I rewatched my old run then I felt it could be improvable for some reason. To my surprise, I succeeded to improve for real (it's 12 frames improvement).

About this run

0~11731
I couldn't find any improvement.
11732~11853
I used crouched big jump twice to avoid touching wall. 4 frames faster.
12248~12283
I touched a woman NPC accidentally, I fixed it in this run. 2 frames faster.
13870~last
For some reason, I forgot to use corner platform for last jump in previous run. I fixed it too. 6 frames faster.

feos: Accepting this improvement. To encoder: don't forget the secret message at the end.
Guga: Processing... Will not forget the secret message.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4570: illayaya's NES Takeshi no Chousenjou "warp glitch" in 03:51.80
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
Lol 0x. Wasn’t this the game that required you to wait for 1 hour doing nothing to progress? I wonder how the TAS gets around that. I’ll wait for an encode.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
ALAKTORN: It's actually 5 minutes. If you get the old man to show you the map, which looks like a blank piece of paper, you have to wait around for 5 minutes. However, I think the game still gives you the ability to progress if you beat up the old man instead of letting him show you the map. That's what the short runs here have all done. was0x: It's not much improvement, but 12 frames is still an improvement! Good job, but I'm not sure if it's interesting enough to a general audience member to recommend it for Moons. I like it, personally.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
There are several methods to reveal the map, the best one requires a waiting of five minutes, the worst one requires waiting one hour.
No.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
mklip2001 wrote:
However, I think the game still gives you the ability to progress if you beat up the old man instead of letting him show you the map.
I think that the game here intends that, after you sing the karaoke, you beat up some NPCs and then the old man will show up and trigger the map menu, then you choose either the 5-minute option or the 1-hour option, and then after that you beat him up. In this TAS, you beat him up and leave before the map menu is triggered. Since this run glitches to the end, the only thing that matters is beating the old man up, and not the map. Edit: To whoever is encoding this run: Please include the secret message at the end. It occurs about 5 minutes after the apparent end screen.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2780] NES Takeshi no Chousenjou "warp glitch" by illayaya in 03:51.80