Submission Text Full Submission Page
Ok, my first movie for the NES : P
It's 9 seconds faster than Frenom's.
- Takes damage to save time
- Abuses programming errors in the game
- No missed shots
- As fast as possible

Thanks everyone

Truncated: Well, that was an easy choice. Unentertaining game where nothing happens except for walking right, horrible graphics and sound, and a ninja fighting with a gun. Rejecting.

adelikat: Accepting for publication into the Vault

adelikat: Correction, this movie has been bested! Rejecting

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #523: Neofix's NES Shinobi in 07:49.03
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
what can i say? faster? batter! the game still is crap with graphics made by a 5 years old child and music made by the same infant, the game isnt a pleasant experience which is mainly the music's fault. but this is pretty close to perfect, if this game has to be published, yes vote from me
FODA wrote:
what can i say? faster? batter! the game still is crap with graphics made by a 5 years old child and music made by the same infant, the game isnt a pleasant experience which is mainly the music's fault. but this is pretty close to perfect, if this game has to be published, yes vote from me
Noway Foda, Just look after to the gameplay, not the games's graphic. because a large no of NES games got low graphic quality. I will give my comments to movie after watching it. just wait.
Radz.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i love nes graphics, but this game looks like coleco vision. and the gameplay is also terrible. but the movie, very well played.
you did it well, but you did some mistakes too, which can easily be seen. i advice you to do some old tricks to escape the enemy where you touched. if you know what i mean....
Radz.
Former player
Shakespeare wrote:
you did it well, but you did some mistakes too, which can easily be seen. i advice you to do some old tricks to escape the enemy where you touched. if you know what i mean....
He took hits in places where it would take longer to dodge the enemies. At least that was my perception. Quite a nice performance really. I'm forced to watch it with the sound off though. Not because I have a technical problem, but because I can't stand the lazy-bastard music they slapped on this translation. Shinobi had good music, dammit!
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I haven't played this game or watched this movie. Why are so many people making movies for a game which everybody obviously thinks is crap? I mean, there are good genesis Shinobi games which still haven't got any published runs...
Former player
Truncated wrote:
I haven't played this game or watched this movie. Why are so many people making movies for a game which everybody obviously thinks is crap? I mean, there are good genesis Shinobi games which still haven't got any published runs...
It seems a nostalgic fondness for the original Shinobi is overriding the crappiness of this NES translation. I suppose if there was a Genesis version we would flock to it, but there's not. Trust me, I can't wait for hot run on Revenge of Shinobi.
Active player (277)
And it's all right to still have the NES movie even after we get an arcade or Master System movie, because, well... Remember Prince of Persia and Marble Madness? Yeah!
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
Nice job, Neofix, I like it. Did you consider anywhere else you could take beneficial hits at? You seem to shy away from taking damage and even turn around or stop to shoot instead. Also, is it possible to jump up levels and take a hit to get yourself moving forward earlier?
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
beforehand translation to neofix: TheAxeMan diz: 'Bom trabalho, neofix, eu gostei. Você pensou em outros lugares que poderia levar dano? Você parece desviar de perder energia e até mesmo parar e voltar um pouco ou então parar pra atirar. Outra coisa, será que é possível pular pro nivel de cima e levar dano pra te jogar pra frente mais cedo?'
A movie should ONLY be judged on the quality of the run, never that of the game, so this gets an obvious "Yes".
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
>A movie should ONLY be judged on the quality of the run, never that of the game Totally wrong. From the guidelines:
Select your game well. Not all games have potential for entertaining movies.
Former player
Example: Cheetahman II
Active player (277)
I thought Cheetahman 2 was entertaining... I wouldn't want to actually play the game, but... yeah...
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Former player
BoltR wrote:
Example: Cheetahman II
Absolutely. I voted "no" on that one. This one I voted "yes" for, but only after several versions were created. Also, as I stated earlier, I think the appeal of Shinobi is enduring, even if this game sucks. It's like an Ed Wood time attack.
I actually wanted Sega master version for timeattack. I wonder if there is any. I searched almost everywhere. so just go with timeattack play not game. there is no rom for original sega master shinobi, so what can we do.
Radz.
Player (36)
Better example is http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1630 Mostly because it was intended as an example.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
without seeing this version i'm just gonna vote yes since i saw the last one and if this is faster... well its obviously better lol. and shakespeare, there is a SMS shinobi rom. i know because i have it.
Player (36)
Dark Mana wrote:
without seeing this version i'm just gonna vote yes since i saw the last one and if this is faster... well its obviously better lol. and shakespeare, there is a SMS shinobi rom. i know because i have it.
>.> That's not necessarily true. There was actually a big argument over a few of the Mario 1 submissions.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Skilled player (1404)
Wow. Both my runs got mentioned as examples in this topic. :P
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Former player
But not because of play quality, but game choice. Both have the same appeal: being absolutely terrible games. I think only so much enjoyment can be had out of that.
if the game is boring, the movie can't be fun. i voted no.
I am a Mega Man fan that hates Megaman X8.
Player (61)
Tanks
the game is well played but the game is bad.
I am a Mega Man fan that hates Megaman X8.