Post subject: Rookie of 2014 - solarplex
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Please nominate eligible TASers. Voting now (until about 2015-01-15 0:00 UTC) Nominations Rookie of 2014: Alyosha arandomgameTASer Archanfel Dimon12321 ForgoneMoose Kurabupengin mamuuuut solarplex TheYogWog Tseralith The winner: solarplex
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
I nominate: ForgoneMoose, for going out and dominating Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in every category solarplex, for his work on a wide variety of runs arandomgameTASer, for creating some nice runs, with Shantae being the most stand-out one.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
Lots of impressive newcomers on the scene, but I've gotta say that I was particularly impressed with Dimon12321. After a couple of gruefood submissions, he improved quickly and cranked out a number of entertaining Genesis runs during the latter half of 2014 (I particularly enjoyed Zero Tolerance). *honorable mention to Spikestuff for correcting Dimon's inputs ;) *
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Tseralith and mamuuuut.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Experienced player (630)
solarplex, randomgameTASer and that guy that TASed that Pokemans Gameboy bootleg.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Emulator Coder
Kurabupengin wrote:
that guy that TASed that Pokemans Gameboy bootleg.
Are we seriously supposed to understand from vague references who you're talking about? You must be referring to Mothrayas, but he's not a Rookie anymore, and therefore ineligible. If you want to correct me on this post, please upgrade your sarcasm detector.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
I nominate: randomgameTASer solarplex Tseralith mamuuuut
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Archanfel Dimon12321 mamuuuut Alyosha TheYogWog
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
Kurabupengin wrote:
that guy that TASed that Pokemans Gameboy bootleg.
I'll make that nomination official, then. You've improved a hell of a lot since joining, which is what I personally find most befitting of the award: Having the dedication to keep trying and improving your skills is an example that more rookies should be learning from. All my other choices were brought up already... Damn, this year's been really good for newcomers. This one's gonna be close.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
I'm going to nominate the following users: ForgoneMoose solarplex Dimon12321 (he's improved a lot since his first few TASes) arandomgameTASer Alyosha (just joined recently, already made two good TASes)
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Editor, Expert player (2001)
Solarplex. Not only did he create a lot of notable TASes, but he is incredibly helpful around the forums.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
GoddessMaria
She/Her
Reviewer, Experienced player (849)
I shall nominate: ForgoneMoose arandomgameTASer Dimon12321 Solarplex
Current projects: failing at life
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
I voted for solarplex. It was a tough choice between him and Forgone Moose. I happen to know that Forgone Moose's work is well optimized and consistently high quality. He also has the most published movies this year. But when I think about the type of TASer I think has the brighest future in TASing and will be the type I most enjoy, I prefer those that can handle a variety of platforms/emulators/genres over those who become the master of a single game. With that, the tie breaker went to solarplex.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Editor
As far as my opinion matters to anyone else, solarplex is not just the Rookie of the year but the Rookie of all time.