(Link to video)
About:
  • 2 players
  • no damages
  • manipulate luck
  • Emulator FBA-rr 007
Comments:
This is my second tas this game,I posted the first only in the forum, because I used the Cody and Guy, I found that with Haggar and Cody would be much better for it I decided to do with Haggar and Cody and really I was right, the only advantage the guy is that he moves fast, had only advantage to him in the second bonus which had a gain of 37 frames relative to Haggar, now in defeat enemies the Haggar It is much higher than the guy and it made much difference.
  • this tas tried to avoid the largest possible number of enemies especially the "Andore's elgado's axl's fatmans and poison's" because they are difficult enemies to defeat.
  • the bosses I prefer to use punches with Cody and Haggar and grab and throw down only when he is dying, because the chiefs take too long to get up, grab and throw down the bosses only have advantage with one player already with 2 beating simultaneously is much faster.
  • Note:For those who go to see in the emulator and is having problems desync, go to video settings, select blitter, and select the "enhanced"
  • Suggested screenshot: frame 27841

ars4326: Judging!
ars4326: Hi, CReTiNo. This was a good, fast-paced run. As stated in the submission text, I especially noticed how you saved time in certain parts by rushing past groups of enemies (and presumably letting them despawn, off-screen). It was also nice to read that you posted first in the forums and found a faster team combination with Cody and Haggar. Thread feedback was also favorable, expressing that this was a fun watch (and manly, too!).
Accepting for publication to Moons!

feos: Pub.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4775: CReTiNo's Arcade Final Fight in 15:45.40
EgixBacon
He/Him
Player (181)
edited "KOREA! KOREA! KOREA!" Now I know how to annoy my grandparents... Voting Yes.
FanFiction|Youtube Still on Win7! Take that, Microsoft!
Editor, Expert player (2001)
10/10 thumbnail Seemed ok. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, so I'd have to give it a Meh.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Player (53)
EgxHB wrote:
Can't watch the encode, URL seems to be glitched.
now's to see?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
He checked during the time I fixed your mistake.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Yes vote, I've always liked this game, is there any changes between the arcade and Sega CD version? I've always loved the music on the Sega CD.
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
Why is Final Fight so awesome? It's basically the funk of late 80s/early 90s manliness distilled in the form of a video game. These days we know someone like Haggar could never be a mayor; pro wrestlers and action movie stars head straight to the governor's mansion. Voting yes but mourning the omission of the spinning piledriver.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
OMFG that screenshot.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
I'm having problems watching on the emulator. Can someone, please, post the suggested screenshot? Thanks! Edit: Here goes another yes vote! This looks much better than the one with Cody and Guy. Great job!!!
Former player
A TAS can't get more manly that this, I enjoyed every minute of it. And I think we all know what screenshot to suggest ;)
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
Now I know.
d-feather
He/Him
Nice to know that beat-'em-up TASes are still alive and kicking. Also, the temp encode's thumbnail. Yes vote because of that one thing alone.
:shrug: I'm more active on Twitter nowadays: @HunterCoates5
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
The Mad Gear gang couldn't "handle it". This was a fun movie for me. You got a yes vote from me.
Skilled player (1435)
Brilliant screenshot!
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Active player (432)
Finally.. At last.. I am now one happy man :) Again, many thanks for doing this. On top of all, you did it really fast. Many things looked well planned. Easy yes vote.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Not a fan of early beat em ups, but it looks neat. Dat thumbnail tho...
Player (53)
Eye Of The Beholder wrote:
I'm having problems watching on the emulator. Can someone, please, post the suggested screenshot? Thanks! Edit: Here goes another yes vote! This looks much better than the one with Cody and Guy. Great job!!!
for those who go to see in the emulator and is having problems desync, go to video settings, select blitter, and select the "enhanced"
Skilled player (1650)
Why was this not done on the maximum Difficulty Level settings?
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
Does anyone know offhand what the differences in difficulty are for this game? edit. Just tested the movie file with both difficulty dip-switches set to 'hardest'. Everything still syncs fine!
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Player (53)
ars4326 wrote:
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
Does anyone know offhand what the differences in difficulty are for this game? edit. Just tested the movie file with both difficulty dip-switches set to 'hardest'. Everything still syncs fine!
yes you said it all, i think you can not change the difficulty during gameplay as in some capcom games the years 80,90
Skilled player (1650)
The Difficulty Level DIP switches determine the number of enemies that spawn at Ambush Points, and determine the number of enemies that are allowed to simultaneously occupy the screen. They also determine the amount of damage that a Hero's attack does. This game uses physical DIP switches, rather than digital. Because there is no digital interface, the DIP switch settings must be adjusted in the emulator prior to Power-On. After Power-On, the DIP switch settings cannot be changed until Reset or Power Off. The status of these DIP switches is indicated in the RAM. When a recording is created, these RAM values are permanently set and cannot be changed, even by a memory cheat. Due to the rather different nature of arcade machines, difficulty settings may not always be readily apparent in a TAS. For Final Fight, Memory Address 00FF8064 indicates the DIP switch status of Difficulty Level 1, Difficulty Level 2, and Extend. In this case, a value of 11 indicates that the recording was made at Normal Difficulty Level 1 (2 out of 4) and Normal Difficulty Level 2 (4 out of 8). These are the default settings for the game.
In this case my opinion is that the hardest difficulty would not add in terms of entertainment to this movie. There would be an increase in the number of enemies in a few parts and they would have more health. In places where it is possible to throw them off screen while jumping backwards it would not make any difference and in others where you have to group them, if they have more health you would have to see Cody/Haggar standing there doing the same combo for a longer time. The same goes for the Bosses, longer health bar, longer time spent doing the same combo. Unfortunately a higher difficulty will not add in variety imo.
Dark_Noob
He/Him
Experienced player (732)
Is it a glitched time here? Because the original time and the last input in emulator is 15:52. BTW same opnion for me ,don't need to change to the hardest difficult if the only thing will change are both health bars and enemies the only thing will change will be the long time to kill they for me this isn't the point to add entertainment.
Someone who still enjoy playing fighting games ;)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2905] Arcade Final Fight "2 players" by CReTiNo in 15:45.40
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
£e Nécroyeur wrote:
The Difficulty Level DIP switches determine the number of enemies that spawn at Ambush Points, and determine the number of enemies that are allowed to simultaneously occupy the screen. They also determine the amount of damage that a Hero's attack does. This game uses physical DIP switches, rather than digital. Because there is no digital interface, the DIP switch settings must be adjusted in the emulator prior to Power-On. After Power-On, the DIP switch settings cannot be changed until Reset or Power Off. The status of these DIP switches is indicated in the RAM. When a recording is created, these RAM values are permanently set and cannot be changed, even by a memory cheat. Due to the rather different nature of arcade machines, difficulty settings may not always be readily apparent in a TAS. For Final Fight, Memory Address 00FF8064 indicates the DIP switch status of Difficulty Level 1, Difficulty Level 2, and Extend. In this case, a value of 11 indicates that the recording was made at Normal Difficulty Level 1 (2 out of 4) and Normal Difficulty Level 2 (4 out of 8). These are the default settings for the game.
Hey, £e Nécroyeur. Just wanted to respond and state that I read your message and tried to adjust the DIP switch settings, as you described. However, upon opening the emulator and trying to adjust, I get this screen:
The 'Set dipswitches...' option is greyed out until a ROM is loaded up. I also tested running Final Fight with the highest settings and didn't notice any significant differences. Anyhow, if there's something that can be done to adjust the settings that I'm not aware of, feel free to respond (I'm still learning how to run all the various emulators).
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9