Wily 4

Nextlevel

Other comments

Possible improvements

None at the moment

Screenshot suggestions

19106, 19646, 28591, 32491, 33831, 38376

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: This is the same kind of run as a previous submission by you, with the only difference that this run is five seconds faster. The previous submission was rejected because the PSX version, being just an emulation of the NES game with worse sound, did not provide any substantially different material from the published NES runs of this game. Particularly, these runs are in many respects almost identical to [1103] NES Mega Man by Deign in 15:29.27. The PSX version's instant weapon switching controls are nearly useless because it can't switch to Magnet Beam which is used most of the time, and Navi mode's alternate soundtrack (which by itself wouldn't be able to save the run anyway) is unused.
This run is, again, just the same as the previous run except five seconds faster. It fails to address the problem of the previous submission. As such, rejecting this run as well.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4750: paosidufygth's PSX Rockman Complete Works: Rockman in 15:44.22
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Judging by the time, I presume that this is like this rejected submission: #4495: paosidufygth's PSX Rockman Complete Works: Rockman in 15:49.85, except five seconds faster. The previous run was rejected because this version of the game (which is just an emulator of the NES game) did not offer anything new that would make it stand out from a NES run. Is this five seconds faster run any different in that regard?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Active player (258)
I love how descriptive the stage-by-stage notes are. It's like Conan Doyle or Shelley in the flesh.
Somewhat damaged.
Player (89)
The only real time savers were in Ice Man room 1, Bomb Man room 4, most of Cut Man's stage, and Wily 1. Those were spots where I bypassed having to pause to take damage.
Skilled player (1706)
Btw, if this gets accepted, will other "ports" like VC or Classic NES Series for GBA be accepted too?
Player (89)
jlun2 wrote:
Btw, if this gets accepted, will other "ports" like VC or Classic NES Series for GBA be accepted too?
Oooh! I hope so!
Player (12)
To quote feos's rejection comments from #4495: paosidufygth's PSX Rockman Complete Works: Rockman in 15:49.85:
feos wrote:
Your run's execution is very good, but it seems there is an issue with how similar this game is to the NES version. We usually allow ports to different platforms, but not when they are direct copies of one other (like those modern games for currently "competing" consoles). Slight differences would justify publishing versions of a game, but when there's (little to) no difference, people simply feel the original version is the only one they want TASed, because the runs would look identical, presenting very little unique content (if any). The case for this game is that it's actually the NES ROM being emulated, with some additions that don't affect TASing (at least those official tweaks that we know of). The NES version is the one that was TASed to death throughout all these years, so it's hardly possible to compete with the existing records in it. This game is so similar to the NES version that I consider runs of it branches of the latter. If there were more unique content presented here (by playing different modes maybe), it might have gotten better feedback, but for this run, I'm rejecting it.
I'm not seeing how replacing a few pauses with damage resolves the original rejection issue. While I'm all for publishing runs for other versions of the same game personally, I'm afraid there isn't currently a tier for "similar but for a different version" movies for now. Therefore, and seeing as it is your third submission for this version of the game and you didn't write anything meaningful in your submission comments this time, I have to ask: is there anything unique in your run that can't be done on other versions of the game or hasn't been done yet in existing categories?
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!
Post subject: HD remastered
Player (118)
1080(60p) Link to video
Megaman TAS Mania,still learning english