• Emulator used: psxjin 2.0.2
  • BIOS: scph-1000
  • Genre: Fighting
  • Uses hardest difficulty
  • Aims for in-game time instead of real-time
  • Luck manipulation
  • No damage
Trick and Tips
  • Make more damage: attack when enemy attacking or make behind attacks will help more damage.
  • Fake actions: it's for luck manipulation, make enemy change actions
  • Enemy defense stats: on per enemy, they have not same defense stats. It mean with a same attack or combo, they have damage receive aren't same
  • 100% combo: my best combo for Haohmaru (I was used in real life at longtime ago): Jump strong slash, stand strong slash, go to behind then make Kogetsuzan Rush skill
  • Kogetsuzan Rush skill: this's hidden move, it's multti-hits with little delays. When enemy eat first hit, they still can block next hits or make counter attack. It mean I must control enemy for make damage enough
  • Doll transformation: om, nom, nom, it's nothing, just for fun :)
  • Skip Kuroko: this's hidden boss, I think don't need meet him for save time
Possible faster
  • PSX version have alot lag frames and loading time, Arcade version can pass this. (I was tried but give up because crash problems)
  • If can make luck manipulation good more than, then should receive damage when make last hit (both get damage) for pass perfect win. It'll save more frames
  • Do with character have high attacks stats will help gain more damage. I think Genjuro is best but not sure, I can't make calculator stats

feos: Accepting to Vault.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4469: NhatNM's PSX Samurai Shodown II in 17:10.02
Active player (432)
Too many repetitive moves. Voting unforunately no.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Editor, Experienced player (894)
Holy slowdown! I know the slowdown emphasizes attacks, but seriously... I think the developers may have overdone it. Otherwise this seems like a pretty cool game, with colorful oriental settings and characters. The loading times are a bit of a drag, though. And since this is a fighting game speed TAS, it is assured that eventually it becomes a little repetitive to watch... I'm voting meh. Is there a big difference in this game when going for in-game time versus real time? Is that a sort of "flawless victory" screen at the end of the match that you could skip by taking damage at some point? (Although it looks like taking damage is quite slow in this game, and wouldn't save time regardless.)
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
For Arcade version, it don't have loading time, it'll help faster in real time. (maybe only need under 10 minutes for beat game) This game allow both get damage in same time. I was try take damge for save time at start round but got slower because my character got stun. That's why I think best way for save time need take damage at last hit by a single hit only. My strategy and luck manipulation can't do that. I'm show my idea for who want try in future Yes, make speed TAS for fighting game alway boring. I was try change attack style in every rounds but must still fast as possible for reduce little boring
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
xxNKxx wrote:
For Arcade version, it don't have loading time, it'll help faster in real time. (maybe only need under 10 minutes for beat game) This game allow both get damage in same time. I was try take damge for save time at start round but got slower because my character got stun. That's why I think best way for save time need take damage at last hit by a single hit only. My strategy and luck manipulation can't do that. I'm show my idea for who want try in future Yes, make speed TAS for fighting game alway boring. I was try change attack style in every rounds but must still fast as possible for reduce little boring
So what was the goal then? Speed except where you got bored? Anyway: 3:35 misposition yourself so half the super is whiffing 9:05 whiffed (heavy) attack 12:37 whiffed (heavy) attack
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I don't really understand your mean Speed, yes I'm still targeting it. just didn't use one action one every rounds 3:35 <--- If you see, when enemy have max power, it'll make charge and will have no damage with every attacks in little time. That's why at that combo, first , I must make a strong attack for it gain power faster more than, then when it done charge my skill still alive (without that, my skill will miss at last hit and can't kill enemy) 9:05 and 12:37, huh? what you mean? damage? It's by enemy defense stat Edit: oops I forgot, at 3:35, if do that skill without make strong attack before, it'll not enough damage. and the skill I make late a little for wait enemy done charge
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Tangent wrote:
Anyway: 3:35 misposition yourself so half the super is whiffing 9:05 whiffed (heavy) attack 12:37 whiffed (heavy) attack
1. Maybe that was done on purpose. The other hits weren’t necessary to kill, and hitting them would cause lag. Dunno. 2. The air attack? Has barely any lag if even. Might’ve been done for manipulation. 3. Now that’s actually pretty bad. I guess it was done for manipulation but that actually cost time. Run doesn’t seem to go for fastest time though so it’s not vaultable…
Even if on purpose, it looks sloppy to whiff like that and the lack of them in the other parts I watched (admittedly, I skipped around, so it wasn't comprehensive) makes it especially stand out. I'm pretty sure that I saw one super that was half blocked as well. But mostly, I'm sure it's the obvious lack of picking a clear goal that's going to get this rejected.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
…why is it sloppy if it’s done to be faster? Blocked super also avoids the hit lag, hits that are not necessary to kill are better whiffed or blocked, probably. Just sounds like you can’t understand the intelligent reason behind actions and count them as sloppy. Also if anything this was supposed to be a vault run, so entertainment is irrelevant, but even then it seems like NK didn’t always go for the fastest strategy so idk…
Active player (434)
bad version,seems fast though!
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
All you there forgot some things I said: - Most my attacks have more damage by counter attack - Kogetsuzan Rush skill have delay time, enemy still can block or counter attack after get first hit - Enemies defense stats aren't same, mean with same attack or same combo haven't same damage. Example my 100% combo, some battle it haven't enough damage That's why if I do repeat actions in every round, it's not faster more than (by don't have more damage, by enemy block my attack, enemy do charge when max power for dodge attacks,etc) The ways possible faster I said just are my ideas, I was try alot but for fail
Experienced player (501)
a little question about fighting game : when aims for fastest time, are we allow on TASvideo to set the battle on 1 round instead of two? for the submission, i'm a little confuse cause i know you can't (maybe it's the same for everyone) TAS it on FBA, but he psx version is really a pain to watch...(loading, please wait...)
ACE is my raison d'etre!
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
xxNKxx wrote:
The ways possible faster I said just are my ideas, I was try alot but for fail
When you said this it sounded like you weren’t going for the fastest possible way every time:
xxNKxx wrote:
I was try change attack style in every rounds but must still fast as possible for reduce little boring
But if you were then ok… that’d make it vaultable.
ALAKTORN wrote:
…why is it sloppy if it’s done to be faster? Blocked super also avoids the hit lag, hits that are not necessary to kill are better whiffed or blocked, probably. Just sounds like you can’t understand the intelligent reason behind actions and count them as sloppy.
Because I find the assumption that he needed to manipulate the AI using attacks only a couple times, and that both of them were required to be slow heavy attacks on completely thin air nowhere near the opponent, to be ridiculous.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I know jump attack when enemy standing is best way for start combo, but it's not alway possible by AI, manipulate just help change some actions, it's not control enemy do what I want
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2709] PSX Samurai Shodown II by NhatNM in 17:10.02
Post subject: Re: Movie published
EgixBacon
He/Him
Player (181)
I've just noticed that the title says 'Shodown' instead of 'Showdown'. Is this a mistake?
FanFiction|Youtube Still on Win7! Take that, Microsoft!
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
EgixBacon
He/Him
Player (181)
feos wrote:
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/samurai-shodown-series
Ah, I stand corrected. Must be a Combat/Kombat kind of thing :)
FanFiction|Youtube Still on Win7! Take that, Microsoft!
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Thanks all voted :D