• Takes damage for save time
  • Uses warps
  • Uses hardest difficulty
  • Uses death for save time
  • Heavy glitch abuse
  • Genre action , platform
Explanations on this run's improvements:
Most of the time saved came from some OoB using the fact that at the beginning of each level, the inputs usually used for doing double jumps automatically created a glitch with the character's sprite; knowing that he is loaded first, then the enemies and the level itself is loaded last, I managed to discover that if a collision between the character and an enemy occurs before the game loads the level, it is possible to force the game to eject the player past the map's boudaries. I've also found 2 other OoB that unfortunately lead to instant death because you end up "spawning" in the water or inside spikes!!
I've also saved time with route optimizations, which was not easy because sonikkustar's run was very well done on that front, hats off to him since gaining those few frames has been a tough job!!
Last bits: an improvement on the lava boss where I manipulated him to come faster to me so that I could attack sooner. I could also improve the final boss; to do that I worked on the fact that "DOWN+C" followed by a "blank" input then other "DOWN+C" inputs create what I call an "elevator glitch" that causes the character to be raised (floating) above the ground... ...Knowing this, it is then possible to replace the blank input with "UP+B", so we end up floating but now with the weapon pointing up, an ideal position to constantly touch the hitbox of the boss.
I've also played through the whole run with visual glitches that only serve an entertaining purpose to the viewer, to whom I'd say as a last word:
Watch closely what happens on-screen to appreciate this run!!!
BOSS addresses:
Alien mosquito BOSS. = 3F82
Lava BOSS........... = 4844
Worm BOSS........... = 515E
Snow BOSS........... = 5766
Final BOSS 1st phase = 25A0
Final BOSS 2nd phase = 24A0
BIG THANKS TO "GRINCEVENT" FOR TRANSLATION!!!

Truncated: Judging.
Truncated: Looking good. Accepting as an improvement to the published movie in the vault!
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4594: zoboner's Genesis Chakan: The Forever Man in 11:29.47
Editor
Pretty cool game. I will watch it later.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Experienced player (947)
hegyak wrote:
Pretty cool game. I will watch it later.
Ok good viewing!
GAW sms... Totally destroyed
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I have not watched this yet; when I get home and have my emulators, I'll watch this. I'm very excited about it, since these sound like very big improvements! What counts as 100%, though? Is there a way to do an "any%" run that visits fewer stages? Bon travail, zoboner!
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Experienced player (947)
mklip2001 wrote: What counts as 100%, though? Is there a way to do an "any%" run that visits fewer stages? Bon travail, zoboner![/quote] I'm on the other direction for this game and I think nothing is impossible!!this game is verry crasy and does not fail to surprise you in the future!!! thanks and good viewing!!
mklip2001 wrote:
I have not watched this yet; when I get home and have my emulators, I'll watch this. I'm very excited about it, since these sound like very big improvements! What counts as 100%, though? Is there a way to do an "any%" run that visits fewer stages? Bon travail, zoboner!
It's not 100%. He (and the previous runs) use a warp to skip a bunch of stages.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Alright, I watched the run. I agree that it is not 100%. It uses the same category as the published run. It's a good run, though! There isn't that much Out Of Bounds stuff to be seen in this run, because the glitch only works when the character is not loaded yet (I think). That was a little disappointing. However, the new route at the start of the game looks good, and the bosses look better. I have a couple questions: 1) Why do you visit that first stage twice before using the warp spell? It looks like you get the potions you need from the second visit. 2) Do you need to ride a flying creature to fight the air boss? I wondered if you could save time by just hovering near him with your weapons.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Experienced player (947)
mklip2001 wrote:
1) Why do you visit that first stage twice before using the warp spell? It looks like you get the potions you need from the second visit. 2) Do you need to ride a flying creature to fight the air boss? I wondered if you could save time by just hovering near him with your weapons.
1)it's necessary to visit level 1.1 and 1.2 to get the potions!!...level 1.1 is obligatory for past to 1.2! 2)it's necessary to get on this creature for manipulate and kill the boss!!it is impossible to plane with "infinite jump" for information the game load personage in first, the enemies in 2nd and level in last time...I prepare a "100%" for 2015 and hope not to disappoint you for the future Oob!!
Editor, Experienced player (608)
I really liked the entertainment during the snow boss battle! The rest of the run was a good watch too. Good job, zoboner, voting Yes! Suggesting these two screenshots (35037 and 35097, respectively):
Experienced player (947)
CoolKirby wrote:
I really liked the entertainment during the snow boss battle! The rest of the run was a good watch too. Good job, zoboner, voting Yes! Suggesting these two screenshots (35037 and 35097, respectively):
good suggestion!!!there than the worm boss,just prior to use potions...the sprite of Chakan's altered and bug!!! thank's
Editor, Experienced player (882)
I always enjoy unexpected submissions like this. Good job improving Sonikkustar's run, that new glitch is pretty cool. Maybe it can be further exploited, but until then this is a good run. Yes vote
Current thoughts: Hachiemon (J) for GBA.
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
As said in the game, .. "Not all evil has been destroyed!" ... so it doesn't count as 100% ,..... but... where was this written anyway? x_x Voted Yes and loved the snow boss and the air stage in general =P
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Jungon wrote:
so it doesn't count as 100% ,..... but... where was this written anyway? x_x
I removed the branch which said 100% as that was wrong and added the full title of the game while I was there. This was modified 2 (almost 3) days ago. There's the explanation for that part. exits stage left
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (947)
Spikestuff wrote:
Jungon wrote:
so it doesn't count as 100% ,..... but... where was this written anyway? x_x
I removed the branch which said 100% as that was wrong and added the full title of the game while I was there. This was modified 2 (almost 3) days ago. Indeed, it was a mistake on my part, thank you for this correction
Experienced player (947)
Jungon wrote:
loved the snow boss and the air stage in general =P
Yes, snow boss is very significant because there was time for entertainment!!but I prefer the worm boss...the battle is shorter, but contains alot of fast execution, which have not seen a single view !!but to each such preferences in entertainment. thank you
Asdrien
He/Him
Player (137)
encoding please ?
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Here you go: Link to video
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
Never make a deal with the devil. There's always a bit of...fine print that you never catch as you sign on the dotted line. Poor Chakan. Nice improvements on the run! Yes vote.
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Patashu
He/Him
I love Chakan TASes and this particular iteration is the best yet!
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Asdrien
He/Him
Player (137)
Very interesting game, very entertaining. Very technical from what I 've seen . Yes vote ! (Thanks CoolKirby)
Experienced player (947)
thanks Coolkirby for encoding
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2804] Genesis Chakan: The Forever Man by zoboner in 11:29.47