Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is to new version of my time atack for the game Strider of Genesis.
I obtained to improve my previous time and play with more style, alem of find a BIG error of programming of the game soon in the first level.
- Abuses programming errors in the game
- Takes damage to save time

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #501: Neofix's Genesis Strider in 08:20.15
Player (61)
Motives for publish this video: - I Found one of the most greatest bug of the history of the NES VIDEOS, the video already is worth hardly alone because of this discovery - Kill the bosses quickly - Style of play, do not I waste strikes - I Delayed several months for finish the video, in my opnion is perfect.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
cool, i will watch when i get home, sounds good :) translation issue: "I obtained to improve my previous time and play with more style, and also found a BIG error of programming of the game soon in the first level."
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
The time is obviously improved, that's a good reason for publishing it. The bugs used are also kind of interesting (skipping the first subboss glitching up the graphics). I'm not very familiar with this game, but some things stood out: - you don't seem to slide all the time when it's possible. - sometimes when you kill something big to make the level scroll on, it doesn't seem like you are standing in a good position. - sometimes it seems you kill stuff for no apparent reason (or is it so that the level can continue scrolling?) - contrary to what you said, I think I saw missed slashes, for example at the rematches before facing the last boss. If there are explanations for all of those, I will vote yes.
Player (61)
Really before of the last boss I am going to escape two attacks. But it understand that as a commemoration, an own and special skill of commemorate. There is do not very what do in that part, and I will not want stayed standstill. PORTUGUESE: Realmente antes do ultimo chefe eu deixo escapar 2 ataques. Mas entenda isso como uma comemoração, uma maneira própria e especial de comemorar. Não há muito o que fazer naquela parte, e eu não queria ficar parado. FODA eu preciso falar com vc, manda um email para mim entrar em detalhes, é do seu interesse. Não precisa traduzir a ultima frase.
Sorry, that was completely unintelligible. Either write it in English yourself or ask FODA for help with translation, bacause the translation software (which it looks like you are using) doesn't work very well.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
neofix meant: "Indeed, before the last boss i let go 2 slashes. But please understand that as a victory pose, my own special way of celebrating the victory. There inst really much to do on that part and i didnt want to just stand there doing nothing."
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
- there are clear missing slashes on the second gravity ball and so on. i didnt notice missed slashes before that. - about the sliding, i think it was all perfectly used, i could see why he didnt slide when he didnt. - i liked the use of the momentum gained from going down hills to make big jumps forward. - the glitch in level 1 is nice :) indeed, no published movie performs such a graphical glitch O_o - personally, i would have hit the bombs in parachutes on the chopper level to brake the boringness i liked this movie very much, this is a hard game and he makes it look very easy. the only complaint goes to the bombs in parachutes part, but that doesnt mean its a no. i'm voting YES.
Another thing: You don't play hardest difficulty. Why not? I added some (long overdue) info in the current Strider movie too if anyone's interested.
i'm not sure what to think if this run really. i guess for me it falls into the "bad game played well" catagory cuz i really did'nt find this to be good game. the run was well done but i'm gonna be voting meh.
It's a lot faster than the existing run, and there are no glaring errors. That's a yes from me.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
M.I
First off, my biggest complaint: You kill the women with the axes! What's your problem, man?! All joking aside, I thought the movie was excellent: anything that improves on the last and still makes it look good definetely deserves to be accepted. HOWEVER.. The fact that it's near-perfection of the game barely overshadows the fact that it's not on the highest difficulty. That's a huge fist to the gut right there. Even so, the movie is next to perfect.. but i'd be much more impressed with the highest difficulty being played. I respect that you put several months aside to do the run perfectly, but I don't understand how finding this bug makes the submission more likely to get accepted (other than the fact it's faster than the previous). Maybe i'm missing something here. Anyways, I won't go and start an arguement or anything (like i'm prone to do), and so i'll just let sleeping dogs lie. You get a yes vote, though somewhat against my better judgement. Eric's Verdict: Yes.
Former player
I missed this movie somehow...guess it came in during my vacation. Anyway, I vote YES but it should be noted that you do die during the exploitation of the glitch. Who can break the eight-minute mark?
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com