(Link to video)

Information

Only one textbox skip in the first level as Aang jumps up to hit the crystal.
No glitches or other skips found in this TAS.

Special Thanks

Sir VG for making the speedrun, it was an excellent guide for this TAS.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: A technically sound run, but entertainment-wise the game is largely quite dull and uneventful. Accepting for the Vault.
feos: Mine!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4522: solarplex's GBA Avatar: The Last Airbender in 55:38.04
Experienced player (630)
Woa solar that was quick. :P
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Active player (469)
Haha yeah, due to the fact the game doesnt have very many enemies, it was very easy to just hug walls and cut corners.
I think this is a good run, however the game lacks entertainment, weak yes
TAS Projects: MK64 ,and OotMQ any%
Active player (469)
Yeah, I went into this knowing it was a vault run at best. It was a fun thing to TAS, using GBAHawk for the first time, getting one last completed TAS before year's end!
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
There's a spot where I know you did it like my speedrun, but as I watch it again I question whether I missed a possible faster move. Starting at 34:31, I wonder if it's faster to drain out the water from the bucket, use Aang's Air Gust to move the thing instead of pulling it through the entire puzzle. It IS possible to do, I just don't know whether it's faster or not.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Active player (469)
Sir VG wrote:
There's a spot where I know you did it like my speedrun, but as I watch it again I question whether I missed a possible faster move. Starting at 34:31, I wonder if it's faster to drain out the water from the bucket, use Aang's Air Gust to move the thing instead of pulling it through the entire puzzle. It IS possible to do, I just don't know whether it's faster or not.
Hey Sir VG :) I think I PMed you a long time ago about taking over this TAS from you but you never replied. That part would need some testing. As I do something similar in the fire dungeon (@14:14). Another Spot that I noticed was slow was the Earthbender Boss, The last round I place him on the lower right vent, when I should have placed him Top Right so I would be closer to the Finish after killing him.
Active player (258)
From a technical standpoint, I like the TAS and appreciate the effort put into it, but I always found the game to be a bit boring for the most part. Personally, I think the second game would make for a better TAS honestly. From what I've dabbled with there's quite a number more skips and clipping opportunities in that. But I digress... Meh.
Somewhat damaged.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I have to agree with TehBerral. It was nice seeing the optimized movement and quick fights, but the slow movement speed and all its puzzles made it not so entertaining. Voting Meh.
TehBerral wrote:
Personally, I think the second game would make for a better TAS honestly. From what I've dabbled with there's quite a number more skips and clipping opportunities in that. But I digress... Meh.
Could you make a topic for it and share what you've found? I was thinking of running that one sometime (preferably on mGBA when it's ready for TASing).
Active player (258)
CoolKirby wrote:
Could you make a topic for it and share what you've found? I was thinking of running that one sometime (preferably on mGBA when it's ready for TASing).
Sure, once I get a moment, but it's just a couple small things so far. I hadn't found much besides being able to avoid an enemy spawn here or there, or clipping though a moving obstacle once or twice. Nothing major, but I haven't gotten that deep into the game.
Somewhat damaged.
Active player (469)
Doing the second and third avatar were something I was thinking about after finishing this one. Technically I wanted to attempt the GameCube Avatar Game, but dolphin seems to have a problem with it (it could have been a bad rom though).
Editor, Experienced player (608)
solarplex wrote:
Doing the second and third avatar were something I was thinking about after finishing this one.
Oops, then I'll let you have it. The game's thread should be near the top of the GBA Games subforum. I'll be following your progress, since I used to enjoy playing this when I was younger.
Active player (469)
CoolKirby wrote:
solarplex wrote:
Doing the second and third avatar were something I was thinking about after finishing this one.
Oops, then I'll let you have it. The game's thread should be near the top of the GBA Games subforum. I'll be following your progress, since I used to enjoy playing this when I was younger.
na na na, you can have the second game, ill do the third :)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2750] GBA Avatar: The Last Airbender by solarplex in 55:38.04
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I don't know if I'd call this an RPG. It's more Action-Adventure.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing