Submission Text Full Submission Page
Introduction
Hello,everyone. I have discoverd a good use of the select glitch,so that I can use it to duplicate the item stack to over 100 in the early of the game without ZZAZZ glitch or SRAM glitch.
  • Emulator used: BizHawk 1.11.5
  • Aims for fastest completion of the game
  • Heavy glitch abuse
  • Manipulates luck
  • Corrupts memory
  • Forgoes save corruption
Select glitch:
'Closed menu Select sub-glitches' are found in Red and Green and Pokémon Blue (Japanese). The closed menu Select glitch itself involves the selection cursor remaining white (indicating that an option can be swapped with another option) after exiting the items menu or item storage system. This glitch was partially fixed in "revision A" (or "v1.1") of Pokémon Red and Green. [1] In the initial version of Red and Green ("v1.0"), it's possible to perform the closed menu Select glitch after exiting the items menu from within battle. In all other versions, Select must be pressed on an item from outside of battle. "Select glitch" or "Select glitches" may also refer to individual exploit derived from the Select glitch, such as the dokokashira door glitch.
Route:
Intro:The player and rival are named with default name.
Pallet town:I pick Squirtle because it have Bubble,so i can beat Brock more easily,and manipulate its DV to 4HKO the rival's Bulbasaur with critical hits.After give parcel to Prof.OAK,i go to rival's home to pick up a town map otherwise i won't have enough items to perform the select glitch.
Viridian Forest:i pick up a Antidote and a Potion.encounter a Caterpie to let the Squirtle get enough exp to lv.8.and learn the Bubble.
Pewter City:Afrer bet Brock,i get TM34,now i have 4 items,then i go to the shop to buy 5 kinds of item.
Route 2:by encounter a wild pokemon,use the select glitch to switch the 9th item(pokemon) with 1st pokemon,the address $D2A1 is changed to 118,now i have 118 items,so i can change many memory address like the SRAM glitch.
i switch the $d328 to $d335,now $d335 is 198,by toss 81 items,i switch it to 118.$d335 controls the entrance of the door of Viridian Forest and route 2,so i warp to the Hall of Fame directly.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5032: AsukaXX's GB Pocket Monsters: Red in 10:47.07
While this is technically a different glitch from the Published "Doko Kashira Door" route, the core functionality of the glitch is the same, and this run takes over twice as long as the published run. I personally don't see a way for this to obsolete anything, nor do I see enough difference to give this its own category. Valiant effort, though.
Editor, Experienced player (817)
Link to video Temp encode.
Skilled player (1019)
I have no experience with the select glitch, so I can't say anything about whether it's used appropriately in this run, but I noticed a couple of other things: - For the Bulbasaur fight, you don't need the crits, 4 non-crits (with 5 dmg each) are sufficient and save you the "Critical hit" text. - Your movement on Route 1 is suboptimal, you are taking several unnecessary steps both on the way down and on the way up again. - Fighting the Caterpie in Viridian Forest takes three turns, but you can get away with only two if you fight a weaker enemy, like a L2 Rattata. - Getting spotted by the Bug Catcher is slower than talking to him directly. - The Bugcatcher's Weedle can be beaten in 5 turns instead of 6.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!