Agent X gets bored of searching for his teammates, so he warps Herbert's balloon with him to the Wilderness, improving his record by 28 seconds. (hoping moons, but better not to get so excited this time)

Game objectives

• Emulator used: DeSmuME 9.9.9 x86 (32-bit)
    • Sync settings: same as first submission. You can check the ROM details in the dsm file.
  • Heavy glitch abuse
  • Contains speed/entertainment tradeoffs
  • Uses warps
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Genre: Storybook

Comments

Well... I improve the published run by 28 seconds. How? Well... On mission 9, you're supposed to follow the arrow to find your teammates that Herbert kidnapped, but somehow I overlooked this: you can skip all this by not following the arrow and going to the Tallest Mountain right away. So either Gary is a liar, or the devs forgot to block it by accident.
Even though the YouTube feedback of the current run makes me sick, I was expecting kids to complain, not grown up adults shitposting in the comments.

Other comments

Thanks to Invariel and Toothache for motivating me to try the skip out. Currently I'm done. A v2 TAS will be made when I get more skilled at TASing... also until I find new glitches.

Suggested Screenshot:

THANKS 4 WATCHING!!!

Noxxa: Accepting as an improvement to the published run.
Spikestuff: Publishing. Again.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Post subject: Re: #4722: dekutony & solarplex's DS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge in 27:40.1
TASVideoAgent wrote:
I was expecting kids to complain, not grown up adults shitposting in the comments.
I hope you don't consider my feedback in the rating thread as some of that! I know I probably wasn't constructive, but at least I tried to explain my view as nicely as possible! (Although I have to admit, I often fail at being nice.) Waiting for temp encode.
LOAD TO SUNRISE
Post subject: Re: #4722: dekutony & solarplex's DS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge in 27:40.1
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
derula wrote:
TASVideoAgent wrote:
I was expecting kids to complain, not grown up adults shitposting in the comments.
I hope you don't consider my feedback in the rating thread as some of that! I know I probably wasn't constructive, but at least I tried to explain my view as nicely as possible! (Although I have to admit, I often fail at being nice.) Waiting for temp encode.
I don't think anyone in the first submission thread came off more negative than "Eh, the run's not for me, but I do think it should be published". If you look at the official Youtube encode's comments, they're not exactly the kindest out there.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
YouTube comments are well known to be toxic at times, and the comments to the other run are a clear example of that. Just ignore and disregard them. EDIT: And split off a thread derailment about these YouTube comments. Let's focus on this submission, not on YouTube comments on the other run.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Former player
I don't know how a TAS of a club penguin game became so controversial. There are way more strange games out there that have been TASed. Personally, I like to see any game of any kind being TASed. Adds more variety to the website. Btw, nice improvement! I'm amazed by your dedication to this game and am happy you choose to do games that make you happy. I hope everyone can choose games without being judged by their game choice.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Confirming that the TAS syncs. Voting the same as I voted the previous, Meh on entertainment. Link to video
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
megajohnman
He/Him
I love it, a yes vote (including that the entretainment is poor) :D
i love gaming, even if the games are hard
megajohnman wrote:
I love it, a yes vote (including that the entretainment is poor) :D
I don't understand this. The poll clearly asks: "Did you find this movie entertaining?" You answer this question with a yes. Then you clarify the entertainment was poor. So you were entertained, but only poorly? Wouldn't that be more like a "meh" vote? There seems to be some weird force that keeps making people misread the poll question as either "Do you think this movie is a good TAS?" or "Do you think this movie should be published on TASVideos.org?"... sometimes even "Do you think the time difference to the RTA is significant enough for this TAS to be published?" My vote is the same as last time; I still wasn't entertained. And yes I am sure that is part because I don't know the game, but the question isn't "Do you think that someone who knows the game well would find it entertaining?"; neither does it state you may only vote if you know the game.
LOAD TO SUNRISE
Skilled player (1650)
megajohnman was directed by the author to create an account and post a positive comment. One cannot expect him to be familiar with the rules and procedure of this site. This is not uncommon. Some authors feel a need to employ shills, or to rate their own movies, in an attempt to improve the reception of a movie or the author. It is contrary to the rules of the site, and otherwise quite gauche, but these things happen.
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
megajohnman was directed by the author to create an account and post a positive comment. One cannot expect him to be familiar with the rules and procedure of this site. This is not uncommon. Some authors feel a need to employ shills, or to rate their own movies, in an attempt to improve the reception of a movie or the author. It is contrary to the rules of the site, and otherwise quite gauche, but these things happen.
Forgive me £e Nécroyeur, but do you have any proof that this actually occurred?
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Samsara
She/They
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
Yeah, people always try to get their friends to comment on their guaranteed-to-be-published submissions and say they have no entertainment value. That's definitely something that happens all the time. It's not at all bullshit you're making up for no reason.
warmCabin wrote:
Skilled player (1650)
My apologies to megajohnman, Kurabupengin, solarplex, ars4326, and Samsara. I was rude; thank you for setting me straight.
Editor, Experienced player (817)
Haha, no problem :)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2875] DS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge by dekutony & solarplex in 27:40.09
Skilled player (1650)
I posted before I had understood the situation. Now that I do understand, I withdraw my apology to Samsara.
Samsara
She/They
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
I withdraw my apology to Samsara.
Thanks. You were almost cool with me because of that apology, but you went and fucked that right up.
warmCabin wrote:
Skilled player (1650)
Wait! Is it too late to apologize again?
Experienced player (630)
I think we can just rate the movie now? Also YT comments.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Active player (434)
i vote yes for publishment,because by saying it's entertaing,i can get it published,even if it's not entertaining at all.I did vote yes and no,this is not entertaining and still i'm gonna keep skewing the voting so tasvideos will never use it's silly entertainment rules to invalidate games with a clear ending goal
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
grassini wrote:
i vote yes for publishment,because by saying it's entertaing,i can get it published,even if it's not entertaining at all.I did vote yes and no,this is not entertaining and still i'm gonna keep skewing the voting so tasvideos will never use it's silly entertainment rules to invalidate games with a clear ending goal
I was writing a long post, explaining on how many levels this is wrong, but I decided that Kurabupenguin doesn't deserve his run's thread to be derailed into something as silly as that.
LOAD TO SUNRISE
Skilled player (1650)
dekutony & solarplex's DS Club Penguin Elite Penguin Force Herbert's Revenge in 2740.1 Submitted at 2015-06-12 022156 megajohnman Joined 2015-06-13 081816 Last online 2015-06-13 093755 Total posts 1 This sort of ruse has occurred with other users in the past, with the frauds being promptly revealed as such (as it should be). In this case, I was the only user who cared to mention it. Certainly I could have waited 2 months before my first post about it, but why tolerate for so long that which was immediately apparent to me? This is just a confirmation for those less inclined to act on instinct. I won't ask for an apology; the life lesson is the important thing.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
dekutony & solarplex's DS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge in 27:40.1 Submitted at: 2015-06-12 02:21:56 megajohnman Joined: 2015-06-13 08:18:16 Last online: 2015-06-13 09:37:55 Total posts: 1 This sort of ruse has occurred with other users in the past, with the frauds being promptly revealed as such (as it should be). In this case, I was the only user who cared to mention it. Certainly I could have waited 2 months before my first post about it, but why tolerate for so long that which was immediately apparent to me? This is just a confirmation for those less inclined to act on instinct. I won't ask for an apology; the life lesson is the important thing.
That proves absolutely nothing.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
AntyMew
It/Its
Encoder, Player (35)
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
dekutony & solarplex's DS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge in 27:40.1 Submitted at: 2015-06-12 02:21:56 megajohnman Joined: 2015-06-13 08:18:16 Last online: 2015-06-13 09:37:55 Total posts: 1 This sort of ruse has occurred with other users in the past, with the frauds being promptly revealed as such (as it should be). In this case, I was the only user who cared to mention it. Certainly I could have waited 2 months before my first post about it, but why tolerate for so long that which was immediately apparent to me? This is just a confirmation for those less inclined to act on instinct. I won't ask for an apology; the life lesson is the important thing.
...What are you even talking about?
Just a Mew! 〜 It/She ΘΔ 〜
Samsara
She/They
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
This sort of ruse has occurred with other users in the past, with the frauds being promptly revealed as such (as it should be). In this case, I was the only user who cared to mention it. Certainly I could have waited 2 months before my first post about it, but why tolerate for so long that which was immediately apparent to me? This is just a confirmation for those less inclined to act on instinct. I won't ask for an apology; the life lesson is the important thing.
Why, exactly, does this matter so much to you anyway? Even if this were real, what makes it so horrible that you just can't tolerate it even two months later? This is one isolated incident, with the only """""""""proof""""""""" being mere coincidences. It didn't harm the site in any way, nor did it even have any effect on the judgement of the movie. Not even a minor effect. Not even the slightest, tiniest little effect. This is, in no way, any indication of sitewide corruption. There's no significance to it. It wasn't worth bringing up two months ago when the submission was actually new, and it's absolutely not worth bringing up two months later when everyone's clearly forgotten about it. Just drop it.
warmCabin wrote:
Experienced player (630)
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
This sort of ruse has occurred with other users in the past, with the frauds being promptly revealed as such (as it should be). In this case, I was the only user who cared to mention it. Certainly I could have waited 2 months before my first post about it, but why tolerate for so long that which was immediately apparent to me? This is just a confirmation for those less inclined to act on instinct. I won't ask for an apology; the life lesson is the important thing.
I thought we were talking about the TAS and that how I found memory corruption glitches in the game after this (which it's still on research).
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony