(Link to video)
"Bram Stoker's Dracula" is based on the 1992 horror film of the same name. This is your typical platform type of video game. You play as Johnathan Harker,as you fight your way through bats,wolves,zombies,skeltons...and yes,Dracula himself.
About:
Used emu: gens_11a,With "Bram Stoker's Dracula lua script" Forum/Topics/16974
Takes: damage to save time
Uses death to save time
Genre: Action
Genre: Platform
hard difficulty
This is already my third submission of this game, the first two were not as accurate (and indeed were many bads for tas) and at that time I did not understand very well how to make a tas. This I focused more on speed and accuracy suffering damage, dying and using the gun to win the largest number of frames, I used all lives up to the last boss. Compared to the previous submission I got Improves in virtually all stages in total were 4129 frames Improve (1:09).
Stages:
The Journey To Castle Dracula.
Act 1 - At this stage I just put precision in leaps and follow the hint of "Archanfel" not to kill the mouse near the door
Act 2 - Again following the Archanfel tip not kill the spider before the checkpoint but jump on it. The boss used damages to kill him because the difficulty to hard Harker knife is smaller and you have q come close to the enemy to hit .And remembering that this boss is the one with more horsepower is 16 hp, you can see the hp of bosses in lua script.
Harker's Escape from the Castle.
Act 1 - No Comments.
Act 2 - I used death at first because this is a checkpoint phase, to be able to quickly go through the spears. The boss I suffered damage to win frames, this only have size is the weakest it has only 10 hp (notice that even his music is different).
Act 3 - The boss used death to be able to use already damage that had only one life and I was not going to turn away because I would lose many frames the bad part of this boss is that in time he will release the power not of to hit him , the boss has 14 hp.
The Journey to Civilization.
Act 1 - The only observation at this stage is that I picked up the revolver that was in the way only.
Act 2 - In this boss I could kill them only with different knife from my last submission I used a shot at the end, and only for the hit when they go down .The hp them is 15, this boss on are all 15 hp .
Act 3 - No Comments.
Act 4 - In only the first boss that he so gave to hit him five times in the other only the fourth to hit so I suffered damage only in the first and in the other I swerved.
Hillingham Estate.
Act 1 - I used the gun to activate the lever away and death to win frames because those enemies are stronger and already thinking of another stage would I need more life.
Act 2 - In this stage the bad was that the zombies are stronger, and the boss already arrived shooting not to lose Boating Trips, there was only after the knife
Act 3 - Once again used the revolver to activate the lever that has 3 or 4 spears in the way, I lost 2 life in spiders because he did not like jumping or kills them, the good thing is that the boss was easy to divert and acerta- I at the same time so did not need to die.
The Trail To Carfax Abbey.
Act 1 - Earlier this stage in my other submission I had shot the lying man, now I saw that gave to destroy the bottles with the knife. Later on I jumped bald guys because they are very strong and quick and had 2 of them died in the bat on the book already thinking of another phase.
Act 2 - I left out ignoring the first 4 enemies killed 5 because I could not die there, jumped the bald box, shot the other to kill him quick before the hit him behind me. Kill the rats that were stronger and had no other way. The boss I left arrived shooting, got 4 hp damage with two bullets I shot and the rest was easy.
Act 3 - The bat did not have too many problems
The Final Battle.
I got a luck manipulation on the part of the soldiers who usually comes eight soldiers that came 5 and I killed only 3, and the last boss only suffered damage and lost the last life to kill him fast. The 15 hp it was also like most bosses I expected it to be about 18 hp.
  • Suggested screenshot: frame 25010
*Thanks for Archanfel to make lua script.

ars4326: Judging!
ars4326: Updated movie file. Previous time: 11:49.83 (42535 frames). Current time: 11:43.74 (42290 frames).
ars4326: Hello again, CReTiNo. First off, much respect for coming back to this one and making additional passes through it. In total, you've shaved over 4 minutes off your first submission! As for the run itself, routing and movement optimizations are now very tight, with smoother boss fights containing more precise hit timing. All in all, impressive work and an entertaining watch!
Accepting for publication to Moons!
feos: Alright.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4833: CReTiNo's Genesis Bram Stoker's Dracula in 11:45.74
Player (57)
Fixed link for the video. Link to video
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
This movie is much, much better now, good job. I'm voting yes.
Player (53)
scrimpeh wrote:
This movie is much, much better now, good job. I'm voting yes.
thanks
Skilled player (1435)
Yes vote as always! P.S. One small suggestion how to save one cycle of platform in Act 2 of The Trail To Carfax Abbey, approximately 212 frames can be saved. It relatively close to end of game so should be easy to re-sync remaining part to end and to ask judge to replace file if you will apply this improvement.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
clean run. yes
Player (53)
Archanfel wrote:
Yes vote as always! P.S. One small suggestion how to save one cycle of platform in Act 2 of The Trail To Carfax Abbey, approximately 212 frames can be saved. It relatively close to end of game so should be easy to re-sync remaining part to end and to ask judge to replace file if you will apply this improvement.
How? Yes, I was wondering how to save the frames? and wherein part would? in frame 34488?
Skilled player (1435)
CReTiNo wrote:
How?
How to resync movie?: There is handy utility TAS Movie Editor. You can copy your old input and paste it after improvement and edit input for some jumps/attack to make it sync. How to replace movie?: Just upload new file somewhere (like a WIP for example) and add a new link to it in this forum or in your submission and judge will gladly replace it, as it usually happen. ---
CReTiNo wrote:
Yes, I was wondering how to save the frames? and wherein part would? in frame 34488?
Text explanation, for case if you had problems to watch video explanation: At frame ~33880 you fall down too deep and in result lost one platform cycle. You should turn left earlier, upper path is a bit faster which is easily enough to catch platform from previous cycle.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
CReTiNo, would you like to go ahead and add this improvement in to your submission? If you need a little bit more time to sync it, that's fine.
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Player (53)
ars4326 wrote:
CReTiNo, would you like to go ahead and add this improvement in to your submission? If you need a little bit more time to sync it, that's fine.
I was wondering how to save the frames? and wherein part would? in frame 34488?
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
CReTiNo wrote:
[I was wondering how to save the frames? and wherein part would? in frame 34488?
At around frame 33880 (as you're falling), if you take the higher path instead of the lower path, you can reach those platforms faster and save time. From there, you should be able to re-sync your input for the rest of the TAS. (Archanfel, could you help him more here, if he needs it?)
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Skilled player (1435)
ars4326 wrote:
Archanfel, could you help him more here, if he needs it?
If necessary i can resync it for him, but i really hope that CReTiNo will do it by his own effort.
CReTiNo wrote:
now i get it ,the to synchronize using tas video editor?
Yes, TAS Movie Editor is the best tool for it.
Player (53)
Archanfel wrote:
ars4326 wrote:
Archanfel, could you help him more here, if he needs it?
If necessary i can resync it for him, but i really hope that CReTiNo will do it by his own effort.
now i get it ,the to synchronize using tas video editor? ready, got 30 frames to Improve the last boss the gmv to replace the file? or I will have to create another submission?
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
CReTiNo wrote:
now i get it ,the to synchronize using tas video editor? ready, got 30 frames to Improve the last boss the gmv to replace the file? or I will have to create another submission?
You don't have to create another submission. If you will go ahead and upload the new file here and post the link, I'll replace it for you here in the thread :) Here's an example of how it is done: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=416880#416880
Player (53)
ars4326 wrote:
CReTiNo wrote:
You don't have to create another submission. If you will go ahead and upload the new file here and post the link, I'll replace it for you here in the thread :) Here's an example of how it is done: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=416880#416880
I could not send to the tas videos, sent to the media fire there this link http://www.mediafire.com/download/ebh7rp6f7rpzi9r/CReTiNo+BramStokersDracula3.zip someone could fix the video link?
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
That's fine too, CReTiNo :) I'll update the file here momentarily and have an official judgment made here soon, as well!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2970] Genesis Bram Stoker's Dracula by CReTiNo in 11:45.74
Player (53)
the screenshot is wrong is still wrong, it is in the frame 25010