(Link to video)
Yeah, that's a very glitchy old game. This is a improvement of 583 frames to the previous movie. The actual difference is only 574 because I used a newer version of Bizhawk which is more laggy.
Watch in 60 fps to see the flashing stuff:

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Bizhawk 1.11.4 (it says it's 1.6, but it isn't)
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Heavy glitch abuse

Comments

By pressing left + right + down, it's possible to go down really fast and warp through the level. When reaching the upper platform, jumping makes the level to finish. The problem is that some ofsscreen areas kill the kangaroo, so I have to avoid them. In the first level, that's not a problem, I could go straight down and finish the level. In the last 2 levels, I had to go left a bit. Only 1 out of 3 frames allow the kangaroo to move horizontally, so I had to stop falling in these specific frames to go left in 1 pixel.
In the first 2 levels, many frames were saved with the usage of the jumping trick. I thought I had found the trick, but then I realized the previous run did use it in the third level only. I believe this trick was thought to be impossible in the other 2 levels.
In the third level, some frames were saved by optimizing movement to the left.
So, kinda short and weird game. Thanks to nitrogenesis for the previous run!

Samsara: Judging.
Samsara: I think I just watched a video game. I'm not honestly sure anymore. Accepting as an improvement to the published run.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4976: BrunoVisnadi's A2600 Kangaroo in 00:25.22
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Wow! You've been on a roll with breaking the heck out of games with glitches. I thought that used to be Aqfaq's job ;-) This is surprising, but I don't know ultimately if it's entertaining, especially since the character is offscreen for so much of the time. I'm going with Meh. However, congratulations for reducing a game to 3/4 of its previous length.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Amaraticando
It/Its
Editor, Player (158)
Voted yes, because of the big improvement. But I doubt it'll keep the moons tier.
PCachu
He/Him
Kangaroo: the heartwarming tale of a mother marsupial wearing completely irrelevant boxing gloves, who uses her newly-discovered powers of teleportation to rescue her little joey. TENOUTTATEN.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Man, this poor game. Yes vote for sure.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3057] A2600 Kangaroo by BrunoVisnadi in 00:25.22