Submission Text Full Submission Page
Super Mario Bros. Bowser's Jumping Challenge is a Romhack of Super Mario Bros. in which there are many very difficult and precise jumps.
  • Emulator Used: FCEUX 2.2.2
  • Use WallJump glitch.
  • Use Flagpole glitch in all levels.
  • Use Firebar Hiding trick.
Stage Comments

1-1

Leap backwards to defeat the Bullet.

1-2

Leap backwards to defeat the Bullet.

2-1

Use the Walljump to skip the Vine. Leap backwards to defeat the Bullet.

2-4

Use the Walljump to save time.

3-1

Use the Walljump to skip the pipe. Use Firebar trick to save time. The lag of Hammer Brothers can not be reduced.

3-3

Use the Firebar trick to save time.

3-4

Use Walljumps to save time.
This movie can be reduced by avoiding the fireworks at 3-3 and RNG of Bowser in 3-4
Screenshots 1584,2914,3135,3313,4270,5607,5844,5933,6305,8449,10006,10497,17212,18849,21554,25030,27615.
GoddessMaria: Judging...
GoddessMaria: Hello Baddap1 and welcome to TASVideos!
Unfortunately, this movie does not qualify under the site rules. A movie submitted here must beat all known records, in which this submission is over 50 seconds slower than this YouTube movie and not well optimized. The ROM hack itself doesn't provide anything unique that stands out from other hacks or the original base game. Unfortunately, neither this submission nor the hack were very well received. As a result, I am rejecting this movie.
Hopefully, we will see more from you and better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Active player (259)
I don't see what this run has over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8GTpJsKY3I since it is over 50 seconds faster, or the currently published SMB1 romhack.
Current TAS: [SNES] Jelly Boy [NES] Street Fighter 2010
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
The hack can be found right here (patch to an unmodified (JU) ROM). Anyway, this is yet another one of those hacks that are pretty much designed to be "impossible" without the use of tools (with graphics clashing to boot, hooray!). Since thelegendarymudkip posted a YouTube video that's 50 seconds faster than this (and I'm pretty sure the 6 fireworks at 3-3 plus not ending input properly don't cost 50 seconds in total), I'm going to vote no on this submission for being suboptimal.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Post subject: Re: #4618: Baddap1's NES Super Mario Bros. Bowser's Jumping Challenge in 07:54.25
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2121)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
This movie can be reduced by avoiding the fireworks at 3-3
I love it when I don't even need to see the movie to know it's lazy and unoptimized.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
And the fact that it doesn't kill the input early too. Oh, such a sad, poorly executed TAS.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Active player (434)
sorry,try again,keep improving and you will make a good TAS!!
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Editor, Expert player (2007)
Eh, it was ok. I'm going to be a rebel and give it a Meh.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Post subject: Re: #4618: Baddap1's NES Super Mario Bros. Bowser's Jumping Challenge in 07:54.25
Player (26)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
This movie can be reduced by avoiding the fireworks at 3-3 and RNG of Bowser in 3-4
What, seriously? Our robot can tell this? That is very awesome! ...unfortunately this run is not. No vote, and I'm not convinced this particular romhack (out of literally thousands of SMB romhacks) is noteworthy in the first place.
Baddap1
He/Him
Experienced player (730)
Thanks to everyone who voted, I can improve even more but do not know why I did not, anyway, this is my first TAS.
thelegendarymudkip wrote:
I don't see what this run has over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8GTpJsKY3I since it is over 50 seconds faster, or the currently published SMB1 romhack.
Yea definite no then, slower is slower, and there are no gimmicky runs you can do with sub par romhacks to excuse less speed.
Baddap1 wrote:
Thanks to everyone who voted, I can improve even more but do not know why I did not, anyway, this is my first TAS.
Most peoples first TAS will always be poor, you can read up all you like on how to make a good TAS but without the practical experience of making them you will screw up on a lot naturally. Don't feel like you need to upload your TAS onto this website to begin with, start off with just uploading them to youtube or similar sites, then ask around for advice and feedback from others (probably a sub forum on here for such things but I didn't check) and then you can use that feedback to improve your work and if you keep at it you could start getting used to how to optimise well etc. and then you can make some quick videos and submit those. Continue to have fun, and goodluck with future runs, keep the practice going!
Enjoys speedruns but hasn't actually tried making any yet.
Editor
I don't really like how this hack looks/plays. Sorry. I vote no.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Also slower than this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVLfvOI0Tc
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!