Submission Text Full Submission Page
Speedy TAS of 2016.
  • SMS Summer Games
  • Emulator: BizHawk 9000
  • 100-meter dash in 3.74 seconds
  • Player name: .

Stage by stage comments

Stage 1: Main Menu

We take a shortcut to "COMPETE IN ONE EVENT", because the other events are slower.

Stage 2: Player Name and Nationalism

This is a hard stage, because the cursor moves slowly and does not wrap around the grid. Actually, this is the hardest player naming screen I have ever seen! Our player gets appointed a single character name: "." AKA Point. We also need to appoint an arbitrary flag for . for no reason whatsoever. . is not even allowed as a name in any earthly national state, so the whole flag is pointless, but . ends up with USA, because it is the fastest.

Stage 3: 100-meter Dash

Usa in Bolt runs 100 meters in 9.58 seconds, but . does it in 3.74.
During the 100-meter dash . also runs around the world thrice. This means that .'s running speed is about 10% of light speed.

Screenshots

Samsara: "Is it already April?"
Samsara: I'm rejecting this run for being incomplete. A TAS of this game, or any other game like it, should complete all of the events, not just one.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4972: Aqfaq's SMS Summer Games "Speedy TAS of 2016" in 00:25.90
JorWat25
He/Him
Player (18)
Is it already April?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
We take a shortcut to "COMPETE IN ONE EVENT", because the other events are slower.
And now we take a quick look at Bishi Bashi. Bishi Bashi your thoughts on this? [2852] PSX Bishi Bashi Special 3: Step Champ "Track & Field, best performance" by Spikestuff in 02:41.27 Ah, 4 events. Okay... what about you Track & Field the 5th version? [970] NES Track & Field "max score, playaround" by Phil in 12:55.43 A lot of events, ah yes I see... No Vote, would like to see all the events covered.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Expert player (2015)
No vote. If you're going to be doing a minigame collection, actually do a minigame collection.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
I guess it’s all because of this :-p Gonna vote later, need a temp encode
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Dashjump
He/Him
Experienced player (539)
Man, this totally made my day XD
Active player (405)
I would like to see all the events.
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
I had this game, and I could perform one run around the world sometimes, it was fun =) Voting Yes because this event is the glitchiest, only interesting to do a complete 5 event race if there are new glitches to be discovered there =O
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry