Submission Text Full Submission Page
This movie was recorded via FCEU.
Back to the Future is a game known for being ridiculously tough, so I figured I'd give it the time attack treatment. A good portion of it is spent in the fairly simple street levels, with the occasional tough mini-game thrown in where you have to hit a ridiculous number of objects to move on (and get sent back to the previous stage if you fail).
The video runs from start to finish, aiming for as fast a time as possible and showing off a bit to make the stages more interesting I take only one hit in the final stage, because as far as I can tell there's no way to avoid slowing down at that point; you either hit the side of the road and get dragged to a stop, or drive over the lightning marks and take a hit to your speed.
The toughest part of this video was making it interesting to watch. It's not a game known for its thrilling moments. But I did my best with that.

Bisqwit: Rejecting this movie because:
  • There's no visual sign of any optimization
  • It's boring to watch
  • The test audience didn't like it
Sorry. Better luck next time. :)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #550: spoonshiro's NES Back to the Future in 18:51.90
I'm sure a lot of people remember this game from their youth, and not fondly. The level designs were shoddy and uninspired, with a thin relation to the movie--moreover, the levels themselves were difficult and oftentimes arbitrary, leaving myself and others to to struggle, over and over, until the return date (or finish it out of spite, if they owned it). Today, spoonshiro has driven a stake into the cold, black heart of Back to the Future for all to see, and should be aknowledged for such. A yes vote, from me.
Former player
I acually looked into making a run of this game a while ago, and decided against it as I felt it would be extremely boring. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but I definately wouldn't want to watch it again. Sometimes about missing so many clocks just bothered me, especially when some were not out of your way at all. It would have been nice to see you get every clock, or atleast close to it. The way it's played now just seems like it's a very good player playing. In the diner and class room stages I beleive you only need to hit 50 bullies/block 50 hearts to complete it. After that point getting hit will still complete you the level. Saving alot of repitition. The guitar level wasn't so bad to watch, but unfortunately i'm going to have to give this movie a meh vote. I'm sure there are people out there that would like to watch this to see the game beaten, but to me it's just not very interesting...
Former player
Who would want to watch that twice? Man this game is awful. But I agree with BoltR - it seems as though sometimes clocks are right in front of you and you miss them and some are out of the way and you get them. The same goes for the enemies. I know we're not supposed to judge re-record count, but 203 for a twenty minute movie seems a bit light (if it's accurate), regardless of difficulty. You might want to see if there are any decent tricks you can pull off on the skateboard or something. Vote: Meh
Former player
There aren't any, I don't even think you can jump over benches...
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!