This movie improves the cancelled #938: slash_star_dash's NES Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger in 07:03.87 and my uploaded usermovie by a lot of frames.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.2
  • Uses hardest difficulty
  • Aims for shortest input
  • Manipulates cutscenes heavily
  • Uses soft reset to start the game earlier / manipulate cutscenes

General

Each level after the boss fights offers a mini game to get a live. Obviously this is skipped all the time.

List of techniques and oddities appeared in chronological order

Soft resetting early
Using the reset button, we can start the game earlier and also manipulate cutscenes.
Manipulate cutscenes
Cutscenes are very complex in this game. They have 6 possible states, a counter for writing the characters and a delay timer. The game sometimes "overflows" the delay timer making button presses invalid after cutscenes which are obviously manipulated out. Another thing is the player Y, sub Y, x, sub X and input influences these timers.
Cancelling movement stop when taking damage
If you press A right when you take damage, you can continue to walk forward.
Starting action before boss battles
You can press A or B (jump or shoot or both) while entering the door to take action as soon as possible.
Trident glitch
You can get inside walls vertically and only from bottom to top. This is useful to avoid corners above your head.

Miscellaneous

This game and this cutscene misery sucks. HUD I created and used.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Not the most interesting game to look at. Accepting for the Vault.
feos: Pub.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5166: MESHUGGAH's NES Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger in 06:29.48
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Yeah baby. Link to video
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I never noticed this game before in the submissions; I must not have been paying attention. This run is not bad though! The game moves fluidly enough, and it looks pretty easy. If it had more than one music theme during the stages, it would be a much better game. The frequent cutscenes with the old white dude also don't help. Something feels really wrong when a large part of the optimization comes from speeding up RNG-dependent cutscenes. I vote Meh.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
fcxiaopengyou
He/Him
Experienced player (546)
This is a Japanese cartoon called "恐竜戦隊ジュウレンジャー" adaptation of the game. Thanks encode and I think this is a nice run, maybe it's not high entertainment, but with smooth process and good music. I give a Y vote.
Working on: [NES] Downtown Special - Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou! (J) ''2 players 100%'' Plan: [SNES] Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba (Japan) _________________ My English is pour. 
EgixBacon
He/Him
Player (181)
What is up with the colour palette in the Black Ranger's level? It looks so... bleurgh. Apart from that, this run/game was... okay. The sheer amount of unskippable cutscenes may have got some use out of my keyboard's right arrow key, but the TAS was short enough to not be too tiring. I'll give this a Yes.
FanFiction|Youtube Still on Win7! Take that, Microsoft!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3181] NES Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger by MESHUGGAH in 06:29.48