Submission Text Full Submission Page
recorded on Snes9x v1.43 WIP 1
-no warps or passwords used
-no programming errors or glitches used at all
-Super Street Fighter 2 - The New Challengers is a Head to Head Fighting game, the best of the Street Fighter series on SNES and also one of the best beat em up games ever made.
-This movie shows a Super Battle walkthrough on 8 Star difficulty, beating every opponent on "Perfect" and in less than 20 seconds for every fight and got a unbelievable total score of 1.762.600! I used up to 5 Hard-Hit Combos for saving time but also tried to vary the moves as much as the time allows.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
alright, well done, no complaints, except for... fei long? :S ok.. sorry you did a good job but i will vote meh.. maybe someone will enjoy it more than i did, gl
Former player
I had to vote no because you did not adequately explore the possible combos of Fei Long. A quick FAQ search suggested that six-hit, seven-hit and longer combos are possible. And that's without the benefit of slo-mo or rerecords. Furthermore, your opponents block a lot and consequently the fights take too long. Another reason the fights take too long is you knock the opponent down more often than you have to.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Former player
I voted no:
  1. No 6+ hit combos (at least 10 hits are possible with Fei-Long)
  2. No comboing out of the scissor kick
  3. No comboing out of crouching fierce punch
  4. Too much CPU blocking
  5. Numerous missed attacks
In this genre, style is much more important than speed, as a pure speedrun would be incredibly monotonous and quite boring to watch. I would aim to use as many different combos and playing styles as possible.
Blah!
I stopped using WIP 1 when 1.43 came out, and this movie desyncs at T.Hawk in 1.43. Eventually the majority of people are going to be using the full version and won't be able to enjoy movies that have WIP timing.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I don't think so, because 1.43 WIP has fewer desync issues. Get the improved version from Snes9x forum, it can play both WIP and Final movies.
Former player
Umm...this is Super. Fei didn't get the scissor kick until Super Turbo. I do suggest looking into comboing from meaty attacks (that is, attacks that connect on late frames as an opponent gets up) as Fei has some nasty stuff with that. Most notably low HP into another low HP (huge dizzy possibility) and close standing HP into another close HP, cancelled into rekkas. Good Fei players use these combos in a tournament setting, so you can certainly fit them in with slowdown and rerecords. Try to find some other weird things to use with this, too. Good luck, Josh.
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Player (209)
Well, my first priority was to make the highest score and the fastest time. If I would use the 8 hit combos I would have to use the low punches, but they give the lowest damage so I would lose on time what will also affect a lower score since the time gives a part of the score. I used Fei Long because he is in my opinion one of the fastest knock-outer from any position because of the rekka ken. To make this hard combos with other fighters require a very close position to the opponent and are not that effective.
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
you did it fast. But boring to watch. Even you did'nt use any Dizzy combo. so my vote go for Meh. Sorry. It can be improved.
Radz.
Former player
Scissor Kick = Forward + HK. (It's a name used for far too many things, so I suppose I should call it a hopping kick for clarification...) With precise timing, it can be followed by any other heavy attack for a 3-hit instant dizzy combo. Also, a 13-hit combo is possible: Jumping HK (cross over), LP, LP, LP, LP, LP, LP, LP, LP, Crouching LP, Rekka Ken, Rekka Ken, Rekka ken Good luck getting all those jabs in without slowdown :)
Blah!
Player (209)
Hey SprintGod, Im pretty sure that this combo won't work. Could you make a small movie ONLY of this combo (of course with all tools you can use, slowdown, rerecord etc...) and send it to me? Because I can't believe that.
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
Former player
Sorry Sprint, I thought you were talking about that hcf,u/f+K move he got in ST (as that is called "scissor kick" sometimes). Now it makes sense...awesome combo there, btw. I would love to see a Deejay run too, just for the sight of someone comboing every hit of the hyper fist; that apparently IS possible, but it requires ultra-precise mashing. -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Former player
In a fighting games, IMO, cpu must never be able to guard. you must never miss hits as you have all the tools to use every opportunities. Playing turtle, waiting that the opponent attack first first then doing a huge massive combo is the best solution IMO.
Former player
  1. 13-hit combo
    • Jumping HK (crossover), LP x 8, Crouching LP, H Rekkaken x 3
  2. 6-hit combo
    • Toward + HK, Crouching LP, H Rekkaken x 3
  3. 2-hit combo
    • Crouching HP, L Shienkyaku
>>Edit: SMV removed<< It's very easy to get all 4 hits from Dee Jay's Hyper Fist if you repeatedly press all 3 punch buttons in sequence (HP, MP, LP, HP, MP, LP, etc.) It can a bit awkward using a standard SNES controller though, unless you map all the punch buttons to A/B/X/Y.
Blah!
Player (209)
well done SprintGod, but I can't understand how you have done this extremely fast low punches, because as I tried it mysef from the point where the lowpunches started after the cross over hardkick, I couldn't make them so fast that I would end up in the 13 hit combo even with slowdown and turbo-mode. The last lowpunch crouched was out of reach because zangief was to far away in this time. Can you explain what is exactly to do for making this to work. How should I use the Snes9x features to make this combo, since I'm new on this emulator (I used ZSNES before). As you see the fight was 22 seconds long, and as I said before I was aiming for fastest possible time and highest score, but even if this combo is impressive it costs alot of time and there is not more damage like my 5-Hit combo: jumping HK, HP, H Rekkas (3x) of the movie. And why using crouching HP if you can use the easier normal HP + Fire-Kick?
I m starting a timeattack in SF2. Using Ken, Included Dizzy combos. Hopefully awesome to watch whole game.
Radz.
Player (61)
Im starting time atack for this game too. But i using E-Honda hehehehe
Former player
Saturn wrote:
well done SprintGod, but I can't understand how you have done this extremely fast low punches
Pause + Frame Advance (\ key). Every punch needs to be executed on the very first frame that it is possible to do so (ranges from 13-15 frames between button presses).
Saturn wrote:
And why using crouching HP if you can use the easier normal HP + Fire-Kick?
You answered your own question. Easy is not acceptable at this site.
Blah!
Former player
haha... more fighting game time attacks!! good luck everyone, ive been waiting to see some of those games get done.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!