Submission Text Full Submission Page
Barney's Hide and Seek is epic, underrated and hidden-gem game developed by Realtime Assciates and published by Tec Toy, what else is there to say?

Game objectives

• Emulator used: BizHawk-1.9.3
  • Low%
  • Minimal button presses
  • Beats the game

Comments

Since the game plays by itself if you dont press any buttons, and that you actually dont need to find any of Barneys friends or objects to see ending and credits, I ended movie as soon as possible, rest should be self-explanatory.

Noxxa: I'll just copy the judge notes from this submission:
"Bisqwit: Thanks for trying. Very well done improving the previous submission by 28539%. However, this submission, or the game, does not really have what it takes to become part of the TASVideos permanent archive of tool-assisted superplay videos. Rejecting."
(Replace Bisqwit's name with mine, and 28539% with only 16500%. Then it perfectly applies to this submission.)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Editor, Expert player (2459)
A timeless classic.
poor barney, those mean kids, abandoned him, votting yes to support barney
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Oh I remember this http://tasvideos.org/1903S.html ...augh that was seven years ago? i hate it when you do this to me, internet wait looking at the two submissions side by side, is there a frame count difference, did you improve a run with no input, nice
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Twisted Eye: Sticky's old submission was a 9-game run, so technically it has different goals :-) This run does its job just fine but only on one ROM, I guess.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Nice improvement, no vote.
Makes you wonder if anyone will 100% this for the vault just for shits and giggles.
Banned User, Former player
Would further input make the game reach the end faster? (I'm still of the opinion that that's the only valid moment to end the input.)
Warp wrote:
Would further input make the game reach the end faster? (I'm still of the opinion that that's the only valid moment to end the input.)
Yes since then Barney starts to move faster(he doesn't idle at beginning of each level) and doesn't stop every five seconds, although for low% all you need todo is hold right, literally. But yeah, this was joke submission anyway :P.
Skilled player (1436)
KDEuserX wrote:
although for low% all you need todo is hold right, literally.
Holding right is not enough. Actually this game not so simple! For example at first level you can use balloon and save about 20 frames at upper route :) Seriously, i'm talking about this balloon, feel free to get rom and check this shortcut. Verdict: This game enough good for vault if someone will take it seriously.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Banned User, Former player
KDEuserX wrote:
But yeah, this was joke submission anyway :P.
Even joke submissions have a chance to be published, if they comply with the rules and requirements. And a run like this once again raises the question of what should be considered the true length of a TAS. (This is why I advocate the principle of "the input should end when no further input can make the ending of the game be reached faster". IMO it's the most unambiguous and clearest way to measure the length of the TAS. Of course with some games it may become an issue what exactly is considered its "ending", but that's another discussion.)
Plush
Other
Player (152)
wow much tas many rerecs so effort much entertainment wow
I found this run entertaining until end-of-input. Voted yes.
Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
Evan0512
He/Him
No, it was a computer glitch.
Planned runs: Marble Madness (Arcade, Genesis J, GG/SMS) Proposed: Ecco the Dolphin (Genesis, GG/SMS, CD: regular, camera freeze) Ecco: The Tides of Time (Genesis, GG/SMS, CD; normal mode) Mario Kart DS (all cups, all missions) In progress: Grand Poo World 3 (all exits hard mode)
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Evan0512 wrote:
No, it was a computer glitch.
Ah yes a very good reason to bump an April Fools joke that's going to be 3 years old soon. Such a great reason to bump it. Such a great reason to vote on something that won't even make a comeback after being rejected because it was an April Fools joke. If you can't tell. I'm being very sarcastic. That was not worth the bump.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.