bonne connaissance du jeu et... L'envie de faire du TAS, mais ça on voit que tu l'as déjà :P Le souci c'est que tu fais tes runs bien trop vite, donc avec plein d'erreurs, et en plus tu les soumets les unes après les autres telles quelles; il y a de quoi exaspérer un paquet de membres du site, autant de gens qui ne risquent pas de vouloir t'aider quand tu feras du TAS plus sérieusement.
merci vous me conseillez quoi comme tas qui soit asser facile (est que j'ai légalement bien sur) si j'ai fait des tas aussi rapidement c'est que j’aimerai bien être invité a l’émission de realmyop
Experienced player (703)
gamerretro2 wrote:
Grincevent wrote:
TASeditor wrote:
WST wrote:
merci vous me conseillez quoi comme tas qui soit asser facile (est que j'ai légalement bien sur) si j'ai fait des tas aussi rapidement c'est que j’aimerai bien être invité a l’émission de realmyop
Si ton objectif c'est passer chez realmyop, je te conseille d'arrêter les TAS, les TAS pour moi, ça représente la passion d'un joueur, voir a quel point il peut travailler sur un jeu pour le pousser a ses limites... Et un TAS ne se fait pas en un jour mon TAS de Rayman Advance m'a pris plusieurs mois lol :P
N'oublions pas le temps qu'a pris le TAS de Super mario world 2: Yoshi's Island.